Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Having a tough time breathing here...
Having a tough time breathing here...
2004-07-11, 6:27 PM #1
I just quit my job after 1.75 years.

I worked for a movie marketing company.
It was at a kiosk/cart in front of a local movie theatre
It involved hell of a lot of paperwork
We show a person a movie preview, twice, then ask them what they like and don't like over a 5-15 minute survey.
I've been reciting the movie previews I watch every day, the phrases I say to people there every day, literally...EVERYDAY.

I came to the point where I had been memorizing so much about movies that I hadn't heard of a new movie for about one month. I was no longer saying "I want to see this movie" because whenever I saw a commercial I was forced to see it so many times that I lost desire. It's like when you'd say "I've seen that commercial so many times it drives me crazy..." except worse.
Every movie I saw was no longer dramatic, no longer funny, it sucked. I FINALLY LEFT THIS DAMN JOB!!!!!

I feel like celebrating...

I just broke up with my girlfriend a few weeks ago, and I decided "you know what? I thought a girlfriend might make bearing this job easier, but dangit, it's time to go" So I gave my boss 2 weeks notice. Since then, I've gotten about 5 apps put in, at least 1 interview set up, and 3 more on the way to put in. Apparently I'm going to be doing physical therapy, which is great, because my leg has been injured for too damn long. I finally got a doctor to look at it today.

My friends...I am very...very glad today.
YEAH!!!

------------------
This signiture agrees completely with the previously posted signuture. To attempt copyright infringement upon this signiture is a violation of any copyright laws stated for the previously stated signiture. By acknowledging this signiture, you acknowledge the previous signiture.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2004-07-11, 7:10 PM #2
congrats

------------------
yay for not posting much ever
yay for not posting much ever
2004-07-11, 7:15 PM #3
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Martin_W:
congrats

</font>

What he said.

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein
2004-07-11, 8:01 PM #4
You dumped ur gf to? GO TO THE TITTY BAR! lol

------------------
You have to look at the big picture. We (as a country) spend more tax money dealing with MS blunders than we do on the software itself. And guess who MS's largest customer is? You guessed it, the government! - Brian
My Personal Site | Remnant Temple Part A | A work in progress
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-07-11, 8:09 PM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Martin_W:
congrats</font>

------------------
ZGPC
2004-07-11, 8:16 PM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Prince Xizor:
You dumped ur gf to? GO TO THE TITTY BAR! lol
</font>

"ur" "gf" and "titty" all on the same line seems so wrong to me.

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-07-11, 9:44 PM #7
Maybe not the nudie bar, but definitely a bar wouldn't be a bad idea. Snagging a lady certainly would even things out [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif].

But yah, sounds good man. Good luck with your job and therapy.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-11, 10:53 PM #8
Just as a side note: I don't think everybody would be happy if you burst out singing Tom Petty's "I'm Taking Control of My Life"... Classical rock seems to be so under-appriciated...

------------------
"I know there's got to be some sort of mathematical equation for this sort of thing, but I prefer trial and error. It's one of the advantages of having a socialized health care system."
Wake up, George Lucas... The Matrix has you...
2004-07-12, 4:15 AM #9
Im both sad and glad for you. Good luck in finding another job.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nottheking:
Just as a side note: I don't think everybody would be happy if you burst out singing Tom Petty's "I'm Taking Control of My Life"... Classical rock seems to be so under-appriciated...</font>

"Free-falling" would work too... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-07-12, 4:54 AM #10
I actually did something somewhat similar. I quit my job at McDonalds after just over 3 years, even though I didn't have anything else lined up. But I needed to get out of there.

------------------
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2004-07-12, 4:59 AM #11
i'm lost
2004-07-12, 5:06 AM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Maybe not the nudie bar, but definitely a bar wouldn't be a bad idea. Snagging a lady certainly would even things out [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif].

But yah, sounds good man. Good luck with your job and therapy.

</font>

Dude you don't want to pick up girls in a bar that **** is dirty man... you want to have a good time not get 5 STDs in the process.

↑ Up to the top!