Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Elebits
Elebits
2007-01-03, 10:43 AM #1
Just in case anyone was thinking about purchasing this game but wasn't really sure if it was any good or not, buy it. I bought this game yesterday because of the praise IGN gave it. I took it home and I've been playing it non-stop. The game is simple, yet addicting.

The game consists of capturing these things called elebits. The green and red (and later other color) elebits will increase your wattage. You find elebits by turning on sinks, opening cabnits, searching under beds, etc. If you can see it, you can interact with it. After you collect enough elebits you will be able to power certain electric objects in the house or open doors to reach new areas. Coffee maker, computer, lamps, etc... When you power up these electrical objects dark pink and yellow elebits shoot out of them. Collect these elebits to increase the ammount of weight your light gun can lift. At the begging of a level you will be lucky if you can lift a basketball and by the end of some levels you'll have no problem moving an entire house out of your way. Some levels require you to be quiet about collecting elebits. Smashing objects into walls and throwing things onto floors will make too much noise and end the level. Other levels require you to capture elebits without breaking any dishes or furniture.

The levels start off small. You play the first 6 or so levels in your house. In the living room, the kitchen, or a bedroom. Later in the game the levels get massive. One level is your entire neighborhood, another is an amusements park. Every now and then a boss level is thrown in where you have to capture a large element type elebit. One of the bosses messes up the gravity for 4 or 5 levels and everything in the entire city is floating around you.

There are also power ups in the game. One power up lets you lock on to as many elebits as you can find and capture them all at once. Another acts as a vacuum and sends everything in the level into a spinning vortex of AWESOME! There are also power ups that allows you to lift heavier objects, cancel out the noise in a room, and there is also elebit radar.

Each level also consists of three rare pink elebits. Each one of these you capture lets you play the level in a new way. For each pink elebit you capture a new way to play that level is unlocked. If you capture all three elebits you can play in Normal Mode, Score Attack mode, Eternal Mission mode (You can play the level as long as you want without a time limit), and Challenge Mission mode.

The game also utilizes WiiConnect24. You can go into edit mode and create your own levels. After you beat a level it becomes an empty shell that you can edit. You can place elebits and objects wherever you like to create a level of your own. I've had a lot of fun myself creating massive dominoes with objects in the game. After you create your levels you can send them to anyone on your friends list using WiiConnect24. You can also take a screenshot at any moment in the single or multiplayer game. Just pause the game and hit 'take screenshot.' You can also send these shots to people on your friends list.

Multiplayer is a thing of beauty. You can play up to four players. One player controls the camera with the nunchuck, while all four players battle it out to collect the most elebits in one level. This becomes hectic very quick, even with just two players.

The game has over 20 types of elebits, 30 levels, great multiplayer, and tons more to do after you beat the game. Out of the six Wii games that I own, I think Elebits was the best purchase. Do yourself a favor and buy this game.
Think while it's still legal.
2007-01-03, 10:49 AM #2
Why do you have to be quiet finding them?
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-01-03, 10:53 AM #3
Only in a few levels. I forget why you have to be quiet, but it changes up the gameplay for a few levels. I think out of the 19 levels I've completed so far, I've only had to be quiet in one or two. For the most part you can make as much noise as you want and you can smash as much stuff as you want.
2007-01-03, 11:36 AM #4
Is there a whole lot of trial and error? Like, if you don't do something exactly right the level ends and you have to start over?
2007-01-03, 12:10 PM #5
Not really. A few levels have cannons shooting at you and if you get hit so many times you lose, but there are shield power ups that protect you. I've only had to do two levels over. Level 20 I had to do over because I got shot too many times and level 19 I had to do over because I made way too much noise. Nothing really needs to get done exact in order to beat the levels. You pick up elebits where you can find them and you power on whatever electrical objects you need. Some levels have heavy objects blocking the way and so you are forced to get more yellow and pink elebits so you can move those objects. The time limits are more than fair, you usually beat a level with 2 or 3 minutes to spare and then you can spend the rest of the time in the level collecting more elebits just for a higher score or you can end the level at the moment that you collect enough elebits.

The only requirement in all of the levels is that you need to collect 'X' amount of elebits in 'X' amount of time. Obstacles such as cannons, black elebits with spikes on them, noise, and breaking objects are tossed in a few levels to make levels more interesting/hard.
2007-01-03, 12:12 PM #6
stop talking about it. it makes me want one.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2007-01-03, 12:17 PM #7
This is why the level editor is so much fun.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hszOo99xL7w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZB-P0WAAME&NR
2007-01-03, 12:43 PM #8
I hate time limits :(
2007-01-03, 12:45 PM #9
Also, I have been playing New Super Mario Brothers on my DS. I beat it a long time ago, now I'm going through and getting the 3 big coins in each level. The time limits didn't bother me much at first, but now they really suck because it's hard to find the big coins in a lot of the levels. So I end up spending 3 or 4 lives because I ran out of time, but once I find the coin, it's easy to get within the time limit. So the time limits are pointless anyway! It just means I have to go back to some easy level and get a bunch of lives.
2007-01-03, 1:06 PM #10
Yeah, that's why it's good to try and find the pink elebits (which are next to impossible to find all three. I've only gotten all three on one level.) Playing the levels over without a time limit is very fun. But so far the time limit hasn't been a problem. Most levels give me plenty of free time to beat them.

↑ Up to the top!