Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → blackbox help(windows)
blackbox help(windows)
2004-07-13, 11:56 AM #1
i need help with plugins frm blackbox. the message it says is "add the path to the plugin's dll file on a single line"
if anybody can help that would be great.
2004-07-13, 3:37 PM #2
Wow, no replies? I know nothing about blackboxes, but the least I can do is post on this to bring it to people's attention again.
"I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a person is, the more likely it is for that person to have extreme prejudices." -Clint Eastwood
2004-07-14, 7:04 AM #3
You might want to post this at the bb4win.org forums... you will probobly get more responses there.

------------------
Please send me e-mail...
2004-07-14, 7:42 AM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Plugins can be used to add certain features, such as hotkey support, to Blackbox for Windows. To load a plugin, you simply need to add the relative path of the plugin (from your Blackbox directory) to the file plugins.rc (located in the Blackbox directory). For example, if you installed Blackbox into c:\Blackbox, and your plugin (let's say BBKeys.dll) is located in c:\Blackbox\plugins\BBKeys, you should add the line...

plugins\BBKeys\BBKeys.dll

...to plugins.rc. Blackbox will even warn you if it can not find the plugin you've specified. Simple, eh? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

[ Please note that some plugins may also have their own configuration files (BBKeys, for instance, uses a file named bbkeys.rc). For more information, try this crazy piece of advice: Read the plugin documentation! <g> ]

Examples? Sure. Here's how to use BBKeys to control multiamp (the first two plugins to support bro@ms):

KeyToGrab(Left), WithModifier(Ctrl+Win), WithAction(ExecCommand), DoThis(@maPrev)
KeyToGrab(Enter), WithModifier(Ctrl+Win), WithAction(ExecCommand), DoThis(@maPlay)
KeyToGrab(Spacebar), WithModifier(Ctrl+Win), WithAction(ExecCommand), DoThis(@maPause)
KeyToGrab(Num0), WithModifier(Ctrl+Win), WithAction(ExecCommand), DoThis(@maStop)
KeyToGrab(Right), WithModifier(Ctrl+Win), WithAction(ExecCommand), DoThis(@maNext)
KeyToGrab(Add), WithModifier(Ctrl+Win), WithAction(ExecCommand), DoThis(@maOpenFile)
KeyToGrab(Mul), WithModifier(Ctrl+Win), WithAction(ExecCommand), DoThis(@maMenu)
KeyToGrab(Sub), WithModifier(Ctrl+Win), WithAction(ExecCommand), DoThis(@maPower)
KeyToGrab(Up), WithModifier(Ctrl+Win), WithAction(ExecCommand), DoThis(@maVolumeUp)
KeyToGrab(Down), WithModifier(Ctrl+Win), WithAction(ExecCommand), DoThis(@maVolumeDown)

...hopefully, that was self-explanatory... right? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]</font>

Quoted from http://docs.bb4win.org/

------------------
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2004-07-14, 9:48 AM #5
Holy hokket!

Blackbox for windows??

I am really pretty fond of blackbox on linux, used it a lot before moving to E.

So i got this rather excitedly. Everything seems to work pretty well [ie 14% ram used on a clean boot vs 35% used in xp]. However. and this is a big however, it takes no less than 15-20 minutes for it to load blackbox after the xp boot screen goes away, during that time it very cheerfully uses 99-100% of my ram, althuogh only about 10% cpu.

I was a bit leniant the first boot, thinking ok it's probably just configuring lots of things or something, plus i had nothing better to do than wait around. However it does it /every/ bloody time, not just on boots, but every time i use restart blackbox in the menu. I am not entirely amused about that. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/mad.gif]

Once it is running however it runs great though.

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"That's why we had to beat you with tennis rackets".
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');

[This message has been edited by Dormouse (edited July 14, 2004).]
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-07-14, 11:29 AM #6
Forget bb4win, xob pwns it utterly.

http://desktopian.org/bb/

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
2004-07-14, 12:24 PM #7
*cough*
[http://dor.nullmind.org/arc/dsk14jul04.png]

------------------
2004-07-14, 4:13 PM #8
Would anyone care to explain to me exactly what these programs do? Looks cool, but I'm not going to go just on that, or what the pages say. They can exagerate a bit...

------------------
Put me in the hospital for nerves and then they had to commit me,
You told them all I was crazy,
They cut off my legs now I'm an amputee, God damn you.
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-07-14, 4:45 PM #9
Blackbox [or xoblite in my case] is a replacement shell, like Litestep, but much more friendly and configurable i find. It has numerous plugins for everything from showing cpu/ram load to quicklaunch bars, to analog clocks, and so forth.

I'd highly recommened xob as it comes with the system tray and taskbar and such plugins built in and configured.

------------------
2004-07-14, 6:00 PM #10
Hmm... I went and downloaded it and grabbed the Manual. Haven't installed or run any of it yet however. I'm going to put it on a disk and see how well it runs on my 90Mhz machine. Then I'll play with it my better computer.

------------------
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2004-07-15, 1:31 PM #11
Meh, xob seems to be unstable and unsupportive of things like nwn and morrowind. Bb4win however, if one comments out the bbsystembar line in plugins.rc and gets systembarex works much better with them.

------------------
2004-07-15, 3:47 PM #12
I couldn't get xoblite to work last night on my 90 Mhz box of horror, but I did manage to make it work earlier today on my Win2k box. An interesting little program to say the least. I tried keeping it as the shell for a bit, but I'm far more used to seeing Explorer than xoblite, so I switched back. Everything just looked very odd... I'm going to play with it some more though before I really make up my mind.

------------------
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
Last Stand
2004-07-15, 4:00 PM #13
Ignore my previous posts about xob, i'm having much more success with making bb4win work with things [http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif]

I am very happy with it so far.

[http://dor.nullmind.org/arc/dsk15jul04.png]

------------------
2004-07-15, 4:20 PM #14
Ok, that just looks plain sexy now.

Mind provding links to everything your using there in terms of bb4win?

------------------
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
Last Stand
2004-07-15, 6:15 PM #15
All the plugins are available from the current plugins link on bb4win.org, skins i think i got from the archived bb4win styles link in the links section.

My plugins.rc:

Plugins\BBKeys.dll
Plugins\BBHook\BBHook.dll
Plugins\BBDDE.dll
Plugins\BBTrans\BBTrans.dll
Plugins\bbamptitle.dll
Plugins\bbanalog.dll
&Plugins\bbdropftp.dll
!Plugins\bbedgeflip.dll
&Plugins\bbmail.dll
Plugins\bbmemshrink.dll
Plugins\bbnstate.dll
Plugins\bbpager.dll
Plugins\bbshelf.dll
Plugins\bbsstate.dll
Plugins\bbleanskin\bbleanskin.dll
&Plugins\broambox.dll
Plugins\systembarex.dll
Plugins\bbslit.dll

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dormouse (edited July 16, 2004).]

↑ Up to the top!