Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The THIRD drabble contest
The THIRD drabble contest
2006-12-27, 12:32 PM #1
Quote:
Here are a few ground rules, although more rules may be added as issues arise:
  • The drabble must be exactly one hundred and twelve English words. All words must be found on either dictionary.com or webster.com. One hundred words, no more, no less. [ SEE BELOW ]
  • Original work only. No quotations from other works.
  • Individual entries only, no co-authored work.
  • You may submit as many entries for show as you like, but the author must decide on one for the final vote.
  • Drabbles must be PM'd to Steven before the deadline to be considered entered into the contest.
  • The drabble must be directly related to the given theme(s). This will be open, but try not to be too off topic. [ SEE BELOW ]

100 words is not very much! The bulleted rules are exactly 100 words. Choose your language wisely!

Something slightly different. You may write about whatever you want, although it must contain the words, in this order...
Quote:
I don't remember what happened after that, but when I woke up...

There is no specific theme, but you must include the above phrase in the drabble somewhere. In order to be fair, your word target is now 112 , because the above line is 12 words. Make sense? Deadline is Friday night sometime. Voting thread goes up on Saturday.

Ask if you have questions. Post any insults or self-glorifications in this thread.
2006-12-27, 2:43 PM #2
Because the other two were so successful.
2006-12-27, 6:26 PM #3
I'll try to write one for this one. All depends on what time I have. Psh...people forcing me to get off the computer. Keeping me busy. What's up with that?
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2006-12-27, 9:51 PM #4
I have a good idea for this one.

And tofu- They were moderately successful. And quite fun.

I think the biggest problem was that there was too much time. Most of the entries are received in the first 24 hours or so. What if we had a day of submissions, and a day of voting, on and off?
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-12-28, 2:38 AM #5
Quote:
Post any insults or self-glorifications in this thread.

I AM THE KING OF ALL CREATION AND WEAR A SHINY HAT

WORSHIP ME
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-12-28, 9:46 AM #6
YOUR SHINY HAT IS TACKY, AND YOU HAVE POSTED IN ALL CAPS LIKE A MORON

sir.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-12-28, 11:11 AM #7
The only problem with making the dates so close together is that people who do not check the forums daily (such as myself, unless there is a thread I am particularly interested in) will miss out. I think 1-2 days is acceptable.ew contests.
2006-12-28, 2:11 PM #8
Okay, agreed.

Also:

BOW BEFORE MY UNDENIABLE WRATH, CRETINS. YOU SHALL SUFFER WHEN I BLINK; YOU SHALL TREMBLE WHEN I COUGH; YOU SHALL QUIVER WHEN I PEE.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-12-28, 2:49 PM #9
May you get less votes than I!
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.

↑ Up to the top!