Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Red Steel
Red Steel
2006-12-26, 10:38 AM #1
My brother bought Red Steel for me for Christmas. I had high hopes but it's actually a pretty average FPS. It reminds me of the bargain-bin PC FPS games. The control scheme with the wiimote is alright. You can lock on to an enemy with the A button and then you have a smaller firing window. You can also zoom in, which is nice, but you have to move the entire wiimote towards the screen to zoom in, which is really awkward :( During the more major gun battles, I have to have my arm fully extended at the TV, and I feel like a complete dumbass, not to mention it's uncomfortable for more than a moment. Ah well.

Does anyone know how much places give for trade-ins on this game?
2006-12-26, 11:19 AM #2
And the honeymoon period is coming to an end.
Pissed Off?
2006-12-26, 11:22 AM #3
I wish I could just find a damn wii.
2006-12-26, 12:16 PM #4
I think the wiimote can be awesome for FPS games, it's just that they tried to do too much with it. The zooming in particular, they could have just made some other button do it, rather than having to lunge at the tv screen.
2006-12-26, 1:15 PM #5
I personally can't wait till games come with their own wiimote attachments/shells.

Now THAT would be awesome.
2006-12-26, 1:56 PM #6
Gamestop/EBgames does trade-in's.

The compension you receive is dependant on how old the game is. I think they should give you something decent for it.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-12-26, 2:29 PM #7
How is it for the sword fighting?
2006-12-26, 3:13 PM #8
From what I've heard, cheesy and bad.
2006-12-26, 3:16 PM #9
The sword fighting is awful. COD3 is a better FPS, but I'd still rather play it on the 360 than the wii.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-12-26, 3:28 PM #10
Sword fighting is lame. You can't stab. You get a sword in right hand, and a half-sword in left hand, used to block. When they slash, you wave around your left hand, and it blocks them. If you time it right (where "right" is undefined and completely random), they get knocked back and you can slash them a few times. You can also dodge and slash them (a lot easier and faster than using the block thing). By "slash them" I mean you can wave your right hand, either from the left or the right, to get the sword to slash from left or right. There doesn't seem to be any other fanciness yet. Maybe it gets better, later? heh.

I used to know this girl that worked at blockbuster, and one time I bought some game that totally sucked, and she re-shrink-wrapped it for me so I could return it without hassle. Wish she still worked there :(
2006-12-26, 3:29 PM #11
Originally posted by Alan:
Gamestop/EBgames does trade-in's.

The compension you receive is dependant on how old the game is. I think they should give you something decent for it.

What do you mean by decent? I mean, I've never traded a game. The game costs 50 bucks new, and they sell it for 44.99 used (all $50 wii games so far, from what I've seen). So would they give me 20? 30? 40?
2006-12-26, 3:30 PM #12
(I'll just call them)
2006-12-26, 3:31 PM #13
Meh, they said $20.00 in credit. Lame. I'm going to try to find someone to shrink-wrap it for me.
2006-12-27, 10:04 PM #14
For the swordfighting: you can actually swing in "any" direction ... you just have to make sure that the wiimote enters the "screen" from the point that you want the swing to start. This is really annoying and most of the time it seems like you can only do one or two kinds of swing because in order to MOVE the wiimote so that it's off the screen so you can start your swing at some other angle, you have to move it across the screen and that makes you swing your sword anyway.
一个大西瓜
2006-12-28, 2:43 PM #15
Just sell it on Amazon as a NEW item. I do that quite often for things that I've only use once and no one really seems to care.
2006-12-29, 10:56 AM #16
I took it back and got Rayman. At least the kids will like this one. Some of the games in it are fun, some are lame. The rail-shooting plunger ones are really fun, though.
2006-12-29, 10:58 AM #17
I had really high hopes for Red Steel. :(

I hope to get a wii on Sunday, I'm going to try my damnest.

I might even buy two more to sell on e-bay since they still sell for like $400 a pop.
2006-12-29, 11:32 AM #18
Originally posted by Rob:
I might even buy two more to sell on e-bay since they still sell for like $400 a pop.

I wouldn't have thought this would be the case, with Christmas over with. You'd think people could wait a couple of weeks.
2006-12-29, 11:52 AM #19
I had read the reviews for Red Steel and expected it to be crap.
I found myself pleasantly surprised ^_^
I think the mistake your making is having high hopes to begin with.
Oh, and to make zooming in easier, hold the wii back before pushing A, that way just holding it in the normal position is zoomed in.

And that lock-on is way too easy. Disable it and learn to aim ;p
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-12-29, 11:57 AM #20
Originally posted by Aglar:
I wouldn't have thought this would be the case, with Christmas over with. You'd think people could wait a couple of weeks.

People are dumb. :P

I'm going wii hunting sunday with a friend. Then we'll probably get drunk and play tennis.
2006-12-29, 11:58 AM #21
Originally posted by MentatMM:
Just sell it on Amazon as a NEW item. I do that quite often for things that I've only use once and no one really seems to care.

Wow, you suck. A lot.
You can't judge a book by it's file size

↑ Up to the top!