Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → watching PC from TV
watching PC from TV
2007-01-17, 7:16 PM #1
OK, I recently bought a new computer. My old one was junk and always ran out of space. Problem now is that i miss being able to connect my computer to the TV and watching the PC from there and this new machine does not have a s-video outlet.

so what should I do? media card? VGA to svideo converter? new svideo card with svideo outlet (id use the card from my old machine but this machine has intergrated graphics so would not look as good with the old card)? tv tuner card?

Questions? ideas?
The tips at the end of shoelaces are called "aglets". Their true purpose is sinister.
2007-01-17, 7:31 PM #2
You bought a computer with integrated graphics? :gbk:

Do you have an AGP or PCI Express slot?
woot!
2007-01-17, 7:44 PM #3
Expansion slots: 3 PCI slots, 1 PCI express X 16 slot
The tips at the end of shoelaces are called "aglets". Their true purpose is sinister.
2007-01-17, 7:52 PM #4
Pull the video card out of the old one and put it in one of the PCI slots. Unless of course it was an AGP card.
Stuff
2007-01-18, 4:31 AM #5
Originally posted by DesertPike:
Expansion slots: 3 PCI slots, 1 PCI express X 16 slot

Ah, good - then you can snag a PCI Express card with svideo and you should be all set. :)
woot!
2007-01-18, 12:52 PM #6
Originally posted by JLee:
Ah, good - then you can snag a PCI Express card with svideo and you should be all set. :)

Are there cards with only a svideo out so I still use the existing VGA port for the monitor?

Im terrible with Hardware.
2007-01-18, 1:15 PM #7
Ew svideo.
2007-01-18, 3:07 PM #8
Are there cards with only a svideo out so I still use the existing VGA port for the monitor?

Im terrible with Hardware.

Uh, no.

You're getting a new video card to replace that built-in crappy integrated card you have now.
2007-01-18, 5:58 PM #9
Originally posted by tofu:
Ew svideo.

Whats the other option over s-video?
2007-01-18, 6:22 PM #10
Nothing is wrong with s-video for standard definition TV which, I assume, you have. There are other ways than getting a video card to do what you want but a new video card with s-video out would be the best and least expensive route.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2007-01-18, 8:55 PM #11
i picked up a 7300GS the other week, and its got analog, dvi, component, s-cable, AND A/V out

it's pretty sweet, and pretty cheap.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-01-18, 9:18 PM #12
Whats the other option over s-video?

Depends on your TV.

↑ Up to the top!