Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → It was bound to happen...
It was bound to happen...
2004-07-12, 12:49 PM #1
As of this morning, 11:10 Georgia time, My computer is officially gone. It has a corrupted/missing/gone system file. It's dead, and I contact you from a POS computer. No more games, no more fun. So I'm not gonna be on mIRC anymore under usamablackbelt. Sigh.....so sad.

------------------
Why Did the Chicken Cross The Road?

>>The Bible's Answer:
And God came down from the heavens, and He said unto the chicken, "Thou shalt cross the road." And the chicken crossed the road, and there was much rejoicing.
I need a signature SO amazing, and SO funny, that when you read it, you say, "Hey, that's pretty funny."
2004-07-12, 12:52 PM #2
Big deal? Format and reinstall..

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!
----@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-07-12, 1:35 PM #3
If you're using winxp, go back to last known good copy.

------------------
Ω of 14
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2004-07-12, 3:21 PM #4
You don't understand. I can't. It won't even load. It does the whole opening thing, but it never reaches any window that even mentions the word "Windows," except the error screen. I can't just reformat, i don't know how and I dont have the original start-up/setup disk.

------------------
Why Did the Chicken Cross The Road?

>>The Bible's Answer:
And God came down from the heavens, and He said unto the chicken, "Thou shalt cross the road." And the chicken crossed the road, and there was much rejoicing.
I need a signature SO amazing, and SO funny, that when you read it, you say, "Hey, that's pretty funny."
2004-07-12, 3:43 PM #5
So get a new hard drive and install Windows. The rest of the hardware should be fine

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-07-12, 3:45 PM #6
You could probably have someone format and reinstall for next to nothing, or you might even be able to find a buddy who will do it for you for free (or for a beer or too). With Windows rock-hard stability, most users have learned how to reformat and reinstall everything.

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.
2004-07-12, 5:05 PM #7
You know the POS computer you're on? You could try ripping out your other drive and slaving it to the POS master. If it works, you could at least same some data.

I dunno... would that work in his case?

------------------
Put me in the hospital for nerves and then they had to commit me,
You told them all I was crazy,
They cut off my legs now I'm an amputee, God damn you.
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand

↑ Up to the top!