Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Keyboard question
Keyboard question
2007-01-16, 10:18 PM #1
Something went wierd with my keyboard. Maybe soemthing got underneath the key. Anyway, everytime I press Shift, it mutes/unmutes the sound.

Is there a way to find out exactly what key does what? I assume the mute/unmute is a keyboard shortcut so is there some way to edit keyboard shortcuts for XP (so I can disable it)?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-01-16, 10:23 PM #2
What keyboard do you have?

It's probably a function of the keyboard, and the keyboard probably acts as a gamepad so it can specialize the input. At least that's how my saitek works.
D E A T H
2007-01-16, 10:23 PM #3
I have a hammer here that could fix that keyboard right up.
2007-01-16, 10:53 PM #4
Well, its a standard 102 (or 101) keyboard from Dell, connected not by USB. It doesn't have any additional keys for entertainment purposes.

It seems when I use a program like Active Keys (http://www.softarium.com/activekeys/), it shows that this Shift key not only does what Shift should do but also handles "Volume Mute." Is there a keyboard shortcut in XP that handles muting?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-01-16, 10:57 PM #5
I don't think so. Sounds like a problem i had with my keyboard's function key, but mine's a laptop. Do regular keyboards come with 'Fn' keys?
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2007-01-16, 11:00 PM #6
I have alot of F'n keys on my keyboard.
2007-01-17, 6:12 AM #7
I get it.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus

↑ Up to the top!