Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Drabble contest three voting thread
Drabble contest three voting thread
2006-12-30, 8:32 AM #1
We got a whopping two entries.

The First
Quote:
I don't remember what happened after that, but when I woke up… I don't remember what happened after that, but when I woke up… I don't remember what happened after that, but when I woke up… I don't remember what happened after that, but when I woke up... I don't remember what happened after that, but when I woke up... I don't remember what happened after that, but when I woke up... I don't remember what happened after that, but when I woke up... I don't remember what happened after that, but when I woke up... I don't remember what happened after that, but when I woke up... I hit my head.

The Second
Quote:
One fine September day I was sweeping my back garden when I noticed something shiny on the ground. Closer inspection revealed it to be a silver throwing star. At that point, I knew it had to be ninja, but ninja aren't often so careless. Looking up, I felt the crunch of wood on skull and collapsed before a black clad, rake-wielding figure who proceeded to steal everything unsecured about the area. I don't remember what happened after that but when I woke up, my trousers were gone. However, my garden was the clearest the BBC had ever seen – Alan Titchmarsh would have been proud. Thank you, Garden Ninja... wherever you are.

Voting closes at the end of the year.
2006-12-30, 8:51 AM #2
Upon first reading I thought #1 was lame, but then I got it. Brilliant!
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2006-12-30, 10:57 AM #3
I only read the first one but I voted for #2.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-12-30, 10:59 AM #4
Originally posted by Steven:
We got a whopping two entries.

Originally posted by tofu:
Because the other two were so successful.

These are both terrible and I refuse to vote.
2006-12-30, 5:47 PM #5
I didn't put in an entry, but I intend to for the next contest...
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-12-30, 7:39 PM #6
I was way too drunk on Friday and forgot to submit an entry. >_> At least I'm being honest...
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2006-12-30, 7:51 PM #7
I didn't like the topic.

I like Number 2.
2006-12-30, 8:01 PM #8
Number one for me. They're both interesting, but the first one is clever.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-12-30, 10:47 PM #9
Haha, the first one is pretty clever. I approve.

I'd also like to point out that the second one violates the rules. In the rules, I believe the phrase we had to use was "I don't remember what happened after that, but when I woke up..." WITH the ellipses.

Not without. Therefore, #1 should win by default.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-12-31, 12:02 AM #10
Um, how about no? Ellipses are only grammatically correct if used to omit part of a quotation. I realize the second drabble misuses an ellipsis in the last sentence, but at least it only happens once and not thirty times. Besides, the whole point of the ellipsis Steven used is to indicate where the drabbler inserts his own material.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-12-31, 7:19 AM #11
Yeah, you hear that happydud? How about NO.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-12-31, 9:21 AM #12
It was seventeen, not thirty.

O:-)
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-12-31, 10:04 AM #13
Drabble Contest 3: The Day The Ellipses Went Bad
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2007-01-01, 5:34 PM #14
KAKNABBIT! Someone stole the lead by one vote.

</3 whoever you are.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-01-01, 5:36 PM #15
Is their an option for "both mained and killed"?
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2007-01-02, 11:21 AM #16
Anthony wins by one vote.

Ok Tony, now you get to make the next drabble thread, and choose the theme, if you so desire. I'm about done with these.
2007-01-03, 1:27 AM #17
I'll participate next time!
2007-01-03, 1:33 AM #18
as will I.

I just took one off.. I was on vacation from Drabble writing. :)
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-01-03, 4:02 AM #19
I'd ask how you knew my name, but it's probably incredibly obvious.

Anyway, I'll get a thread up in a few days.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2007-01-03, 5:52 AM #20
Who wrote the first one?
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2007-01-03, 9:07 AM #21
His real name is Dudley.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-01-03, 10:09 AM #22
I am an unacknowledged genius in my line of drabble-writing work. :(
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-01-03, 11:16 AM #23
I know your last name, too, sonny.

↑ Up to the top!