Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → PVK II (sic)
PVK II (sic)
2007-01-03, 11:02 AM #1
Pirates, Vikings, and Knights.

http://www.pvkii.com/

Beta I of this splendiforously crazy mod is out. Currently only one class per team is available. It is however pretty balanced, which doesn't prevent me from getting my pirate *** kicked.

For those of you who never played the HL mod PVK, I really suggest you play this. PLAY IT.

It's good, the levels are AMAZING AMOUNTS OF FUN. The temple map is especially crazy.
2007-01-03, 11:54 AM #2
Where are the ninjas?
Sorry for the lousy German
2007-01-03, 11:56 AM #3
Ninjas suck.

o.0
2007-01-03, 12:01 PM #4
I remember the original being one of my favorite mods for Half Life. Too bad I don't have HL2, or I would play that.
:master::master::master:
2007-01-03, 12:09 PM #5
It's pretty close to original PVK, aside from only having once class each right now.

It's definately still just as intense and ACTION-PACKED.
2007-01-03, 12:50 PM #6
Hahahha, I've been playing pirate, and I didn't realize until now SWORD FIGHTING IS AWESOME.

It plays a little like Oblivion. Only that ******* longsword owns your face no matter what. :(
2007-01-03, 1:11 PM #7
!!!

I love how so many of my favorite HL mods are being reborn.
2007-01-03, 1:17 PM #8
It looks like it will have even more classes than the original, in later releases.
:master::master::master:
2007-01-03, 1:37 PM #9
Hahahha, this mod is easily TWICE as crazy as it's HL counterpart.

They need to add more crazy physics, like flying across the room after dying and such.
2007-01-03, 2:01 PM #10
Other than Knights being totally imbalanced, it's really fun.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-01-03, 2:18 PM #11
This looks pretty fun, however:

1. This weapon is a voulge, not a halberd (which is not a slow chopping weapon, but would probably be much more fun), and

2. the concertina was not invented until 1844, long after the classic era of pirates.

Yes I know, I'm anal.

But they do get extra points for not putting horns on the viking helmets!
I'm just a little boy.
2007-01-03, 3:40 PM #12
Originally posted by Rob:
Hahahha, this mod is easily TWICE as crazy as it's HL counterpart.

They need to add more crazy physics, like flying across the room after dying and such.

Please don't. My computer already runs slow enough when a keg explodes.
2007-01-03, 4:13 PM #13
Originally posted by Flirbnic:
This looks pretty fun, however:

1. This weapon is a voulge, not a halberd (which is not a slow chopping weapon, but would probably be much more fun), and

2. the concertina was not invented until 1844, long after the classic era of pirates.

Because this mod is all about historical accuracy :P
2007-01-03, 4:21 PM #14
Great fun
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2007-01-03, 4:32 PM #15
VALHALLA

ggggg
2007-01-03, 5:12 PM #16
There's one thing that I think of every time I play this, and that's Manowar.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-01-04, 8:22 PM #17
Meh, this is way more FUN.

I love the pirate's special ability. It's difficult to use, but once mastered TOTALLY OWNSAUCE.
2007-01-04, 8:25 PM #18
This is awesome. I use these names when I play.

Viking: Thorgrove Nutblaster

Pirate: Bluebeard Nutstalker

Knight: Sir Nuttington the Brave
Think while it's still legal.
2007-01-04, 8:26 PM #19
I just use Arrrg!

I never liked playing anything other than pirate in the original.
2007-01-04, 8:51 PM #20
The knight special is pretty good, but I managed to glitch it so you don't spin and just thrust outwords doing insane amounts of damage to everything in front of you and sending things flying.

The viking's at the moment are too underpowered, I think, compared to the others.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-01-04, 9:29 PM #21
Are you kidding. :(

Vikings own sauce.

What makes them suck is that this class has no SUPER SPLASH damage move or a ranged attack.
2007-01-04, 9:49 PM #22
I love the vikings, in fact I never play any of the other classes unless there's a team imbalance. Sometimes I still manage to own as a viking.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-01-04, 9:56 PM #23
That get free health thing is what kills me.

I pound on a dude till he's almost dead and I'm almost dead, then he goes WHAAAAAAG and kicks my ******* into next week.
2007-01-04, 9:57 PM #24
Then they die :(

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-01-04, 10:14 PM #25
Not always.
2007-01-04, 11:37 PM #26
The only thing I've experienced thus far with the mod that annoys me are the kamikaze pirates. Many of them just run around and spam their kegs all the time, it just gets kind of annoying. It'd be better if there was a downside to kegging, like if it would give you TKs if friendlys were near-by, but they don't seem to effect their teammates.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2007-01-05, 12:44 AM #27
Knights are sorta overpowered.

Pirates can't block tier 2 weapon hits.

Kegs are all we have.

There is this one AWESOME map that is like king of the hill, only there it's a guard tower with one ladder. TOTALLY AWESOME. It just turns into a giant mess of bodies and stuff. OH, and sword fighting in this game is TOTALLY SIMPLE but also TOTALLY AWESOME, and it's really easy to pick up and cool to watch. Like there was this dueling knight and a viking, and I used the pirates special super stab and killed one, then the other ganked me in the face.

AWESOME BEANS.
2007-01-05, 6:12 AM #28
Yeah, I loved the first PVK and was sad how it never really took off big in the community. I had so many laughs with it. It was funny as hell seeing a big knight swinging away at this pirate captain who just released a parrot, and then this Viking go beserck on both of them.

The second seems to have the markings of the first! I can't wait till they add more classes...but I'm having lots of fun with this already
2007-01-05, 1:46 PM #29
I kind of wish the knights wouldn't almost always win.

It was hard to get your team to use teamwork in the orginal, and this is no different.

Atleast even though you lose in this game you still have a blast.
2007-01-05, 3:29 PM #30
Ugh, the teams are almost never balanced. Auto-balancing should be a required setting for every server.
2007-01-05, 11:00 PM #31
This is awesome, but yeah, the knights are way over powered. I love playing as a Viking, but on maps like that king of the hill one, the lack of a ranged weapon (knights have arrows, pirates have pistols and kegs) really puts them at a huge disadvantage. I wish they'd at least give the Vikings throwing axes like in the original (I know, beta), or even spears.
2007-01-05, 11:02 PM #32
That knight class won't always have the crossbow. You're right though, the vikings should have something comparable.

So they're doing S&I2, PVK II, now all we need is a RATII. <3
2007-01-06, 8:43 AM #33
Originally posted by Rob:
That knight class won't always have the crossbow. You're right though, the vikings should have something comparable.

So they're doing S&I2, PVK II, now all we need is a RATII. <span style="font-size:150%;color:red;">♥</span>

Next class in development for the Vikings has throwing axes, and another class that they haven't made yet has a bow.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."

↑ Up to the top!