Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Workspaces
Workspaces
2004-07-12, 12:51 PM #1
I know a friend(Mystic0)and he uses Linux and he has workspaces,no toolbar,and uses right click to acess a menu. Is there any way you can do this with Windows?
If any body knows a program or something, that would be great.Thanks.
2004-07-12, 1:13 PM #2
not that I know of.

------------------
The University of North Carolina has finally found a network server that, although missing for four years, hasn't missed a packet in all that time. Try as they might, university administrators couldn't find the server. Working with Novell Inc., IT workers tracked it down by meticulously following cable until they literally ran into a wall. The server had been mistakenly sealed behind drywall by maintenance workers.
2004-07-12, 1:29 PM #3
Litestep is kinda like that. It does have a menu bar though, but I'm sure you could probably turn it off. Along with getting rid of the icons on the desktop. So, you could try it I guess.

------------------
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-07-12, 1:39 PM #4
Try different shells. I know geoshell has something close to that. Search it at www.sourceforge.net

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-12, 1:51 PM #5
Ya,thanks. None of them have the seperate window feature. It has 4 screens at the bottom. You can click on a screen and i diff workspace comes up. Ex. I have Internet Explorer up, i click on another screen, and another desktop will be there with nothing on it.
(If you do not understand this, go to the "Got a Desktop" thread, and look for Mystic0's screenshot. Look at the bottom right, and you see 4 screens(right next to the AIM icon and the Steamicon). That's what im trying to say.

[This message has been edited by ravage (edited July 12, 2004).]
2004-07-12, 2:01 PM #6
You could, you know, just use Linux...

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-07-12, 2:03 PM #7
there was a program with the nvidia drivers that did what you want... (I think).

It'll only work if you have a gforce card though.

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!
----@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-07-12, 2:04 PM #8
So what your saying is just use my friend's same setup.
2004-07-12, 2:05 PM #9
Wait, what about the Nvidia Driver thing.
2004-07-12, 3:15 PM #10
http://www.bb4win.org/

------------------
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2004-07-12, 4:34 PM #11
The nVidia driver thing is actually a program running... it's not part of the desktop. If you want workspaces, try blackbox. Make sure you download the .exe file. If you do this though, you will be sacrificing alot of 'eye candy' for simplicity; blackbox is pretty basic. (but themeable)

If you want the desklets (clock, weather, system monitors) I think somebody mentioned Samurize.

------------------
Please send me e-mail...
2004-07-12, 5:19 PM #12
That'd be me.

Samurize is godly.

I have a mini program that came packaged with Object Desktop that gives me virtual desktops. I've used them a few times, but that's about all. I might use them more if the programs listed on the taskbar stayed seperate as well.

------------------
Put me in the hospital for nerves and then they had to commit me,
You told them all I was crazy,
They cut off my legs now I'm an amputee, God damn you.
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-07-13, 11:27 AM #13
im using blackbox, there is a part where you add the plugin, but i dont get how it says "add the path to the plugin's dll file on a single line."

can anybody help explain that in a easier way.

↑ Up to the top!