Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → For Sale: Sealand
For Sale: Sealand
2007-01-12, 1:43 PM #1
$500 Million

Apparently The Pirate Bay is accepting donations for a purchase.

I didn't realize it was so easy to become a micronation, I have a new goal in life.

This thread does not support piracy and does not represent the opinions of the original poster on the subject matter.
2007-01-12, 1:46 PM #2
This century there should be a Pirate Party revolution instead of some lame Bolshevik thingies. And everywhere, of course.

:ninja:

As for that, I guess it could be kinda neat to have a micronation, but they're not really serious in the end :|
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-01-12, 1:55 PM #3
i bet its all imports
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-01-12, 3:09 PM #4
The donations are a scam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealand
Quote:
"Sealand's claims to sovereignty and legitimacy are not recognised by any country..."
"Court rulings in the United States and Germany have found that Sealand has no legal status, indicating that the area is part of the internationally recognized maritime territory of the United Kingdom, and that its supposed territory, HM Fort Roughs, has never ceased to be property of the UK Ministry of Defence."

Basically, it's not a soverign country if no other country recognizes it as such. Therefore, when they start up their servers, Britain will come in to shut them down.

Sealand will go "We're a soverign country! You're invading us!"
Britain will go "No we aren't. Shut up."
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-01-12, 3:30 PM #5
Sealand is ****ing awesome.
2007-01-12, 4:04 PM #6
Originally posted by happydud:
Basically, it's not a soverign country if no other country recognizes it as such. Therefore, when they start up their servers, Britain will come in to shut them down.

Sealand will go "We're a soverign country! You're invading us!"
Britain will go "No we aren't. Shut up."

Yes, but to complicate things, the British has said things along the lines that "Sealand" is not under their authority. So, if it's not under British authority, what is it?
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-01-12, 4:08 PM #7
Buy it, And then join the UN and NATO just to harrass them into invading,
2007-01-12, 4:11 PM #8
Greenland is Ice
Iceland is Green
Sealand is...Sea...they RUINED the trend...it should be

LAND LAND!
2007-01-12, 4:52 PM #9
Originally posted by Roach:
Yes, but to complicate things, the British has said things along the lines that "Sealand" is not under their authority. So, if it's not under British authority, what is it?

Basically yes.
2007-01-12, 6:06 PM #10
Wow. This thread was very confusing until I realized we were talking about Sealand, and not SeaWorld.

↑ Up to the top!