Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Dream
Dream
2003-12-25, 6:12 PM #1
Rarely do I actually make a new topic but sometimes when I do it's to post a dream I had. Maybe for comments, maybe for... I don't know. Lately it's been something disturbing, not always something suitable for the general audience this board wants to target.
Anyway, this one is suitable after its fashion.

--------------------

Bones. Thin and white and useful. I'm not sure what for but we use bones for things, different things, and they have to come from somewhere. This is an industrial world, it's busy. This is the idea, the first idea. Curiosity can transport you in dreams. Effects that require a cause can lead to instantaneous motion that doesn't exactly move.

So I'm there but not there, invisibly observing in a way. A yellow tinted small room, small yellow tinted children working. They're so young, thin, starving, female. Dressed in rags. One with a twisted and small hairless head is the leader. All always carving and talking quietly. It has to be quiet. This is known. They have to be busy all through the day and night, for the good of all. They can stop when they die, and when they die their bones are ours.

There is a realization now that this is terrible. Horrible in the worst way, an unimaginable feeling of terror and regret that can't be put into words.

So we're somewhere else. Not all of them, you can't save everyone. We're somewhere not yellow tinted, the little girl still sick and thin in my arms. Light comes through breaks in the walls somewhere high above. A feeling of emptiness and moving dust. Her hands are so small. So small. Her hair is thinning, teeth missing and she feels like death. But her eyes are wide and desperately alive.

Then I wake or border on waking and realize it's Christmas. I feel ridiculous as I imagine myself rushing out of bed to.. what? I'm not a kid anymore, no presents under a tree to tear open or parents to stealthily avoid. I go back to sleep for a while, different dreams.
2003-12-25, 6:31 PM #2
That was extremely weird. Especially since the song I was listening to had lyrics saying "a bitter heart and frozen bones pave the way to the house our father knew"

It sounds really cool though, like you could actually do a short story on it just because the opening paragraph actually sounded like the opening to a story. If you dont, can I shotgun the use of the idea? And the children part reminded me of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, probably because I watched it today.

------------------
<< start the revolution >>
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2003-12-25, 6:34 PM #3
...can I buy some pot from you?

------------------
"Why did all the dinosaurs have to die?"
"Because you touch yourself at night."
"Why did all the dinosaurs have to die?"
"Because you touch yourself at night."
2003-12-25, 6:41 PM #4
Yeah, you can use it. This wasn't a very powerful dream, just a weird one that wasn't too graphic so I could post it here. In a week if I remember it at all, it'll probably be remembered for the indescribable feeling of despair at watching her eyes at the end, not for any real details or plot.

[edit] ha and speaking of music, Dreams by The Cranberries just started playing on my PC [/edit]

[This message has been edited by Masq (edited December 25, 2003).]
2003-12-25, 7:06 PM #5
That's a really great song.

Would it be misconstrued seriously if I were to say something about this dream being your subconscious telling you to eat more babies? :P

------------------
Duel Zero key count: Zero! Down to guns and forces. Expect a release soon.
2003-12-25, 7:43 PM #6
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif]

My last dream was about going back to school and being back with all my friends then playing hockey in some where

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2003-12-25, 9:26 PM #7
Coolest site regarding dreams I ever saw: http://dreamdoctor.com/dictionary . The following (from the site) seems to have relevance...

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Youth in dreams often hold associations to younger times in the dreamer’s own life. If a young child appears in your dreams, consider that the dream may represent an issue from your own childhood. How old was the child, and what event occurred in your life at the same age? If a small child is threatened, you may be concerned about “innocent people” becoming hurt. Death of a child may symbolize the end of a relationship, or fears of a business failure. </font>

Not sure how much legitimate psychology goes into the dream symbol interpretation on that site, but it seems to make sense. To me anyway.

[/random trivia]
So sayest the Writer of Silly Things!

↑ Up to the top!