Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → It's my party, I'll cry if I want to
It's my party, I'll cry if I want to
2007-01-01, 6:30 PM #1
Today was my birthday - another step toward assuring that I'm one of the greybeards here at Massassi at a ripe old 38.

I got some pretty cool stuff today (probably better than Christmas).

A friend got me Season 2 of The Office
My wife and family got me Season 4 of Stargate SG-1, Spongebob shorts (to sleep in) from my 4 yr old daughter, $100 from mom, and a $25 gift card to Hastings (an entertainment store like Blockbuster).

I'm thinking with the cash and card, I'll probably get Call of Duty 2, a few Star Wars books (the Dark Nest series), and maybe Season 1 of Stargate SG-1. But that's if I can justify buying DVDs have have full-frontal nekkid women in it to my wife. :-P
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-01-01, 6:45 PM #2
Originally posted by Chewbubba:
I'm thinking with the cash and card, I'll probably get Call of Duty 2, a few Star Wars books (the Dark Nest series), and maybe Season 1 of Stargate SG-1. But that's if I can justify buying DVDs have have full-frontal nekkid women in it to my wife. :-P

Yay, Showtime :P
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2007-01-01, 6:59 PM #3
It was one scene from one episode. It didn't even last that long.

Okay. Thinking about it, there were three or four scenes. BUT COME ON.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-01-01, 7:30 PM #4
i thought it was just for about a minute in the pilot.

hey, if she likes it, you can go dogging.
2007-01-01, 8:25 PM #5
Season 4? My mom just got season 9 for Christmas, we now have the complete set. :) Happy Birthday.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2007-01-01, 8:28 PM #6
Originally posted by Chewbubba:
Today was my birthday - another step toward assuring that I'm one of the greybeards here at Massassi at a ripe old 38.

I got some pretty cool stuff today (probably better than Christmas).

A friend got me Season 2 of The Office
My wife and family got me Season 4 of Stargate SG-1, Spongebob shorts (to sleep in) from my 4 yr old daughter, $100 from mom, and a $25 gift card to Hastings (an entertainment store like Blockbuster).

SG-1 has nudity?! Atlantis is PG.
2007-01-01, 8:46 PM #7
In the pilot which aired on Showtime. It was the only episode.
2007-01-01, 8:57 PM #8
Call of Duty 2 is the greatest PC game ever invented.
2007-01-01, 9:15 PM #9
I got too board to finish it. And I have finished the SP in every other game I have ever bought.
2007-01-01, 11:29 PM #10
Happy B-Day, Dude! :D
Pissed Off?
2007-01-02, 12:19 AM #11
Call of Duty 2 is pretty fun, and it's apparent why someone with the name Axis would think it was the greatest game ever... invented? But it's not ;)

I would actually recommend playing it though, it's r'ly fun!
2007-01-02, 8:37 AM #12
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
SG-1 has nudity?! Atlantis is PG.
\

Yeah, this when SG-1 was on a cable, when SC-FI bought the rights to it and put it into syndication they edited the nudity out of the first episode and I think Jack even swore in a few episodes, they edited that out too and made a few other editing changes so that is was better fora wider audiance.
The Gas Station
2007-01-02, 8:59 AM #13
I love how shows will have sex scenes and intense violence before they'll swear. :rolleyes:
2007-01-02, 2:45 PM #14
I bought it anyway. :-)
2007-01-02, 4:08 PM #15
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
I love how shows will have sex scenes and intense violence before they'll swear. :rolleyes:

Um, not in the US, the swearing and sex are swapped. Over here sex is the "almighty evil". Nipplegate? :rolleyes:
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2007-01-02, 4:25 PM #16
I've seen shows where they don't swear but they do have at sex scenes.

↑ Up to the top!