Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Lets play JK - I'm hosting the game right now, and tommorow.
Lets play JK - I'm hosting the game right now, and tommorow.
2004-07-11, 2:22 PM #1
July 11th Jedi Knight Games

1st GAME SCORES

SAJN_Master - 244
Freelancer - 156
Kroenem - 21
Martin_W - 16
Daft_Vader - 11
imsoshort - 6

2nd GAME SCORES

SAJN_Master - 100
Martin_W - 66
Da_Roosta - 41
Chaz Ghostle - 0
imsoshort - -9

July 12th 2004 Jedi Knight Games

12:00pm - 2:00pm EST SCORES

SAJN_Master - 83
NjmroD NTS - 63
MentalMM - 52
insoshort - 37
hello dave - 21

2:00pm - 4:00pm EST SCORES

SAJN_Master - 113
Monoxide - 82
Martin_W - 69
Da_Roosta - 48
Chaz Ghostle - 46
Debilitate - 46
NjmroD NTS - 24
Daft_Vader - 9
hello dave - -13
imsoshort - -19

10:00pm - 12:00am EST

ROUND 1 (10:00pm - 10:40pm)

Monoxide - 42
SAJN_Master - 18
Drizzt_FR - 2
Da_Roosta - 0
Daft_Vader - 1
Debilitate - N/A
Chaz Ghostle - N/A

ROUND 2 (10:40pm - 11:20pm)

Monoxide - 18
SAJN_Master - 12
Drizzt_FR - 16
Da_Roosta - 8
Daft_Vader - N/A
Debilitate - 3
Chaz Ghostle - N/A

ROUND 3 (11:20pm - 12:00am)

Monoxide - 25
SAJN_Master - 14
Drizzt_FR - N/A
Da_Roosta - N/A
Daft_Vader - N/A
Debilitate - 29
Chaz Ghostle - 10

------------------
I made a thread, that turned into the debate, so I made a second thread, that turned into a debate, then I made a third thread, that caught on fire, burned down, got flamed, crapped on, bashed, then turned into a debate...but the fourth one, the fourth one stayed on topic!

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited July 12, 2004).]
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-11, 2:33 PM #2
JK bump.

>.>
<.<

------------------
I made a thread, that turned into the debate, so I made a second thread, that turned into a debate, then I made a third thread, that caught on fire, burned down, got flamed, crapped on, bashed, then turned into a debate...but the fourth one, the fourth one stayed on topic!
2004-07-11, 2:35 PM #3
I'm in. Should be there in a few minutes.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-07-11, 3:21 PM #4
w00t, we just had 5 players

Freelancer
Krok
Me
Daft_Vader
imsoshort.

------------------
2004-07-11, 3:26 PM #5
I can't get JK to connect. Router doesn't want to relinquish the ports.

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-07-11, 3:41 PM #6
Why is my ping so high???!! I had @ 1,000 ping, which is insain considering I have a satellite conncetion and I generally download files at a rate of 150 kbs. I had this same problem with AvP2. THis is crazy, the game's 7 years old, and I was running on 640x480 rez, so what on earth would do that?

The weird thing is, I read everyone else's ping as being really high as well, when it wasn't/ I read SAJN's as being 860 when it was really 160. What's with? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif] Is it a virus, or something to do with the fact I have routers?

------------------
~ Vader's Corner ~
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2004-07-11, 3:46 PM #7
Oh great, just great!

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
High ping times (1000 ms or more) are normal for satellite connections.
</font>

------------------
~ Vader's Corner ~
2004-07-11, 4:00 PM #8
cmon guys keep em coming!!!

------------------
2004-07-11, 4:20 PM #9
i might be in there soon.

------------------
Obviously the guy with a jedi named "Nutsac" has no desire to play his role as jedi the way they are portrayed in the books and movies
2004-07-11, 4:22 PM #10
still open?

------------------
Saberopus: omfq musical genuis j00 >mozart
Thrawn42689: Mozart = n00b
2004-07-11, 4:23 PM #11
Thanks SAJN, that was fun, even though my ping was through the roof. I just wish I could actually play a competent match. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
~ Vader's Corner ~
2004-07-11, 4:31 PM #12
Yeah, it's up for another hour or until you all leave! so come in

------------------
2004-07-11, 4:32 PM #13
I'll be in once I download the stuff. Hopefully I'm not too late.

Is this the same morpheus level that's on Massassi? http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/216.shtml

------------------
Because you're as bored as I am
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-07-11, 4:38 PM #14
hmm... i'm in

------------------
yay for not posting much ever
2004-07-11, 4:55 PM #15
Comin in asap

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought out "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought our "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."
2004-07-11, 4:58 PM #16
OH GOD NO! JK CRASHED!!!! REJOIN EVERYONE!! NOOOO! I HAD 250 points! Did anyone remember the scores?!?!? I wanted to take a screenshot at the end [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] then jk crashed on me. NOO!

------------------

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited July 11, 2004).]
2004-07-11, 4:59 PM #17
no king of pole for you!

------------------
2004-07-11, 5:00 PM #18
We had a total of 9 people show up tonight! w00t! (or 10-11 [http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif] not exactly sure.)

------------------
2004-07-11, 5:04 PM #19
Well, it was a fun game, I had 156, you had 244 or something, everyone else was less than 20, becasue they joined later. I took a screenie but it decided to be like 8 colors and the scores are unreadable.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-07-11, 5:39 PM #20
weee that was fun

------------------
2004-07-11, 5:40 PM #21
Woo, that was fun. I might be interested in hosting a JO or JA game some time for the Massassians.

Thanks again, SAJN_Master
------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought out "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."

[This message has been edited by Da_Roosta (edited July 11, 2004).]
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought our "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."
2004-07-11, 5:44 PM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Daft_Vader:
Why is my ping so high???!! I had @ 1,000 ping, which is insain considering I have a satellite conncetion and I generally download files at a rate of 150 kbs.
</font>

Yeah I heard that satellite connections aren't supposed to be the best for online gaming, because their are lapses in the connection that you cant see elsewhere, so gaming could suffer, but downloads would be just fine.

------------------
ZGPC
2004-07-11, 5:45 PM #23
I couldn't hit anything, then the game crashed. How about a less buggy mod/level next time?

Still, I had fun while I was in.

------------------
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
2004-07-11, 5:48 PM #24
1st game ENDS

SAJN_Master - 244
Freelancer - 156
Kroenem - 21
Martin_W - 16
Daft_Vader - 11
imsoshort - 6

2nd game ENDS

SAJN_Master - 100
Martin_W - 66
Da_Roosta - 41
Chaz Ghostle - 0
imsoshort - -9

In the first game, people joined at all different times. In game 2 we all joined at the same time give or take 1 or 2 points. Chaz had connection problems. I feel like I am missing a name...Hmmm...meh.

------------------

2004-07-11, 6:10 PM #25
July 12th 2004 Jedi Knight Games

12:00pm - 2:00pm EST

http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/1730.shtml <-- Instagib (Mod)

http://www.thelimelite.net/lev/MorpheUT.zip <-- Morpheous UT (Level)

2:00pm - 4:00pm EST

No Mod

http://massassi.net/levels/files/135.shtml <-- Atlantis (Level)

10:00pm - 12:00am EST

http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/2897.shtml <-- Fatal Resistance Beta 9.7 (Level and Mod)

IP adress: 68.9.99.153

------------------

2004-07-11, 6:24 PM #26
I feel like I'm reading TV listings. Don't forget to eat. o.O

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Blown away by the force of the word, woken up by the sound of the siren. It's genocide.
2004-07-11, 6:26 PM #27
I'll be there... you guys are goin' down!

------------------
Member of the Minnessassian Council
2004-07-12, 12:02 AM #28
I'll see if I can join in, but I can't get my head around the time conversions...

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-07-12, 5:43 AM #29
GAME ONE OF JK HAS STARTED 20 MINS EARLY, JOIN IN!!!

http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/1730.shtml <-- Instagib (Mod)

http://www.thelimelite.net/lev/MorpheUT.zip <-- Morpheous UT (Level)

------------------
2004-07-12, 6:23 AM #30
BUMP

------------------
2004-07-12, 6:39 AM #31
Hey SAJN, just got back from running camp, gonna take a shower soon, but afterwards I'll try another game. Hey, just curious - do you think my lag will clear up or at least improve if I host a game? Not trying to compete or anything, I'd just like to be able to actually play! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
~ Vader's Corner ~
2004-07-12, 7:09 AM #32
GG. Sorry about the ping, I'm on a 26400 connection. Maybe one day I'll be able to get broadband and play again with you folks. Things sure have changed in JK, I can remember a day when 300-500 ping was considered average. It must be tons more fun when you're actually able to shoot at a player instead of predicting their shadow.

------------------
www.MentatMM.com (status = down :/)
Napalm Death Squad (status = alpha)
2004-07-12, 7:27 AM #33
[Game ended, scores below]

------------------

2004-07-12, 8:30 AM #34
[edit]

------------------

2004-07-12, 8:35 AM #35
i'm in...

------------------
2004-07-12, 8:49 AM #36
Atlantis is a great level. Joining now.

------------------
- Vash the Stampede
2004-07-12, 9:05 AM #37
we have 10 people in game RIGHT NOW.

------------------
2004-07-12, 10:03 AM #38
weee fun stuff

------------------
2004-07-12, 10:05 AM #39
That game ROCKED!

Final Scores for Atlantis:

SAJN_Master - 113
Monoxide - 82
Martin_W - 69
Da_Roosta - 48
Chaz Ghostle - 46
Debilitate - 46
NjmroD NTS - 24 (Kicked for saber hacks)
Daft_Vader - 9
hello dave - -13
imsoshort - -19

------------------
2004-07-12, 10:07 AM #40
I had the best kill-death ratio
------------------
Member of the Minnessassian Council

[This message has been edited by -Monoxide- (edited July 12, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by -Monoxide- (edited July 12, 2004).]

↑ Up to the top!