Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Mouthguards.
Mouthguards.
2007-02-01, 6:54 PM #1
Is the tooth molded one more protecting than the bulky one?

I have both and the tooth molded one feels nice, but the bulky one seems stonger.
Back again
2007-02-01, 7:01 PM #2
I think you should avoid them both. Just in case.
2007-02-01, 7:04 PM #3
I put a whole walrus in my mouth.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-02-01, 8:20 PM #4
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&pwst=1&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=mouthguard+facts&spell=1
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-02-01, 8:45 PM #5
In my 8 years of football, I always used the one that you put in warm water then form to the shape of your teeth.

I'm not exactly sure why this warrants a thread.
2007-02-01, 9:50 PM #6
Molded mouthgards prevent your teeth from moving side to side or forward or back as much.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-02-01, 11:49 PM #7
Originally posted by SiliconC:
In my 8 years of football, I always used the one that you put in warm water then form to the shape of your teeth.

same here for 10 years. I still got all my teeth.
"You were probably a result of sabotage."
2007-02-02, 5:11 AM #8
Maybe fingerguards to prevent from typing up threads
2007-02-02, 5:22 AM #9
In rugby I've tried the boil-in-a-bag type, the proper dentist chunky molded ones and when I had braces I had totally unmolded ones since my teeth were moving.
The chunky ones felt the most secure and protective. I've been kneed and punched in the mouth a few times in rugby and all my teeth are still there.
Isn't it less of a concern for American football players with those face protecting cages on your helmets?
2007-02-02, 3:02 PM #10
They also help prevent concussions.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!