Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Autoplay issues
Autoplay issues
2007-01-17, 1:20 PM #1
I pop in my USB memory stick, and I get this:

[http://jrh3k5.net/misc/autoplay.jpg]

I've run TweakUI and, aside from "Explore", the only other handler I've got is WinDVD's "Play this DVD".

What gives?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-01-17, 1:30 PM #2
weird
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2007-01-17, 3:00 PM #3
Why don't you use explorer to open it and then see what autoplay .ini files are in there? You can see what it's trying to do by reading the ini files.
2007-01-17, 3:22 PM #4
I just turn off Autoplay. *shrug*

That stuff is probably in the registry somewhere, you just need to search for it (and have an idea of what to search for, and know a bit about how the registry represents objects etc :psyduck:).

2007-01-17, 3:51 PM #5
Originally posted by Brian:
Why don't you use explorer to open it and then see what autoplay .ini files are in there? You can see what it's trying to do by reading the ini files.

It's a thumb drive, and has no autoplay.ini file (to my knowledge)
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-01-17, 6:52 PM #6
He means autorun.inf, and you can only add one entry to that menu with it. I've tried adding more, it's not possible. The best you can do is add multiple right click options to the drive icon, I think.

↑ Up to the top!