Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → New Woot; Tablet PC
New Woot; Tablet PC
2007-01-04, 10:29 PM #1
http://www.woot.com/

I remember someone being INSANELY interested in them, and I am too. Although, I really don't know that much about them they seem to be pretty cool. Seems like the perfect between a PDA but not as cumbersome as carrying a laptop everywhere type device. The battery life on that thing blows, though.

It'd be a cool toy, a nifty gimmick, and something to do on the road.. but I seriously can't justify throwing that much money at something like that.

Now if it were like ~$250, I'd be all over it like a fat kid in an un-locked pantry.
2007-01-04, 10:34 PM #2
I saw that too. Normally the comments let you know if an item is a good buy or not. Too pricey for me. :saddowns:
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2007-01-04, 10:36 PM #3
The only comments I pay attention to on woot are pricing comments.

I look around the internet before I do anything on woot though.
2007-01-05, 7:33 PM #4
Quote:
Take A Tablet And Email Me In The Morning
She opens the pantry to start making dinner. "No tomato paste? I could've sworn we had tomato paste. I can't make meat loaf without tomato paste." A theatrical sigh for her husband's benefit, a jingle of the keys - "I guess I have to run to the supermarket." From his settled roost near the TV, he barely manages a grunt of acknowledgement. He certainly doesn't bother to get up and look, to see that there are three cans of tomato paste there next to the Triscuits. She knows he won't.

Out to the minivan. She starts the ignition with an eager, trembling hand. The van wheels away in the general direction of the grocery store. But once out of sight of the house, it turns off into a parking lot tucked behind a sleeping office building. The headlights are barely off and already she's reaching into her purse. It fills her hand with its bulk and her heart with anticipation: the OQO UMPC Model 01+ Ulra Portable PC.

A hasty look around for phantom passersby - no, nobody, of course not, who would be walking around in the dark out here? Frantic with pleasure, she slides out the miniature QWERTY keyboard, fumbles with the digital pen. She's lost in a fog of mobile tablet computing, wandering blissfully through the 30GB hard drive, coasting through the air on the built-in 802.11b wireless capability, blinded by the brilliant 800x480 LCD touchscreen. Audio, video, email, bluetooth: she has it all. She has everything. The mundane world around her melts away. She is the universe.

Then, the crash. The battery dies. The light goes out. Can it really have been three hours already? She falls back down to her cold, uncomfortable life. Windshield wipers. Insurance premiums. Tomato paste? She doesn't know what she'll tell her husband.

.... What. The. ****.

... They make their product sound like a sex toy, and that woman sound like she's having an affair with it.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2007-01-05, 7:38 PM #5
Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
.... What. The. ****.

... They make their product sound like a sex toy, and that woman sound like she's having an affair with it.

lol, never read a woot description before? :P
woot!
2007-01-05, 8:07 PM #6
Originally posted by JLee:
lol, never read a woot description before? :P

Wait... so that's TYPICAL for their site?

.... That's just downright creepy and disturbing....
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2007-01-05, 8:12 PM #7

Either you have a stick in your ***, or you have no sense of humor. Combination of both?
2007-01-05, 8:39 PM #8
Chill, Rob, good lord.
2007-01-05, 8:53 PM #9
lol, massassi
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-01-05, 9:44 PM #10
Originally posted by Rob:

Either you have a stick in your ***, or you have no sense of humor. Combination of both?

Oh I see the humor, and yeah, it is funny. In a very creepy, twisted, bizarre, and ultimately disturbing kinda way. Which is really usually right up my alley. I just... wasn't quite expecting it from a website like that. Especially not for a product description.
Last Stand
2007-01-06, 4:48 AM #11
in other news, they have a slick looking mouse up now.. and i got one. it was quite cheaper than any other place i found it on.
Current Maps | Newest Map
2007-01-06, 5:01 AM #12
Not nearly as cool as my laser mouse, though.
2007-01-06, 10:55 AM #13
It looks nice. I recently purchased a Logitech MX518 and I love it.
2007-01-06, 1:33 PM #14
Originally posted by MentatMM:
It looks nice. I recently purchased a Logitech MX518 and I love it.

Yeah, I love mine too. I've been using MS Intellimouse Explorer's for like five or six years, this is the first mouse that could pull me away.

Rob, if you want a cheap tablet, check out older Fujitsu Stylistic models on ebay (such as the 3500 R). They're decent enough for things like web browsing, and pretty cheap. They cost a fortune in their day, and were only sold to like hospitals and stuff, but now they go pretty cheap on ebay.
2007-01-06, 1:37 PM #15
I also have a MX518. It's insanely comfortable compared to normal mice. Wouldn't trade it for the world (except maybe for a better logitech :D )

↑ Up to the top!