Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Podcasts
Podcasts
2007-01-17, 4:54 AM #1
I was wondering if any of you are still into podcasts what particular podcasts you all listen to. I was thinking maybe we could each post a list and even links (if the podcast falls within the category of something we should link to here, not NSFW)

I'd post my list now but I have to get ready for class, my university is back in session starting today. So I'll post my list a bit later on.
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2007-01-17, 5:25 AM #2
Extra Life Radio - Excellent all around nerd podcast, has me laughing my *** off in public places.
Taverncast - Without a doubt, the best WoW podcast, the podcast I find the funniest of all I listen too, MUST LISTEN TO for WoW players
Wait, Wait, Don't tell me - Traditional Radio show done by NPR, also very funny
This Week in Tech - Quintessential Tech Podcast
Diggnation - Polar opposite of TWiT, two guys get trashed and talk about tech, always keeps me laughing
Meet the Press - Without a doubt, the best political discussion show there is. The last bastion of somewhat classy political debate
Washington Week in Review - Another good political discussion podcast
Real Time with Bill Maher - Funny political Discussion show, can get pretty vulgar at times, definately M-Rated (Currently on Hiatus, coming back in Feb.)
Buzz OUt Loud - Short, daily, slightly funny Tech News podcast, keeps me informed of the latest tech stuff
PC Gamer Podcast - Discussion about any and all gaming news, though from the PC Gamer's perspective. Kind of funny, this is one I don't listen to much.

Occasionally Listen to:
Jawbone Radio
The Instance - (Hosted by ELR guys, WoW news and discussion)
Infendo Radio - (Hosted by ELR guys, Nintendo news and discussion)
DL.TV - Hosted by Ex-Tech-TV guys, Patrick Norton, Robert Haron, I like this one, but don't have much time to watch it

I have alot of time to listen to stuff walking to / from classes, eating food, between classes, etc. So I'm a pretty big fan of Podcasts, as you can tell.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-01-17, 10:39 AM #3
Just like Fishstickz I listen to:
This Week in Tech, Diggnation, Buzz Out Loud, PC Gamer Podcast, and DL.tv
and
Cranky Geeks: A tach news panel show, both informative and entertaining
Daily Giz Wiz: Gadgets and Mad Magazine's maddest writer, great combo
MacBreak Weekly: Even though I am not a Mac user, a throughly entertaining podcast about tech news specifically dealing with Macs
net@night: a show recorded live via Talkshoe, with an audience, about trends and fads on the internet at large
Penn Radio Podcast: Penn Jillette of Penn and Teller hosts a daily radio talk show, its hilarious, and the first one I want to listen to each day
Security Now!:Computer security, 'nuff said.
Silent Universe: a sci-fi "radio" drama, fun to listen to.
The Onion Radio News: the Onion does radio news, short funny fake news
They Might Be Giants Podcast: One of my favorite bands releasing free music every month
This Week in Media: like heaven for a geek of the specific type that I am, trends in media are discussed, from the TWiT network of "netcasts"
US Senator Barack Obama Podcast:given that he represents me in the senate, I have a definate interest in what he has to say
What's New Now:Tech news from more former Tech TV personalities at Ziff Davis
Windows Weekly:News surrounding Windows, Windows Vista and Microsoft
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2007-01-17, 11:27 AM #4
I don't listen to podcasts. At all, ever.

But I've considered doing one for werepissedoff.net
2007-01-17, 3:39 PM #5
TWiT, Diggnation, Learn Japanese, Web Drifter, Ask a Ninja, and MSNBC's The Countdown.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ

↑ Up to the top!