Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → It's not Christmas
It's not Christmas
2006-12-24, 4:59 PM #1
At least it doesn't feel like it. Does anyone else notice it feeling less and less like Christmas every year?
2006-12-24, 5:01 PM #2
Such feelings are quite normal, and inevitable as one gets older and leaves childhood.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2006-12-24, 5:06 PM #3
I think it's a bad thing that I'm experiencing this, being only 14. But then again, it was in the 50's outside until yesterday and hasn't snowed since LAST WINTER.

It ALMOST broke 40 today, so it is cooling down.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-12-24, 5:15 PM #4
I think it's because of the overall non-wintery ness that everywhere seems to be getting. The coldest it's been here is -15, and only for part of a day. It snowed a couple times, but none of it stayed, and it's a green christmas tonight and tommorow

<|:(
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-12-24, 5:54 PM #5
I can't wait for this stupid holiday to be over with. Its far too depressing and stressful.

o.0
2006-12-24, 6:04 PM #6
This year is much better than last year. "You can't say Merry Christmas! It's offensive! You have to say Happy Holidays!"

Also, the annual Christmas Story marathon has finally started. It's definitely beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2006-12-24, 6:04 PM #7
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
At least it doesn't feel like it. Does anyone else notice it feeling less and less like Christmas every year?

Christmas is no longer about celebrating the birth of Christ and spreading joy and peace to man but about great new sales at <large chain here> and dropping thousands on hunks of compressed carbon!

So yes, it is feeling less and less like real Christmas.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-12-24, 6:18 PM #8
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... Everywhere you go...
>:D

On that note, yes I agree that it does seem to feel less and less like Christmas each year. I think that's because as we get older the days seem to go by faster, and the seasons change quickly. You also take on more responsibility so you have less time to just be anticipating about the season and less time to think about it.
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2006-12-24, 6:23 PM #9
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
Christmas is no longer about celebrating the birth of Christ and spreading joy and peace to man but about great new sales at <large chain here> and dropping thousands on hunks of compressed carbon!

For some of us Christmas was never about celebrating the birth of Christ...
2006-12-24, 6:50 PM #10
Originally posted by tofu:
For some of us Christmas was never about celebrating the birth of Christ...

Added to the fact that the knowledge of christ not likely being born December 25th is spreading a bit more.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-12-24, 7:14 PM #11
I'm all sick and feverish.

Christmas can go to hell.
2006-12-24, 7:50 PM #12
My married siblings always rub it in my face that I am single. So that usually makes me feel crappy this time of year. It doesn't help I go to a lot of family parties where I am the only single person there. On the bright side it snowed recently, and. . .umm. I don't know. Not really my favorite holiday. :cyfrown:

(I also hate sounding emo around this time of year because people accuse you of being a Grinch. <|:( )
My blawgh.
2006-12-24, 7:59 PM #13
At least there's presents.
2006-12-24, 8:03 PM #14
Indeed.
I'll report on the huge mysteries box tommorow.
I pray it to be a computer! and as mentioned before... not a chair.
2006-12-24, 8:23 PM #15
Chirstmas is like an extra bill...
Back again
2006-12-24, 8:32 PM #16
I will do my best not to laugh if it is a PC and it has an Intel GMA 900 GPU. Without a PCI-E slot.
2006-12-24, 8:44 PM #17
Something about sleeping in a hole with a machine gun makes it feel a lot like Christmas to me.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-12-24, 8:45 PM #18
Originally posted by Phantom-Seraph:
My married siblings always rub it in my face that I am single.

just respond with "at least i still have my money, my balls, and my freedom"
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2006-12-24, 8:51 PM #19
:cyfrown:
Attachment: 14853/Image1.jpg (48,879 bytes)
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-12-24, 8:51 PM #20
So this is christmas...!
and what have you done?
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2006-12-24, 9:10 PM #21
Merry Christmas...haha.
Back again
2006-12-24, 9:19 PM #22
Merry Christmas. It has felt very strange these past years. This year is the least Christmas feeling Christmas I've ever felt; it really snuck up on me.
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2006-12-24, 11:30 PM #23
yeah, it always seems to feel less and less like christmas to me too. though it's still my favorite holiday, it just didn't feel like any special time until tonight
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2006-12-24, 11:33 PM #24
I get the same feeling, but I also get a weird after-feeling like 6 months after Christmas when suddenly everything that happened during this time suddenly feels Christmassy. Hmm.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-12-24, 11:40 PM #25
We don't even have snow...and this is Finland! Damn global warming.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2006-12-24, 11:41 PM #26
Originally posted by JediGandalf:

But it has been like that since the commerical culture has dominated this holiday. I don't see how it could have changed over the years that it would be noticeable that Christmas feels less like Christmas.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-12-24, 11:57 PM #27
Yeah, it's felt less and less like Christmas every year, I figured that was just me getting older.

[edit]NOW it's Christmas.
2006-12-25, 12:14 AM #28
Originally posted by Krokodile:
We don't even have snow...and this is Finland! Damn global warming.

Thats funny. We have a harsher winter than usual, here.
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2006-12-25, 10:24 AM #29
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:

Of course. The liberals have been at it for years.
2006-12-25, 10:27 AM #30
Awww.

Someone thinks they're clever.
2006-12-25, 10:30 AM #31
Originally posted by Rob:
Awww.

Someone thinks they're clever.

No, it's the truth. Liberals are the one's that advocate political correctness and it directly affects these things.
2006-12-25, 10:34 AM #32
No it's true.

You think you're clever. You think you've figured it all out. You think you've unearthed a gigantic conspiracy.

Christmas has been steadily last christmasy ever since a soft drink compay landed control over it. It hasn't been the same holiday since damn near the 50's. Did you really expect it to stay the same now?

Christmas hasn't meant anything since then. And it doesn't mean anything now. Quit getting all of your information from American Dad.
2006-12-25, 10:34 AM #33
[QUOTE=IRG SithLord]No, it's the truth. Liberals are the one's that advocate political correctness and it directly affects these things.[/QUOTE]
No no no no no no.

It's Christmas. Don't go down this path. Let's just forget for one bloody day that some of us are conservative some of us are liberal and just all have a good holiday with generous amounts of irish creme + egg nog...mmmm...
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-12-25, 10:35 AM #34
Damn liberals, preventing me from staying stuck a few centuries in the past :mad:
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-12-25, 11:01 AM #35
NOT EVEN A FEW CENTURIES.

More like a few decades.
2006-12-25, 7:57 PM #36
I don't care if it's not Christmas for you anymore. I don't even care if it's Christmas for me.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-12-25, 8:01 PM #37
[QUOTE=IRG SithLord]No, it's the truth. Liberals are the one's that advocate political correctness and it directly affects these things.[/QUOTE]In the spirit of the holiday I'm not going to make my comment about you, fellation and Bill O'Reilly. Consider this my Christmas gift to the forum.
2006-12-25, 8:52 PM #38
Originally posted by Freelancer:
I don't care if it's not Christmas for you anymore. I don't even care if it's Christmas for me.

So how did this contribute to the thread? This is one of those " I have nothing to say posts."
2006-12-26, 8:23 AM #39
Originally posted by Jon`C:
In the spirit of the holiday I'm not going to make my comment about you, fellation and Bill O'Reilly. Consider this my Christmas gift to the forum.

Request permission to add this quote to my signature.
>>untie shoes
2006-12-26, 11:24 AM #40
If you do, change fellation to something else, like "love." I don't want the image of O'Reilly and fellatio every time you make a post.
omnia mea mecum porto

↑ Up to the top!