Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Short poem through rough times
Short poem through rough times
2007-01-25, 9:40 AM #1
My girlfriend and I are going through some rough times, and without going into too much detail, we are currently living a long distance relationship (her in Utah, and myself in Texas). We've been together for nearly two years now, and we are going through a bump in the road, and I really want things to start getting better, so I wrote her this short little poem, and emailed it to her.

Even when we are far away
my heart sends me thoughts every day
to remind me about the strength in us,
and to tell me that our love will never rust.
You and I are forever engaged
with love that our fiery hearts rage,
and now more than ever I know it's true
sweetheart, I am forever bound to you.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2007-01-25, 9:55 AM #2
[http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/stevenvaladez/whaaa.jpg]
2007-01-25, 10:06 AM #3
I like it, keep up the relationship man. Only hardcore love can survive that kind of strain.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2007-01-25, 10:40 AM #4
Why is she in Utah?

That seems like an odd place to have a long distance relationship from.

A safe one though...
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-01-25, 12:42 PM #5
That's really sweet, I'm sure she appreciates it too. I hope things turn out well for you both.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2007-01-25, 4:23 PM #6
Originally posted by Spook:
A safe one though...

Safe in what way? I thought a few years ago Utah was ranked around 35 population-wise nationally, but was in the top 20 for highest total crime.
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-01-25, 4:25 PM #7
Originally posted by Spook:
Why is she in Utah?

That seems like an odd place to have a long distance relationship from.

A safe one though...

Not really that odd. I've had a few long distance relationships myself. Though, those sucked.
My blawgh.
2007-01-25, 4:27 PM #8
Originally posted by Roach:
Safe in what way? I thought a few years ago Utah was ranked around 35 population-wise nationally, but was in the top 20 for highest total crime.
Everyone there is Moron.

Which makes them less likely to cheat on you.
2007-01-25, 9:03 PM #9
lol, I think you meant Mormon.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-01-25, 9:05 PM #10
I'm pretty sure the words are synonymous.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2007-01-25, 9:24 PM #11
Because religious intolerance is so cool.
2007-01-25, 9:25 PM #12
:(
My blawgh.
2007-01-25, 9:25 PM #13
We have to accept Mormons, guys, because it's nice.

BUT THOSE GAYS CAN GO TO HELL.
2007-01-25, 9:27 PM #14
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
Because religious intolerance is so cool.

Just as biased claims about one religion being far more faithful than others.

Anyway, I didn't mean to hijack this. Good luck to you, Knight, and your girlfriend.
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-01-25, 9:28 PM #15
Some religions deal with faith more than others. I don't get what you're saying?
2007-01-25, 9:32 PM #16
I'm saying that someone saying "she's safe, she's with mormons!" is no better than "mormons are idiots!"
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-01-25, 9:58 PM #17
ONTO THE MATTER AT HAND.

That poem kind of sucked.
2007-01-26, 9:44 AM #18
Ehh, I'd probably be cooler with stereotypes about me if they were positive rather than negative.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2007-01-26, 10:03 AM #19
My girlfriend is a Mormon, and thus the reason why she is currently in Utah, enrolled as a student at BYU. She didn't exactly want to go, but her parents are very devoted to the traditonal Mormon ways, and wanted her to go for at least a year (hoping she would stay for the next three I'm sure). However, after her first year she plans on coming back to Texas and going to A&M where she will study to become a vet.

I have been raised in a Catholic family, and was a practicer up until 10th grade, where I got my confirmation. If you don't know about the Catholic faith, that's basically the last and final stage of declaring "I'm truly a Catholic." Anyways, since then, I haven't been an avid church-goer, and my views of God and Jesus are mixed. I'm not an atheist, but I just don't know what to think at the moment. Of course it's obvious what my girlfriend would like me to be, but she accepts me for whatever I choose, and that's the beauty of what we have.

That's all I really have to say..
Author of the JK levels:

2007-01-26, 11:01 AM #20
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
My girlfriend is a Mormon, and thus the reason why she is currently in Utah, enrolled as a student at BYU. She didn't exactly want to go, but her parents are very devoted to the formal Mormon ways, and wanted her to go for at least a year (hoping she would stay for the next three I'm sure). However, after her first year she plans on coming back to Texas and going to A&M where she will study to become a vet.

I have been raised in a Catholic family, and was a practicer up until 10th grade, where I got my conformation. If you don't know about the Catholic faith, that's basically the last and final stage of declaring "I'm truly a Catholic." Anyways, since then, I haven't been an avid church-goer, and my views of God and Jesus are mixed. I'm not an atheist, but I just don't know what to think at the moment. Of course it's obvious what my girlfriend would like me to be, but she accepts me for whatever I choose, and that's the beauty of what we have.

That's all I really have to say..

Yeah, BYU is like the #1 safest college campus in the western US. So, as I said, safe place. Provo Utah=safe.

As for high crime in Utah, that's because almost all of those studies that rate Utah higher, took into account Amphetamine posession convictions. Utah and Missouri claim the title of most strung out states.

So as long as she doesn't go behind 7-11s in Orem she will be shiny.

Sounds like you have a stable relationship though. Good luck with that.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-01-26, 11:43 AM #21
I am now taking bets:

<3 months - 8:1
<6 months - 4:1
<12 months - 2:1
2007-01-26, 11:48 AM #22
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
I have been raised in a Catholic family, and was a practicer up until 10th grade, where I got my conformation...

Freudian slip? :P
2007-01-26, 7:10 PM #23
Originally posted by Steven:
<3 months - 8:1
<6 months - 4:1
<12 months - 2:1

She's going to BYU? I'll say 3 months.
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-01-26, 7:18 PM #24
She's at BYU? Oh jeez, she'll be married within the week!
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2007-01-26, 8:51 PM #25
He's got a point. It's a miracle she's not engaged already!
Ban Jin!
2007-01-26, 8:59 PM #26
Yeah guys, that really doesn't help, but thanks for trying anyways. :gbk:
Author of the JK levels:

2007-01-26, 9:11 PM #27
Aww, we're sorry. :(
Ban Jin!
2007-01-26, 10:23 PM #28
I wish you the very best of luck in this situation, and I'd love to hear that things worked out for you...

that said the poem was lame :P
2007-01-26, 11:38 PM #29
Originally posted by saberopus:
I wish you the very best of luck in this situation, and I'd love to hear that things worked out for you...

that said the poem was lame :P

Now that, I actually don't mind hearing :P
Author of the JK levels:

↑ Up to the top!