Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Landlord reporting!
Landlord reporting!
2007-01-31, 7:26 PM #1
I looked on google, but i dont think im using the right terms for the search.
Is there any way I can report my landlord to something LIKE the BBB?

Oh and just to bring you all up to date:

Nothing was ever fixed, the animals got larger ( they fight in the walls now ), and yea it hasnt been fun.

Good news is we have a new landlord who is really cool (and fixes stuff >:D )
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-01-31, 7:32 PM #2
large animals fighting in walls sounds like something to tell to the health department
Cyclops was right
2007-01-31, 7:34 PM #3
its called "Civil suit" ie sue his ***
2007-01-31, 8:18 PM #4
There's probably some sort of housing authority in your city/county that you need to look for.
Pissed Off?
2007-01-31, 9:03 PM #5
I've heard of people withholding rent until things get fixed.

but yes, your landlord should be in jail.
2007-01-31, 9:27 PM #6
Yea well the one time I decide to say "lets hold the rent" all the checks had been written, and someone sent it out >:(
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-02-01, 4:39 AM #7
Can you take him to small claims court and ask for him to refund the rent? You've got photographic evidence and a contract that he's probably broken by the sounds of it. Otherwise, next time he comes round complain about it and get him to agree to fix the problems by a certain date in writing. Then if he continues to neglect the place he really won't have a leg to stand on if you do take it to court at all.
Here in the UK it costs about £35 to file papers with the courts and that's reimbursed if you win the case. We've had students almost evicted because the bank repossessed the house from the landlord and they managed to win an unprecedented decision in court to allow them to remain till the end of the academic year.

In the meantime, if this guy is renting to college students, start a landlord awareness group on facebook for your college and warn everyone about him and encourage others to recommend/warn about similarly good/bad landlords. The one for my uni has about 500 members and is in many ways a useful directory for those of us looking for housing for next year.

↑ Up to the top!