Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Hurt toe part 2
Hurt toe part 2
2006-12-29, 8:40 AM #1
I broke the little toe on my right foot back in September and I posted about it here .

I now have a matching set.

Yes, I know I have ugly feet.

So, post your own ugly feet or photoshop mine.
Attachment: 14861/hpim1132a.jpg (33,960 bytes)
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-12-29, 9:18 AM #2
Weird, your little toe is suprisingly straight (which is rare) but the next one in is bent which isn't as common.

About a month ago I crushed my big toe against the top of my shoe when I was forced to stop running suddenly whilst playing ultimate frisbee (indoors, there were walls). The whole nail turned purple but when I cut the nail a week later all the blood came out leaving an almost normal looking toe. It's still not quite back to normal, there's some weird colouring but the nail is no longer loose so it seems unlikely that it'll fall off.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-12-29, 9:20 AM #3
My sister's toe a few years ago.

Warning: Graphic Content
2006-12-29, 9:25 AM #4
Originally posted by SiliconC:

Ugh.

That sucks Chew, I broke my baby toe at an amusement park a couple of years ago, it wasn't pleasant.
2006-12-29, 9:57 AM #5
Originally posted by Detty:
Weird, your little toe is suprisingly straight (which is rare) but the next one in is bent which isn't as common.

Heh, it used to curve inward a little bit...
2006-12-29, 10:12 AM #6

Nail completely ripped off?

How does the toe look now? My dad has no nail on one of his big toes and because of the two roots that are still in place, his toe looks a bit like ET.
2006-12-29, 10:58 AM #7
Yeah, her nail was completely ripped off, but I'm fairly sure it looks normal now.
2006-12-29, 11:09 AM #8
That happened to one of my fingers.

Now the nail is deep purple and shaped a little funny.
2006-12-29, 11:10 AM #9
I lost the nail on my left big toe about a year and a half ago now. It looks kind of funky.
Pissed Off?
2006-12-29, 1:16 PM #10
I lost both of my big toe nails in a period of a week two summers ago, and this last summer my left big toe nail was ripped out once again, the nail is half grown back. Those are some of the most painful experiences I’ve had.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2006-12-29, 5:13 PM #11

I've done that twice, to the same nail actually. Now it's slightly thicker than the nail on the same toe of my right foot.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-12-30, 11:14 AM #12
I fell down the stairs again last year (small steps and large feet don't mix well) and managed to drop my full weight onto my little toe as it caught a step. Somehow I'm pretty sure it wasn't broken despite how much it hurt but I had this deep purple bruise in a perfect ring around the joint.
2006-12-30, 1:46 PM #13
I have an ingrown toenail that I'm going to have removed next week.

People were not meant to wear shoes all day.
2006-12-30, 2:21 PM #14
My podiatrist agrees. In the same way that processed food is bad for your teeth, shoes are bad for your toes.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-12-31, 11:42 AM #15
Originally posted by Roach:
I've done that twice, to the same nail actually. Now it's slightly thicker than the nail on the same toe of my right foot.

its evolving... :ninja:
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2006-12-31, 11:44 AM #16
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
I have an ingrown toenail that I'm going to have removed next week.

People were not meant to wear shoes all day.

I wear shoes every waking moment and sometimes when I sleep too.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-01-01, 2:40 PM #17
Behold, the trainwreck which is my left foot.
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/Phantom-Seraph/Ewfoot.jpg]
#1. A few years ago I had an ingrown toenail for a little under a year. Now that it's gone the toenail is now yellowish.
#2. When I was born, my pinky toe was like that, had has been ever since. There are hardly any nerves in there, and I am unable to move it at all. So it's about as useful as an appendix.
#3. When I was 7 a carcing knife fell off of my kitchen counter and went all the way through my foot. It's healed up nicely and the scar is almost invisible now.

So yeah. I tend to wear shoes as much as possible now.
My blawgh.
2007-01-01, 2:51 PM #18
I've broken both my little toes several times.

I managed to break the toe next to my big toe about 2 years ago, and now its a little oddly shaped. Fits into the side of my big toe like a jigsaw piece. Damn doctors and their strapping.
nope.
2007-01-01, 4:24 PM #19
My dad just broke his ankle/foot.

Compound fracture. He got run over by a fertilizer spreader.

So this stuff sounds wussy now, compared to the pain I feel JUST LOOKING at those x-rays...
2007-01-01, 6:24 PM #20
If you were a real man, you would have broken your foot/ankle in his place. ;)

↑ Up to the top!