Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Epic Movie
Epic Movie
2007-01-26, 5:47 PM #1
Gosh..this looks like another attempt to make a funny movie...just like how Scary Movie 3 and 4 were...
Back again
2007-01-26, 5:51 PM #2
I suspect Reno 911: Miami will be my second favorite movie up there with Super Troopers.
Epic movie will suck like the scary movie series.
2007-01-26, 5:56 PM #3
I am gay for David Lehre, and he is in this movie so i am going to go see it.
2007-01-26, 5:59 PM #4
I'll wait for it to come out on DVD.
Pissed Off?
2007-01-26, 6:06 PM #5
I was going to see it tonight but im doubtful so i wish someone had some opinion on it.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2007-01-26, 6:07 PM #6
Is this even really worthy of discussion?

This honestly looks like it is just terribly not funny. Seriously, you can tell how they're trying to be funny, but it feels so forced with these movies that it can't possibly come across as funny.

And why the hell would they parody Borat in "Epic Movie" when first of all, there isn't anything really epic about Borat, and secondly Borat isn't really serious anyway.
>>untie shoes
2007-01-26, 6:08 PM #7
i liked the scary movie series...

seriously anyone who didn't must have expected something other than an immature comedy

unlike some i have the ability to shut the "elitist prick" part of my brain off long enough to be entertained by movies with crude humor
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2007-01-26, 6:28 PM #8
Originally posted by Antony:

And why the hell would they parody Borat in "Epic Movie" when first of all, there isn't anything really epic about Borat, and secondly Borat isn't really serious anyway.

Well, since Borat was such a hit and people liked him so much, I guess this is for more excitement surrounding the movie?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-01-26, 6:30 PM #9
The Scary Movie series has a cult following among me and my friends since SM3 starting playing on TBS just before 4 was released. I haven't seen all 4, but 3 was hilarious and 4 was...meh.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2007-01-26, 6:34 PM #10
There's nothing wrong with movies that have crude humor. Animal House has lots of crude humor and it's hilarious.

My problem with these movies is they're not funny. They just re-do scenes from popular movies with lousy actors playing the parts and I'm supposed to laugh?
>>untie shoes
2007-01-26, 6:34 PM #11

These kind of movies poke fun at all of the recent blockbusters. Borat was a blockbuster. Question answered.
Pissed Off?
2007-01-26, 7:07 PM #12
The previews looked dumb to me. I didn't see the Scary Movie series either for the same reason.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2007-01-26, 7:35 PM #13
They just re-do scenes from popular movies with lousy actors playing the parts and I'm supposed to laugh?

you obiously don't get the point... which is really just sad
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2007-01-26, 7:44 PM #14
He totally gets the point. Good parody movies such as Airplane, Top Secret, and Naked Gun knew how to parody things and not just remake scenes from better movies with junk actors. The older comedies were clever where as the new ones are just total rip offs.

[Edit: Apparently Rottentomatoes agrees with me. I found this under Date Movie:

Memo to would-be parodists: referencing other movies is not the same as satirizing them. Once upon a time, when giants like Airplane! and Top Secret roamed the earth, filmmakers trafficking in the fine art of the spoof would bring a madcap energy to the proceedings; now, simply trotting out a guy in a 'don't vote for Pedro' t-shirt is supposed to leave audiences in stitches.]
Think while it's still legal.
2007-01-26, 7:45 PM #15
Airplane rocks.

Scary/Date/Epic movie? Not so much.
2007-01-27, 8:41 AM #16
I agree with the 2 previous statements.
nope.
2007-01-27, 8:43 AM #17
Scary Movie 1 I liked, 2 was trash, never seen 3 or 4.

Epic Movie doesn't look interesting, but I'm sure it's gonna make a lot of money. I wouldn't mind money.

And Airplane! and Naked Gun series are neat :cool:
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-01-27, 8:58 AM #18
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Epic Movie doesn't look interesting, but I'm sure it's gonna make a lot of money. I wouldn't mind money.

Awesome.
2007-01-27, 9:10 AM #19
I'm going to see it today. I'll tell you all how it is
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2007-01-27, 9:14 AM #20
When I saw the first trailer, I thought I'd enjoy it. Now, with each trailer they release, it looks worse and worse.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-01-27, 9:46 AM #21
Just watched the trailer, and only one of the movies I saw referenced could really be considered an epic (Narnia, and maybe X-Men, but probably not). I'm going to have to agree with the people saying that it's not satire.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2007-01-27, 12:19 PM #22
Originally posted by Victor Van Dort:
He totally gets the point. Good parody movies such as Airplane, Top Secret, and Naked Gun knew how to parody things and not just remake scenes from better movies with junk actors. The older comedies were clever where as the new ones are just total rip offs.

[Edit: Apparently Rottentomatoes agrees with me. I found this under Date Movie:

Memo to would-be parodists: referencing other movies is not the same as satirizing them. Once upon a time, when giants like Airplane! and Top Secret roamed the earth, filmmakers trafficking in the fine art of the spoof would bring a madcap energy to the proceedings; now, simply trotting out a guy in a 'don't vote for Pedro' t-shirt is supposed to leave audiences in stitches.]

I have never agreed with anything you have ever posted.

This has changed. SAJN and Bill agree. The world is coming to an end.

PS- Very well said.
>>untie shoes
2007-01-27, 4:53 PM #23
Alright. Today I saw the movie.

It has to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life. I think I laughed twice. During the lion part, and the Borat part. That was about it.

I give it 2/10, only because the red head was hot.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2007-01-27, 5:11 PM #24
It looked stupid from the trailer.
2007-01-28, 11:11 AM #25
Originally posted by petmc20:
Alright. Today I saw the movie.

It has to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life. I think I laughed twice. During the lion part, and the Borat part. That was about it.

I give it 2/10, only because the red head was hot.

Aye, she's a bombshell. She's on Heroes. (or was)

Anyway, I saw it last night, and yeah, it's not that great.

Not terrible, but not worth the money unless you're drunk (which I was).
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-01-28, 11:31 AM #26
It's currently being hailed as 'worst movie ever made.'
>>untie shoes
2007-01-28, 12:04 PM #27
It's currently being hailed as 'worst movie ever made.'

Eh?

Nothing comes close to Manos: The Hands of Fate.
2007-01-28, 12:10 PM #28
Starship Troopers was pretty horrible.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2007-01-28, 12:29 PM #29
Looks like it'd be horrible, just like Borat, Scary Movie #, and Napoleon Dynamite.
2007-01-28, 12:32 PM #30
Originally posted by Echoman:
Eh?

Nothing comes close to Manos: The Hands of Fate.

I agree.

You guys dont know the meaning of pain until youve seen that movie. I swear i only watched 30 minutes of it and it felt like 2 hours. Gah that movie hurts to watch.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-01-28, 12:33 PM #31
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:

That movie is awesome. Plain flat out friggin awesome.
>>untie shoes
2007-01-28, 12:35 PM #32
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:

You must of course mean Starship Troopers 2. Because the original Starship Troopers was totally awesome and one of the best movies ever.
Starship Troopers 2 on the other hand, bit.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-01-28, 12:40 PM #33
Hopefully he knows that Starship Troopers is a satire..
2007-01-28, 12:49 PM #34
Well, I seem to remember there being a book thread and someone said the book got across the whole satirical idea better than the movie. I've only seen the movie once, maybe I should watch it again with satire in mind?

The movie was fun to watch, but I wouldn't call it a good movie. I looked at it as a sort of B-Grade action movie on a larger scale than just 1 guy in a building with terrorists. And I couldn't ever get over the fact that the armor, and guns they have in the movie? Same props used in an old Power Rangers show.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2007-01-28, 12:50 PM #35
Manos is so terrible that it goes in a circle of craptasticness.

First its utter crap.
Then its so horrible its funny.
And then its back to utter crap.

AND STARSHIP TROOPERS KICKED ***!
2007-01-28, 1:06 PM #36
Manos is not funny ever.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-01-28, 1:07 PM #37
I'm guessing he never watched the film.
2007-01-28, 1:13 PM #38
Quote:
1. Epic Movie $19.2M

Sad. :saddowns: ...it's number one at the box office.

↑ Up to the top!