Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Wal-Mart sells Nazi t-shirts
Wal-Mart sells Nazi t-shirts
2007-01-04, 2:19 PM #41
I think it's just put there to sound old school, to go with the old school skull. 1978 is an old school year.
:master::master::master:
2007-01-05, 4:51 AM #42
A lot of people simply wear stuff they think looks good, regardless of any symbolism. I personally try to make sure that whatever I wear is free of anything associated with neo-nazism or racism in general, since I've seen what happens if you don't. Not too long ago, a 15-year old girl in my town got beaten up by a bunch of guys simply for walking into a pub wearing a shirt with a big '88' print on it. Since H is the 8th letter of the alphabet, this '88' print is used as an alternative for the infamous phrase 'Heil Hitler'.

I don't think a good-looking shirt warrants getting your *** kicked, really.
2007-01-05, 4:54 AM #43
Damn you Dutchmen are nuts.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-01-05, 3:13 PM #44
I second Jessica's post. If you're interested,
Originally posted by Jessica:
Regarding the significance of the year 1978 - I can almost guarantee to you that it has no meaning. I work in the apparel art industry and we are asked on a daily basis to create artwork that feels “vintage” and “distressed”. I can’t tell you how many times I have slapped a random number on a tee-shirt design to make it feel more “authentic”.

I would say there is a 1% chance that the artist actually knew what they were representing. My guess is they used Google image search to find a skull that looked different from the 57 other skulls they were asked to create that week, and then put “Since 1978″ on the bottom because that’s the year they were born and thought it would be funny to make a personal reference.
幻術
2007-01-05, 4:29 PM #45
Originally posted by Koobie:
I second Jessica's post. If you're interested,

Yeah, that was definitely interesting/informative stuff
2007-01-07, 1:01 AM #46
I don't know guys, Wal-Mart mistakingly selling Nazi T-Shirts is bad but I was more alarmed (and very disappointed) to read about the racist version of the Olsen Twins.
What if everything that exists is fragmentary, incomplete, aborted, events with ends but no beginnings with us constantly making categories, seeking out, and reconstructing, until we think we can see total love, betrayal and defeat, although in reality we are all no more than haphazard fractions. The mind, for its own self-preservation, finds and integrates scattered fragments. Using religion and philosophy as the cement, we perpetualy collect and assemble all the garbage comprised by statistics in order to make sense out of things, to make everything respond in one unified voice like a bell chiming to our glory. But it's only soup. The mathematical order of the universe is our answer to the pyramids of chaos. - Stanislaw Lem
2007-01-07, 5:52 AM #47
Racism is funny. Where is your sense of humor?
2007-01-07, 9:27 AM #48
Originally posted by Echoman:
Unless I missed it somewhere, what does the "since 1978" mean?

One anonymous poster in the blogs said that 1978 signifies the year that WalMart started its own clothing line under a private label. I'm not certain of the accuracy of that.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On

↑ Up to the top!