Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Push-ups
Push-ups
2004-07-12, 10:05 AM #1
Enlighten me with everything you know (only people who actually know stuff). Also, what are the dangers of diamond (or triangle) push-ups?
"When it's time for this planet to die, you'll understand that you know absolutely nothing." — Bugenhagen
2004-07-12, 10:15 AM #2
Uhh...
You had to be able to do 25 to be a US Paratrooper in 1944 [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2004-07-12, 10:16 AM #3
Anyone with any respectable strength can do 25.

------------------
Kieran: The reason I put a link to it is because she is in underwear and I know the admins are touchy on that.
Yecti: Jaiph will touch himself for hours if he so much as smells a woman's underwear
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-07-12, 10:18 AM #4
Argh. I mean actual information, not pointless facts. Like, how to do, how many, when, why, where? What do they exercise? Different kinds, and what are the dangers of diamond push-ups?

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif]

*dies*

[This message has been edited by Master Tonberry (edited July 12, 2004).]
"When it's time for this planet to die, you'll understand that you know absolutely nothing." — Bugenhagen
2004-07-12, 10:19 AM #5
Do as many pushups as fast as you can until your arms literally collapse underneath you. Then wait for 15 minutes and be amazed at how weak your arms become.

------------------
Kieran: The reason I put a link to it is because she is in underwear and I know the admins are touchy on that.
Yecti: Jaiph will touch himself for hours if he so much as smells a woman's underwear
2004-07-12, 10:20 AM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
Anyone with any respectable strength can do 25.

</font>

I think he means diamond pushups.

------------------
~ Vader's Corner ~
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2004-07-12, 10:31 AM #7
it's weird, it seems the more pushups i usta do, the more limp my arm got (aka, lost it's strength to punch someone)

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-07-12, 10:33 AM #8
That's not weird. That's normal. At least temporarily.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited July 12, 2004).]
2004-07-12, 10:38 AM #9
Quote:
That's not weird. That's normal. At least temporarily.</font>

Not normal if it's not temporary.
2004-07-12, 10:39 AM #10
Quote:
That's not weird. That's normal. At least temporarily.

</font>

Yeah, he's right; it's called fatigue.

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by SG1_129 (edited July 12, 2004).]
2004-07-12, 11:40 AM #11
Well, I'd bother up typing some facts like I do everytime, but then someone who thinks he knows everything will contradict me and put up his own flawed advice that'll get you injured. So if you want to know about pushups? Google for info, or ask a competent doctor (if there's any of those left).

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-12, 11:53 AM #12
Bitter about something Flexor?

------------------
2004-07-12, 12:00 PM #13
Quote:
Do as many pushups as fast as you can until your arms literally collapse underneath you. Then wait for 15 minutes and be amazed at how weak your arms become.

</font>

I know. That is true after any heavy workout.
After squatting a few sets with heavy weight I can barely stand on my feet. Once my legs buckled out beneath me, however i was fine again the next day. (by fine, i mean I could walk, but it was sore as hell)

------------------
The University of North Carolina has finally found a network server that, although missing for four years, hasn't missed a packet in all that time. Try as they might, university administrators couldn't find the server. Working with Novell Inc., IT workers tracked it down by meticulously following cable until they literally ran into a wall. The server had been mistakenly sealed behind drywall by maintenance workers.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited July 12, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited July 12, 2004).]
2004-07-12, 3:05 PM #14
The first few times, when I first started squatting it felt really wierd going down stairs, with difficulty standing and all.

As for push ups, I'm curious about what diamond push-ups are, I'll google it. Sorry I can't provide more info.

One handed ones look cool, but I doubt there is any benefit.

------------------
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2004-07-12, 3:12 PM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flexor:
Well, I'd bother up typing some facts like I do everytime, but then someone who thinks he knows everything will contradict me and put up his own flawed advice that'll get you injured. So if you want to know about pushups? Google for info, or ask a competent doctor (if there's any of those left).

</font>

[beinganass]I disagree completely![/beinganass]

------------------
[insert various humourous anecdotes here]
2004-07-12, 3:45 PM #16
How to do them properly: her e

What muscles they work: Pecs, deltoids, triceps.

Different kinds (common): regular, clap, wide warm, diamond (triangle), elevated feet

How many to do: not a question anyone can answer properly unless you post detailed information about your training history, health status, goals.

C'mon Flex, next time you should post to save me from doing so.

[This message has been edited by -Run (edited July 12, 2004).]
Run: forgetting passwords and stuffing up profiles on a regular basis.
2004-07-12, 3:52 PM #17
As far as I know, there is no danger associated with triangle push ups. They just work a different part of the chest.

Push ups work the chest, back, shoulders and arms and will tone those muscles. The position of your hands and body will change target differnt areas of the chest.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!