Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → ...did anyone just see 24??
...did anyone just see 24??
2007-01-15, 7:57 PM #1
...holy ****.........

why?!!!?!
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-01-15, 8:04 PM #2
Oh no! Did someone get kidnapped? Did someone betray someone? Oh my God, did the show stray from the norm!? That would be surprizing!
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-01-15, 8:08 PM #3
its season 2 on a much smaller scale. or season 4. you know, whatever. i guess there are only so many different kinds of attacks terrorists can do.
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2007-01-15, 8:22 PM #4
My girlfriend made me watch The Devil Wears Prada last night and the Golden Globes tonight. What happened?
>>untie shoes
2007-01-15, 8:37 PM #5
Holy ****.

Jack shot Curtis and a nuclear bomb went off in Los Angeles.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-01-15, 8:45 PM #6
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Oh no! Did someone get kidnapped? Did someone betray someone? Oh my God, did the show stray from the norm!? That would be surprizing!

Actually, yeah, this is much better than any episode I've ever seen.

Jack killed Curtis to save a known terrorist; nuke goes off in LA. A little bit different from the norm. :rolleyes:
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-01-15, 8:47 PM #7
You mean a gigantic threat to the world (US) WASN'T saved in time!? Wow. That IS exciting.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-01-15, 8:49 PM #8
You mean a gigantic threat to the world (US) WASN'T saved in time!? Wow. That IS exciting.

I'm struggling to understand the point of all this sarcasm.
2007-01-15, 8:52 PM #9
It's a HORRIBLE show. And yes, I've given it a chance. Lots of chances. All of my friends are obsessed with it.

It's basically the same thing as usual. You people like Stargate, RvB, and 24. I can't stand any of those shows. The acting is crap, the storylines are insanely repetative, the "twists" are expected, or just stupid, and "New and exciting" cinematic approaches are sickeningly disorienting and remind me of new art-crazes of "breaking all the rules."
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-01-15, 8:54 PM #10
So other people like something for subjective reasons that you hate for subjective reasons, and this bothers you.

Fair enough.

Back on topic: Holy ****.
2007-01-15, 8:59 PM #11
Kirbs, I'm not asking you to like the show. This thread is to discuss the first episodes of the season.
2007-01-15, 9:09 PM #12
Sorry, I just can't imagine the show having a difficult time confusing fans. Suddenly, a terrorist DOESN'T get interogated into stopping the bomb threat, and everyone's up in arms :-P
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-01-15, 9:16 PM #13
Holy freaking crap! Like the norm!? NO WAY.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2007-01-15, 9:27 PM #14
Sorry, I just can't imagine the show having a difficult time confusing fans. Suddenly, a terrorist DOESN'T get interogated into stopping the bomb threat, and everyone's up in arms :-P

If you have to preface your writing with "sorry," you should keep it to yourself.
2007-01-15, 9:28 PM #15
Wow. Rude much?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-01-15, 9:29 PM #16
Threadcrapping is rude. Asking people to refrain isn't.
2007-01-15, 9:30 PM #17
Want a hug? Maybe I'll give your beloved show a hug? Seriously, don't take it so personally.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-01-15, 9:31 PM #18
Want to stop?
2007-01-15, 9:34 PM #19
-------------

Resume topic here:
2007-01-15, 9:59 PM #20
Wow! That was, by far, the most intense start to a season, ever.

Jack having to shoot Curtis and his reaction to it was outstanding. And actually having the nuke go off in addition to all the suicide bombers takes the show to a whole new level.
Pissed Off?
2007-01-15, 11:28 PM #21
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
So other people like something for subjective reasons that you hate for subjective reasons, and this bothers you.

In particular, he gets annoyed when shows he likes are "threatened" by superior ones. Deep down he knows how good they are, but won't admit it because he wants to believe what he likes is so much better.

Psychology of Teenage Emotion 101.

By the way, Kirbs, ever notice how real life is so repetitive? Plane hijackings, suicide bombers, they don't come up with new plans every time. Terrorists stick to what works. Despite that, the writers have managed to do something completely different every season. Maybe you should stop looking for something that isn't there.

But anyway, that episode really did take things far. In the past they've let people die, but not like that.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-01-15, 11:33 PM #22
24 is a great show. There is no room to debate this fact.

Now to get the thread back on target: I'm extremely pumped for the next episode. Four more suitcase nukes, I wonder if they'll stop them in time.

Jack Bauer is my hero.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2007-01-15, 11:35 PM #23
It would have been interesting if they had introduced a new character to replace Jack this season. (Having Bauer sent to China at the end of last season was the perfect excuse to do something like this, that's what I was expecting. Unfortunately the writers wasted this good opportunity) I mean, how many times can the same guy save the country?
2007-01-15, 11:41 PM #24
I disagree. If they replaced Jack, I'd probably stop watching the show. I don't care if it's the most unrealistic thing that's ever been done (having Jack save the day constantly), the show just wouldn't be the same without him. That's like doing Alias without Jennifer Garner, or a Back to the Future movie without Micheal J Fox.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2007-01-16, 12:00 AM #25
Originally posted by Darth J:
I disagree. If they replaced Jack, I'd probably stop watching the show. I don't care if it's the most unrealistic thing that's ever been done (having Jack save the day constantly), the show just wouldn't be the same without him. That's like doing Alias without Jennifer Garner, or a Back to the Future movie without Micheal J Fox.

Even something like bringing Bauer back halfway into the season because they need him for something would be plausable ( instead of some stupid reason like bringing him back to hand over to the terrorist guy to be killed )
2007-01-16, 12:08 AM #26
24 is a day with Jack Bauer. Not having Jack would kill the show.
Pissed Off?
2007-01-16, 2:37 AM #27
Just like a classic Clancy novel w/o Jack Ryan!

[to brad]The font is really large in this reply box, it's throwing me off like wil' buck'n bronc'
2007-01-16, 3:25 AM #28
Awww I shouldnt have read the spoilers... :argh:

Now I really cant wait for the new season to start over here!
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2007-01-16, 3:40 AM #29
Originally posted by saberopus:
Just like a classic Clancy novel w/o Jack Ryan!

Red Storm Rising was pretty good...
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-01-16, 4:17 AM #30
In some what related news, my Amazon Gold Box has a set of 24 seasons 1-5 for $125 as opposed to $330. I don't know if everybody's is the same, but I'm just going to throw that out.
2007-01-16, 4:38 AM #31
Was there awesome nuke explosion footage?
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-01-16, 5:39 AM #32
Yeah, I saw the episode a week or so ago, I was impressed.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2007-01-16, 7:04 AM #33
The new season is awesome, and definitely a LOT more intense than the old ones. There's been a lot of new stuff as well.

Quite shibby.
D E A T H
2007-01-16, 8:41 AM #34
A very enjoyable 4 hours with 24 this weekend, indeed.
2007-01-16, 9:10 AM #35
kiefer must die. LIVE ON DONALD! OUTSHINE YOUR HIDEOUS OFFSPRING!
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2007-01-16, 2:02 PM #36
It's a HORRIBLE show. And yes, I've given it a chance. Lots of chances. All of my friends are obsessed with it.

It's basically the same thing as usual. You people like Stargate, RvB, and 24. I can't stand any of those shows. The acting is crap, the storylines are insanely repetative, the "twists" are expected, or just stupid, and "New and exciting" cinematic approaches are sickeningly disorienting and remind me of new art-crazes of "breaking all the rules."

Come on now... Don't be hating on Red vs Blue. It's glory is IN the fact that it's EXACTLY like that and pokes fun at itself for it.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand

↑ Up to the top!