Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The last (old) laptop thread (hopefully)
The last (old) laptop thread (hopefully)
2007-02-03, 11:03 PM #1
As some of you may remember, I've had problems in the past with keeping my old laptop maintained... It is now in working order once again... but now, I feel the need to 'perfect' it- thus here I am, seaking information from the great Massassi!

First off, I've been trying to find how to change the registered user name, as it is still running off of that of the first owner. It runs Windows 95, and reinstalling windows is not an option, as I do not have the installation discs anymore.

Secondly, anyone know of any PCMCIA cards (such as networking, minus the dailup modem cards) that Windows 95 will be able to support? What about external (or removable) drives?

Any help would be much appreciated. :D
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2007-02-03, 11:14 PM #2
But... why??

You should see if you can install XP on it. I got XP to run on a PII 266 with 64 megs of RAM; it was awesome (not).
Stuff
2007-02-03, 11:35 PM #3
I use it mainly to play my older games... there's some stuff I'd like to get transfered, but it doesn't have a floppy drive.... Also, the username was just a small thing that kinda annoyed me. >_<

...plus, it's still good... why have it go to waste? :o
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2007-02-03, 11:48 PM #4
That post makes it sound like just about the antithesis of good.
2007-02-04, 12:02 AM #5
How so? Not putting it out of its misery? :v:
2007-02-04, 12:04 AM #6
It only does one thing for you, while it doesn't do atleast 4-5 more.

That isn't good. It needs to be smashed with a hammer.
2007-02-04, 12:06 AM #7
Toss it off a building and put it on youtube.
Stuff
2007-02-04, 12:21 AM #8
Beat someone to death with it, and then put it on Youtube.
2007-02-04, 12:44 PM #9
If by Older Games you mean DOS things, then fix it up with Linux and install Dosbox [or ScummVM for LEC adventure games].

You can probably find a serial/parallel/usb floppy drive for a couple bucks these days.
Also, I can kill you with my brain.

↑ Up to the top!