Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Scientology.
Scientology.
2007-01-04, 7:05 PM #81
Quote:
I really hope you at least know that you aren't one of the "cool kids" for disliking religion. Like it or not, religion is the wellspring for human civilization and it's something you're going to have to learn to respect on those merits (at least). Or just quit participating in this kind of discussion. Please. "I hate all religions" is an infantile thing to say.

That was a joke based on your previous comment... note the smiley.

I don't hate religion. I just dislike the way that people take it at face value without questioning it.

Quote:
They beat you, they spit on you, they take your family away from you and they ruin your life.

Is there actually any evidence for any of this? Either way, I'd rather have a terrible life than no life at all. At least I could try to escape from it.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2007-01-04, 7:11 PM #82
Originally posted by TheJkWhoSaysNi:
Is there actually any evidence for any of this? Either way, I'd rather have a terrible life than no life at all. At least I could try to escape from it.
It is Official Scientologist policy.

Quote:
PENALTIES FOR LOWER CONDITIONS
[...]
Enemy: SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed.
[...]
by L. Ron Hubbard

The use of the term 'Fair game' has since been retracted, but the penalties for being an enemy of Scientology are still in effect.

More information in the site I linked to.

Edit:

Quote:
In Wollersheim v. Church of Scientology of California (the "mother church" of the Churches of Scientology at the time the suit was filed), the California Appeal Court ruled, in a decision upheld by the US Supreme Court: "Wollersheim was compelled to abandon his wife and his family through the policy of disconnect. When his mental illness reached such a level he actively planned his suicide, he was forbidden to seek professional help. Finally, when Wollersheim was able to leave the Church, it subjected him to financial ruin through its policy of 'fair game'." (JCA-147, pp.A-7, 15 & 16). At appeal, Scientology asserted that "fair game" was a "core practice of Scientology", and therefore protected as "religious expression". This position was also made on behalf of Scientology in the case against Gerald Armstrong, in 1984, by religious expert Dr. Frank Flinn (JCA-45).
2007-01-04, 7:17 PM #83
Read this: http://www.xenu.net/roland-intro.html
2007-01-04, 8:20 PM #84
Originally posted by TheJkWhoSaysNi:
I don't hate religion. I just dislike the way that people take it at face value without questioning it.

There are people who take Christian beliefs way too seriously, and they're loons, but I really doubt most people believe the Bible is an accurate history of the world.
Pissed Off?
2007-01-04, 8:39 PM #85
The Bible isn't an accurate history of the world?
2007-01-05, 4:48 AM #86
Originally posted by Avenger:
There are people who take Christian beliefs way too seriously, and they're loons, but I really doubt most people believe the Bible is an accurate history of the world.

OMG, of course it's true! The Earth is 6000 years old because my calculator said so! :psyduck:
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2007-01-05, 6:55 AM #87
You must have a creepy calculator. What else does it tell you?
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2007-01-05, 8:44 AM #88
mine will only tell me "boobs" or "boobies"
2007-01-05, 10:43 AM #89
Really? Mine tells me "igloo".

Perhaps it's of Finnish construction?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-01-05, 10:48 AM #90
I like Duo's calculator batter! :D
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!