Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Any Baduk players here??
Any Baduk players here??
2007-01-15, 4:04 PM #1
Hello, I play Baduk or Go and right now I'm looking for a good internet server with a lot of pros ( 5k and up). I have tried the KGS server, but couldn't find that many pros. Can anyone recommend me some good Baduk servers?

And yes I can use google but I am asking for recommendations here.
Back again
2007-01-16, 10:22 AM #2
What.
2007-01-16, 10:24 AM #3
I don't play Go but I like to say I do.
2007-01-16, 10:40 AM #4
I heard about Baduk the other day.. but I don't know how to play myself, sorry.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-01-16, 10:43 AM #5
Im sure you know how to "Play Yourself" don't you?
2007-01-16, 12:13 PM #6
I play with myself all the time.
2007-01-16, 1:52 PM #7
I saw the movie Go.

Does that count?
D E A T H
2007-01-16, 4:19 PM #8
Originally posted by Jon`C:
I don't play Go but I like to say I do.

Haha yeah, me too. I played it a bit but never got good at it.

Also, what's up with the Warlockmish thread crapping? His threads are usually far more substantial than a typical TE thread. He's just a little young and enthusiastic is all.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-01-16, 11:04 PM #9
I used to play quite seriously. Most of my opponents were from a local Go club I found. We had quite a number of members ranging from between 20k to about 3k-ish. We had a few regulars who were pushing 1dan, and every once in a while we would get a 3dan in for a mini-seminar. I also know that at least around here, if you want lots of good players (>5k) and were willing to put up with more than a little hostility and probably loose a bit of money, there were quite a few Korean go parlors located in the more Korean parts of the city (Chicago).

I strongly recommend you visit the AGA and look up any chapters near where you live, you might be suppressed by the skill of players you will find playing at your local go club.

As for internet go, I can hardly believe you are having problems locating opponents on KGS. Last time I was on (which was unfortunately about a year and a half ago) I saw lots of players of virtually all ranks. You can also try you luck at IGS, but I often find that IGS players, while more skilled, are also significantly more hostile to English-speaking players.

Also, if I may ask, how long have you been playing? 5K is a pretty good rank, and I find it somewhat surprising that someone could reach that rank without regular opponents of similar skill levels.
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”

↑ Up to the top!