Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Tell me...
Tell me...
2006-12-29, 3:29 PM #1
Tell me what Gamecube, Gameboy Advance, and DS games I need to buy.

kthx.

These are the games I have (and have borrowed):

Batan Kaitos
The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
Resident Evil 4
Tales of Symphonia
Wario Ware

Advance Tactics DS
Digdug
New Super Mario Brothers
Trace Memories
2006-12-29, 3:37 PM #2
Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap for GBA is super-fun, but that could be b/c it's the first Zelda game I ever played.

Generic stuff like Super Mario World and Super Mario Kart for GBA are must haves, IMO.

And if you haven't already played Metroid Fusion or Zero Mission, I'd reccomend those as well.

[edit]

also, you oughta have SSB:M for GC
2006-12-29, 5:51 PM #3
GC:
Red Faction II
Time Splitters 3 and/or 4
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-12-29, 7:18 PM #4
Metroid Prime: Hunters
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Mario Kart DS

i also reckon for the DS you should steer clear of the nintendogs and brain training games, they're very gimmicky and become dull very fast.
2006-12-29, 7:36 PM #5
Golden Sun 1 & 2. For GBA.
2006-12-29, 7:47 PM #6
For DS:

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (or if you want to import the Japanese/English dual language original version, 逆転裁判 (Gyakuten Saiban)). Oh-so-amazing.

and Phoenix Wright 2: Justice for All is coming out in January (or if you want the Japanese/English dual language version, it's out already and you just have to order it).
一个大西瓜
2006-12-29, 7:59 PM #7
Final Fantasy 3 for DS is pretty fun if you like Final Fantasy games. (This is the NES one that was never officially released in the US and they remade with fairly nice 3D graphics for the DS). The new Castlevania game, Portrait of Ruin, is pretty good too. So are Aria of Sorrow and Harmony of Dissonance on GBA too. Also, I second Golden Sun 1 and 2 as well.
2006-12-29, 8:03 PM #8
/me kicks darth in the balls.

you lucky bastards, i think we have to wait out the best part of 2007 for the DS FF3, although 2007 promises to be very awesome for nintendoness, what with the promising potential of the various wii games... and DS titles such as Phantom Hourglass, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and Castlevania.
2006-12-29, 9:29 PM #9
Pokemon Pearl/Diamond will kick major ***. Online trading and matchmaking, importing monsters from GBA games... sweeeeet.

Anyway, I bought Yoshi's Island DS tonight, it's really cool so far. I spent more time in the first two missions than I did in the entire first world of New Super Mario Brothers.

I have a friend that can lend me Phoenix Wright, which looks pretty interesting. He can also borrow me the Castlevania games...

Looks like I need to get Hunters then.
2006-12-29, 10:46 PM #10
Super Smash Brothers: Melee
Pissed Off?
2006-12-29, 10:48 PM #11
Definitely Phoenix Wright
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-12-30, 10:52 PM #12
Originally posted by Avenger:
Super Smash Brothers: Melee

My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-12-30, 10:53 PM #13
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
GC:
Red Faction II
Time Splitters 3 and/or 4

...4?
2006-12-31, 12:22 AM #14
No one else will suggest it, so I will: Pokemon Leaf Green / Fire Red. I don't care what anyone says, the original Pokemon game (which this is a remake of) is a great game that I always end up going back to.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2006-12-31, 4:10 AM #15
Does it still have missingno? >_>
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-12-31, 4:33 AM #16
metroid prime pinball is kinda fun to play around with.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-12-31, 6:11 AM #17
8.8 for GC and Super Mario 64 DS for DS (duh).

8.8 is Twilight Princess obv.
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

↑ Up to the top!