Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Selling my iAudio T2
Selling my iAudio T2
2007-01-12, 4:20 PM #1
You may remember this thread where I went nuts over the iAudio T2. I got it, and it's fantastic, with one exception. The Vorbis support is dodgy. It doesn't work with all files, and it doesn't read tags from them well. Other than that, it's damn fantastic. It may be fixed is a future firmware release, but I'm not going to wait around for that to happen.

So I got the iAudio 6 instead, which I'm satisfied with. Rather than be assed with going through the RMA process, I was wondering if anyone around here wanted it. It sells new for $125 shipped, I figure $120 shipped is reasonable. Everything is included with it, and it's running the latest firmware.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-01-12, 4:53 PM #2
Why would I buy a used one when for five more dollars I could get a new one?
2007-01-12, 5:02 PM #3
So you can help me out? :saddowns:
2007-01-12, 5:03 PM #4
Originally posted by tofu:
Why would I buy a used one when for five more dollars I could get a new one?

America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2007-01-12, 5:04 PM #5
Originally posted by Emon:
So you can help me out? :saddowns:

And it's a flash player. There's nothing in it that could just die, like a hard drive. If you left it in a box and came back 5,000 years later, it would probably still work. At least, if they still have USB so you can charge it 5,000 years from now.
2007-01-12, 5:17 PM #6
That's not the point, it's not new. It's been used. You, as a nerd, should know there's a huge difference in opening up the box of a new product rather than an already opened one.
2007-01-12, 5:19 PM #7
No, I see no huge difference. I'd also like it if you not crap on my thread.
2007-01-12, 5:54 PM #8
It's not crapping, he's stating a valid point. I wouldn't touch it when I could get a new one for $5 more.
2007-01-12, 6:08 PM #9
It's stating the obvious. I'm trying here in the hopes that someone who's not a complete prick might like to help me out.
2007-01-12, 6:13 PM #10
it borders on crapping... i'd be tempted if i didn't have already have a flash player i'm satisfied with

and the price difference between used and new... $5 can easily be a whole week of lunches at work for me
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2007-01-12, 6:27 PM #11
Stop threadcrapping guys.

Like I said, I'll consider it next paycheck, but we'll have to see.
D E A T H
2007-01-12, 7:02 PM #12
Well, now that you have that out of your system, maybe the topic can get back to "who is interested in buying his player."
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-01-12, 7:23 PM #13
Meh, this isn't a classified site, it's a forum. If you want to put stuff up for sale, the moderators don't have a problem with that, but geez, you have to expect some opinions on your product and pricing, right?
2007-01-12, 8:09 PM #14
Yeah, maybe, but not the repeated stating of the obvious. I know it's only $5 cheaper. I was just hoping someone would be willing to help me out.
2007-01-12, 8:12 PM #15
Is that a good gadget? And are those American dollars?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-01-12, 8:14 PM #16
American dollars, and yes, I think it's a fantastic gadget. I wouldn't have even looked up the iAudio 6 (my current player) if the Vorbis support was more complete.

Nicest thing is how small it is. It's thicker than the iPod Nano, but has a smaller footprint. It's 15% smaller by volume (I actually calculated that :P). And it's about half the weight. And has features the Nano doesn't, like an FM tuner, better codec support, and comes in a sleek black instead of trendwhore white.
2007-01-12, 8:20 PM #17
What kind of battery life does it get, and is this one of those shuffle deals where you just see the track listing?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-01-12, 8:28 PM #18
What is a vorbis?
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2007-01-12, 8:29 PM #19
You could read the product page. :P

Battery life is 10-12 hours, which is pretty good for something so small. It's not a shuffle deal, although you could put it in shuffle mode if you wanted.
2007-01-13, 3:29 AM #20
Originally posted by Emon:
And it's a flash player. There's nothing in it that could just die, like a hard drive.

That's not really true.

Flash memory has a limited number of read/write cycles. It does wear out.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2007-01-13, 6:50 AM #21
I don't know if it's the same RMA process I went through, but I bought a defective iAudio X5 and one email was all it took to get an RMA # and a brand new unit within 2 weeks. If you want a refund it'll probably require providing a little more information on your part but I don't think it's such a big deal.

And, I don't think anyone will want it unless it's a good 15-20 bucks cheaper than retail price.l
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2007-01-13, 11:23 AM #22
Originally posted by TheJkWhoSaysNi:
That's not really true.

To hit the read/write limit you would have to own it for very long time.
2007-01-14, 10:48 PM #23
Originally posted by Fardreamer:
And, I don't think anyone will want it unless it's a good 15-20 bucks cheaper than retail price.

Probably, but I figured I would try.

Originally posted by TheJkWhoSaysNi:

I said sitting in a box, not being used. But tofu's right, it would take a long time. Sandisk's new 32 GB notebook drive has a 2 million hour MTBF. That's 228 years. :eek:

↑ Up to the top!