Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Saddam is dead.
Saddam is dead.
2006-12-29, 7:16 PM #1
According to 3 Arabian news sources.

U.S. forces are on high alert for a back-lash.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-12-29, 7:17 PM #2
*in a period of civil war*

what a way to upset the uneasy peace even further in Iraq
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2006-12-29, 7:23 PM #3
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/12/29/hussein/index.html

woot!
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-12-29, 7:24 PM #4
It's about time.

someone is bound to post the execution video on youtube sooner or later, for the morbid people among us.
2006-12-29, 7:26 PM #5
So many famous people dying lately, many people grieving for those deaths...

but this one is different :O.
Back again
2006-12-29, 7:36 PM #6
James Brown's funk struck out as a final blow... bringing down the rigidity of dictatorship forever.
2006-12-29, 7:42 PM #7
A backlash? From who? The Iraqi people, whether they like the US or not, sure didn't like Saddam. We just demand that they refrain from killing each other. Saddam chopped off limbs for jaywalking.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-12-29, 7:59 PM #8
If only he had a Wii, he would have never needed to do such things.

Hmm... I wonder if the Wii will ever get a torture simulator.
2006-12-29, 8:07 PM #9
Originally posted by Isuwen:
A backlash? From who? The Iraqi people, whether they like the US or not, sure didn't like Saddam. We just demand that they refrain from killing each other. Saddam chopped off limbs for jaywalking.

There are factions of Iraqis who have threatened violent reactions to the execution of Saddam.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-12-29, 8:25 PM #10
Wow, when I left for New Jersey it was scheduled within 30 days. Now its already done - the new year is looking brighter already.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-12-29, 8:49 PM #11
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:
Wow, when I left for New Jersey it was scheduled within 30 days. Now its already done - the new year is looking brighter already.

Yeah, great way to kick off 2007.
2006-12-29, 8:53 PM #12
And now he's a martyr to the extremists.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-12-29, 9:10 PM #13
will his death actually change anything?

are people gonna stop violence or make any progress just because a guy in custody for god knows how long is finally dead?
2006-12-29, 9:29 PM #14
Originally posted by Elana14:
*in a period of civil war*

what a way to upset the uneasy peace even further in Iraq

yeah, you're right. they should have just let him go, to show them that we're afraid of them and that they can walk all over us. :rolleyes:
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-12-29, 10:06 PM #15
Although I think he deserved to die for what he did in the past, I think we have no right to march into a country, detain their leader, put him on trial, and execute him. :rolleyes:
2006-12-29, 10:09 PM #16
according to what moral code do you make that claim?

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-12-29, 10:11 PM #17
Does it matter? It's just how I feel about the situation. For the record I am done in this thread as what I said will probably just serve as flame-bait for a lot of you :rolleyes:
2006-12-29, 10:35 PM #18
This'll solve alot.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-12-29, 10:39 PM #19
Originally posted by Isuwen:

Except maybe the Sunni's, who had power under him. After he was deposed, they lost all power, and will use his execution as justification for more violence against both Shiites and Americans.

It's foolish and ignorant to clump all Iraqi's together as "The Iraqi People", there are three very distinct groups of people in Iraq, that will all react very differently to everything that happens there.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-12-29, 10:41 PM #20
Originally posted by finity5:
Although I think he deserved to die for what he did in the past, I think we have no right to march into a country, detain their leader, put him on trial, and execute him. :rolleyes:

The US may have captured him, but he wasn't tried or executed by the US.
Pissed Off?
2006-12-29, 11:37 PM #21
I care. So much.

Now you have to go to Iran. In fact, you should have gone there in the first place.

In the scale of Desert Wars, that would have ranked higher.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-12-29, 11:40 PM #22
Oh jesus another degenerate flamewar.
2006-12-29, 11:43 PM #23
It's not a flamewat yet.
Pissed Off?
2006-12-29, 11:52 PM #24
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
Oh jesus another degenerate flamewar.

Oh jesus, another degenerate post.
2006-12-29, 11:53 PM #25
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:
Please explain how state-sanctioned murder makes our world better.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-12-30, 12:02 AM #26
Here we go.
Pissed Off?
2006-12-30, 12:28 AM #27
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Please explain how state-sanctioned murder makes our world better.

If it were possible, I would; but I can't, as state-sanctioned murder does not exist.
2006-12-30, 12:47 AM #28
Indeed. I believe the phrase you're looking for, freelancer, is "state-sanctioned execution."

"murder" is killing that is not sanctioned. "execution" is killing that is sanctioned.

If you're going to argue, at least make sure you're using the right words to describe what you're arguing against.

2006-12-30, 12:58 AM #29
Im taking bets on how long this thread lasts.

12:1 on more then a week
2:1 on closed by monday.

Care to wager?
[Oh in case anyone cares (you don't) i think that it would have been better to have him rot in some UN jail somewhere whether then become a martyr]
2c
2006-12-30, 1:00 AM #30
I won't miss the *******, but it would be nice if we could get over the whole killilng-people-we-don't-need-to-kill thing.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-12-30, 1:01 AM #31
Aye.
2006-12-30, 1:06 AM #32
Who said anything about him becoming a martyr? To do that, someone has to be respected and admired. Our late buddy Saddam was almost universally despised throughout the middle east-- many people there (Not just the US and the new Iraqi Govt) have wanted him gone for a long time.

Also, just because Saddam was executed by the state doesn't make it murder. He had a legitimate trial and was found guilty and the recommended penalty was execution. As far as the method of execution goes, there are a lot worse ways to go than by hanging.
2006-12-30, 1:23 AM #33
Originally posted by Avenger:
The US may have captured him, but he wasn't tried or executed by the US.

Not officially, no, but the US certainly had a hand in it.

Bye Saddam!
2006-12-30, 1:32 AM #34
Sure, the US supported the Iraqi government in what they did, but it would have been far better for US interests for him to be kept alive in a prison somewhere in the US.
Pissed Off?
2006-12-30, 1:40 AM #35
Originally posted by Avenger:
Sure, the US supported the Iraqi government in what they did, but it would have been far better for US interests for him to be kept alive in a prison somewhere in the US.

Explain how it benefits us to drain taxpayer money keeping him alive?
2006-12-30, 2:22 AM #36
Wasn't he tried and executed in Iraq?

I'm not sure about him, but in almost all cases it's more expensive to put someone on death row than it is to keep them alive the rest of their life. Paying for a lawyer and other legal fees for the appeals process is very expensive.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-12-30, 2:44 AM #37
high profile cases are always cheaper because they get done faster.
Saddam would have been on death row for YEARS in the US and he would have appealed an infinite amount of times until he finally died, thats why it would cost alot.

The Iraq courts are smart because they allowed only one appeal and set a deadline to kill him. Cheap
2006-12-30, 6:07 AM #38
I'm disappointed that he was executed, and i'm even more disappointed in anyone who gains pleasure from somebody's execution.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-12-30, 6:17 AM #39
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
Who said anything about him becoming a martyr? To do that, someone has to be respected and admired. Our late buddy Saddam was almost universally despised throughout the middle east-- many people there (Not just the US and the new Iraqi Govt) have wanted him gone for a long time.

Also, just because Saddam was executed by the state doesn't make it murder. He had a legitimate trial and was found guilty and the recommended penalty was execution. As far as the method of execution goes, there are a lot worse ways to go than by hanging.

Saddam represented power to the Sunnis. The power they lost. Now they're angry.
--Garrison Keillor
2006-12-30, 6:44 AM #40
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:

Fairly liberal use of the word 'legitimate' is required there. The trial was an absolute joke.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935

↑ Up to the top!