Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → A rant worth reading?
A rant worth reading?
2007-01-23, 12:20 AM #1
I've posted a few new short articles on We're Pissed Off since the last time I made a thread. A few of which I think are worth a look at. I'm really starting to feel comfortable with my writing again, even though it is total crap.

I'm working with one or two of the more active members of the forum to create more content, and get the name out there. I'm also in the process of designing a new logo I hope more people will like. I do still suck alot at CSS, and am NOT making alot of progress at making a new theme. :(

http://www.werepissedoff.net

What I really want though, is for a few people to critique my two latest rants. I don't care where. :P
2007-01-23, 12:22 AM #2
Yea I might read that if I run out of everything else in the world to do.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2007-01-23, 12:39 AM #3
I liked the one about the lights on things, they suck. Also, why must my cellphone turn on full brightness while it charges? I have to put things on top of it to be able to sleep..

o.0
2007-01-23, 3:15 AM #4
I like them both.
>>untie shoes
2007-01-23, 12:18 PM #5
The newest one is good. I can relate to it.
Pissed Off?
2007-01-23, 12:23 PM #6
That site still exists? Woah.

I can relate to that article, too.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-01-23, 12:32 PM #7
The way you argue with Skittles guy in the front page news is confusing at first. I first thought Skittles added a news post or something.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-01-23, 1:13 PM #8
So did I.

Need someone to rant about politics?
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-01-23, 3:00 PM #9
We're trying to get more traffic and members to the site. We've tried having people who just post rants, but they haven't been active members of the community.
Pissed Off?
2007-01-23, 9:51 PM #10
Your writing is awful.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-01-23, 10:33 PM #11
We werepissedoff, but now we're fine.
2007-01-23, 11:23 PM #12
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Your writing is awful.

No it's not. It's not really "proper" so to speak, but it's actually very good writing. These days it doesn't matter if you know how to write perfect english, all that matters is the ideas you convey.
>>untie shoes
2007-01-23, 11:26 PM #13
I wrote a few articles for WPO, but my sarcasm and wit were wasted of most of the dullards who replied. They seemed to think I truly meant everything I said, even though some of it was preposterous.
2007-01-23, 11:35 PM #14
Originally posted by Antony:
No it's not. It's not really "proper" so to speak, but it's actually very good writing. These days it doesn't matter if you know how to write perfect english, all that matters is the ideas you convey.

What is this supposed to mean? You can't convey ideas if you don't know how language works. People have always had good ideas; good ideas aren't solely contemporary. And, no offense, but Rob doesn't have good ideas---or any ideas. I'd rather read almost anyone else's work.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-01-23, 11:37 PM #15
e.e. cummings lololololol
2007-01-23, 11:41 PM #16
Originally posted by Freelancer:
What is this supposed to mean? You can't convey ideas if you don't know how language works. People have always had good ideas; good ideas aren't solely contemporary. And, no offense, but Rob doesn't have good ideas---or any ideas. I'd rather read almost anyone else's work.

Then don't read it.
Pissed Off?
2007-01-24, 1:07 AM #17
hey i like e.e. cummings :argh:
2007-01-24, 2:01 AM #18
You FOOLS. It's "e e cummings", not "e. e. cummings"!
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2007-01-24, 7:42 AM #19
Originally posted by Avenger:
Then don't read it.

GET OUT OF HERE WITH YOUR LOGIC
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-01-24, 8:31 AM #20
Your writing is decent, but not great.

"Dumb people being like a snowball going down a hill. Only if you will imagine that hill isn't covered in snow, it's covered in stupid. And as this gigantic ball of dumb rolls down the hill it gathers more and more stupid. Until such time it meets the intelligence lodge at the bottom of the hill and covers it in a hellstorm of idiocy."

That could be one sentence.
2007-01-24, 4:09 PM #21
I write mostly how I speak, and only go back to change spelling mostly.

You can blame On The Road for that.
2007-01-24, 4:11 PM #22
Funny.
2007-01-25, 1:25 AM #23
Its only naturally human to rant, I know casue I do it. Its nice to know that there is somewhere to rant, I agree with your points and tell you the truth, I see it the same way. Life is a screwed up thing sometimes, I rant about that all the time (and the includes ranting at the radio).

Im one of those whose who can get 'P***ed Off'. :mad:
'Its always a good idea to move foward not back'

/Axecrasher/
2007-01-25, 4:49 AM #24
... A rant about some argument you had with a guy on a forum? Boring and a waste of a once great community.

But you already know how I feel about your harboring of stupidity. That's why you'll only see me post a rant. Even then, no one ever "gets it," like steven said. Instead they talk about their stupid online dating services and poke fun at eachother.

Speaking of which, you haven't publically backed up any of the old rants, so I feel no reason to post my own, as no one will know who the hell I am. They already don't know what the hell I'm talking about.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-01-25, 7:28 AM #25
http://www.werepissedoff.net/2005

http://www.werepissedoff.net/2006

They're all there, I just haven't made a thread about them because I've been neglecting it.

↑ Up to the top!