Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What's the verdict on "King Arthur"?
What's the verdict on "King Arthur"?
2004-07-11, 2:05 PM #1
Good? Bad? I heard from a lot of people that it was predictable and mediocre?
2004-07-11, 2:09 PM #2
That is EXACTLY what is it.

I predicted about 80% of the entire film. It was pretty good fights, but the plot was nowhere! Kiera Knightly ruined it IMO. She just sucked in the film really bad.

------------------
I made a thread, that turned into the debate, so I made a second thread, that turned into a debate, then I made a third thread, that caught on fire, burned down, got flamed, crapped on, bashed, then turned into a debate...but the fourth one, the fourth one stayed on topic!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-11, 2:29 PM #3
It was an okay movie, some good fight scenes, mediocre dialogue and acting.

Plus it didn't folow the old King Aruther tale, it did some different story. It said some bull**** about it in the beginning, I don't care! I want the orginal story!

------------------
Kill Your Idols!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-07-11, 2:48 PM #4
Mediocre's a pretty good word for describing it. I say it had good special effects and passable acting, but the plot was pretty average, and I agree they would have been better off sticking to the Athur legend. I wish Morgan la Fey was in it. Merlin and Guinevere's roles were totally wrong.

However, at least they were more accurate than other Arthur movies in terms of the time frame. The Dark Ages is spot on, as opposed to about 1500, which is way off key.

All in all, I'd reccomend it as summer blockbusters go, but not for a good plot or historical continuity, if that's what after

------------------
~ Vader's Corner ~
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2004-07-11, 2:51 PM #5
I was hoping Knightly was Morgaine, and not Gwen, she had the whole Brit/heathen bit. Her outfit in the fight on the other hand...

------------------
<S51> Give a man a sandwich and you'll feed him for an hour, teach him to make a sandwich and he'll get pissed, hit you and tell you to make him another sandwich.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-07-11, 4:24 PM #6
C'mon Massassi, [Apparently saying something as innocent as that can be taken wrong by you pervs.] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

[This message has been edited by Zell (edited July 12, 2004).]
DO NOT WANT.
2004-07-11, 4:40 PM #7
If you went to the movie expecting a classic King Arthur story and you were disappointed, that's your fault. Not only has the director and movie critics said it doesn't follow the books, but it even said in the previews that it is a different version of King Arthur. The "true" story.

------------------
Kieran: The reason I put a link to it is because she is in underwear and I know the admins are touchy on that.
Yecti: Jaiph will touch himself for hours if he so much as smells a woman's underwear
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-07-11, 5:32 PM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zell:
C'mon Massassi, get over Knightly! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]</font>

Sure, 1 leg at a time...

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-07-11, 6:03 PM #9
I'll wait until the R-Rated version is released on DVD before I watch it.

------------------
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here this is the War Room.
http://darkestspiral.greentinted.com

"I have no clue why people trust statistics like that. 99% of the time they are made up." - Raoul Duke
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2004-07-11, 6:05 PM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
Kiera Knightly ruined it IMO. She just sucked in the film really bad.

</font>

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-11, 6:15 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zell:
C'mon Massassi, get over Knightly! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]</font>

nah i prefer woman on top [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-07-11, 8:05 PM #12
King Arthur = boo

------------------
You have to look at the big picture. We (as a country) spend more tax money dealing with MS blunders than we do on the software itself. And guess who MS's largest customer is? You guessed it, the government! - Brian
My Personal Site | Remnant Temple Part A | A work in progress
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-07-11, 9:55 PM #13
It all seemed very rushed to me. The love story especially. The love story seemed really weird to me. He saves her > They kind of argue > they have sex > they get married. Did I miss somethere there?

I thought the acting was good though. The actors did a good job, considering what they had to work with.

------------------
Because you're as bored as I am
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-07-11, 10:32 PM #14
nudity?

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
2004-07-12, 5:13 AM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
nudity?

</font>

Don't mind if I do!

::strips::

------------------
Frightening the very small and very old since 1952.
Frightening the very small and very old since 1952.
2004-07-12, 5:15 AM #16
yes wer want nakeds
2004-07-12, 5:17 AM #17
Well that was... arousing. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]
2004-07-12, 2:27 PM #18
Then the reviewers are right that the movie was mundane.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">It all seemed very rushed to me. The love story especially. The love story seemed really weird to me. He saves her > They kind of argue > they have sex > they get married. Did I miss somethere there?</font>

From just watching the trailer, I'm that surprised. When the trailer mentioned something about love or something, it showed a quick clip of Keira kissing some guy passionately on a bed.
2004-07-12, 2:51 PM #19
i ask again... nudity?

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
2004-07-12, 3:16 PM #20
nudity

\Nu"di*ty\, n.; pl. Nudities. [Cf. F. nudit['e] .] 1. The quality or state of being nude; nakedness.

2. That which is nude or naked; naked part; undraped or unclothed portion; esp. (Fine Arts), the human figure represented unclothed; any representation of nakedness; -- chiefly used in the plural and in a bad sense.

There are no such licenses permitted in poetry any more than in painting, to design and color obscene nudities. --Dryden.

------------------
"This thread is still alive? Someone should kill it."
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!

↑ Up to the top!