Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Hosting a MP and using commands.
Hosting a MP and using commands.
2004-07-13, 11:32 AM #1
Trying to figure out a couple things about hosting games. Mainly on how to set it up with only certain weapons, or is the CTF with disruptors a special MOD most have?
Also trying to figure out how to use taunts and why /amsit doesn't always work. A list of other host commands would be helpful, i've only managed to figure out kicking but not the teleporting.
2004-07-13, 12:05 PM #2
I'm pretty sure there's a way to disable certain weapons with the game straight out of the box, but I don't remember how.

in the console type "bind [key] taunt," then press the key you chose to do the taunt animation. (or it may be "+taunt," I can't remember. It's one in multiplayer and the other in singleplayer)

no clue what "/amsit" is. Sounds to me like a mod feature.

Again, no clue what you're talking about with the teleporting.

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-07-13, 1:14 PM #3
thanks. the /amsit does what it sounds like, makes you guy sit down on the ground. think there's one for lying down too.
the teleporting is when the host basically telelports (or summons) you to where they are.

[This message has been edited by Kyllinge (edited July 13, 2004).]
2004-07-13, 1:50 PM #4
You're thinking of the Jedi+ mod.

Or rather, I can't remmber what its called. Its a very popular Admin MOD for JA.

when A_Big_Fat_CoW gets on AIM I'll ask him and get you the link. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

'cause we used to use that for RPGs all the time.

------------------
"Judging by the name of the author, and the name of the work, I'd guess it's an energy "beam". You know, like in the Japanese cartoons where those guys with big hair fly around, talk philosophy, and shoot fireballs at each other." - Hellequin
*insert some joke about pasta and fruit scuffles*
2004-07-13, 2:32 PM #5
thanks appreciate it.
2004-07-13, 7:50 PM #6
guess he hadnt come on yet tonight
2004-07-14, 7:20 AM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kyllinge:
Trying to figure out a couple things about hosting games. Mainly on how to set it up with only certain weapons, or is the CTF with disruptors a special MOD most have?
Also trying to figure out how to use taunts and why /amsit doesn't always work. A list of other host commands would be helpful, i've only managed to figure out kicking but not the teleporting.
</font>

The ctf with disruptors only is a special mod. I'm assuming your talking about when its a 1 hit kill. I'm not sure if your talking about for JK2 or JKA but search on google for an instagib mod for whichever game.

As for amsit and things, depending on what mod your using, look in the readme or helpfile, it should have all the info you need about running the mod. I prefer basejka/2 personally [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
/fluffle
/fluffle
2004-07-14, 7:23 AM #8
Oh and about the teleporting, on most mods i've used, first login , then use the command /amtele <name or clientnumber> <x> <y> <z> <yaw>

use rcon status or /amstatus to find out client numbers. x y z represent the co ordinates of the person and yaw is the direction they're facing

To find out the co ordinates of a player, type, /amorigin <playernumber or name>

This works for all the mods i've tried, or at least its something similar. The amtele command might be different though - the help file should tell you how to do everything though...

------------------
/fluffle
/fluffle
2004-07-14, 11:06 AM #9
Sorry, I've been talking about Jedi Outcast.

I cant say I know that mod (basejk2); it isn't on the sites mod list, not under that name anyway.
The only DECENT mods I have are the disruptor one (disruption1.1) that I did find earlier and enhanced sabers 2. (love the customizable sabers)

I justloaded both up, neither of them have those commands. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

[This message has been edited by Kyllinge (edited July 14, 2004).]
2004-07-15, 5:48 AM #10
When i say basejk2 i mean the base of the game - ie the game without any mods.

Get jedi academy mod 1.6 from here:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/5360/

Should be a help file attached telling you how to set it up and use all the commands and stuff.

------------------
/fluffle
/fluffle
2004-07-16, 7:04 AM #11
too bad I cant just add sitting and telelporting to a different MOD I like instead.
2004-07-16, 8:19 AM #12
Yes iguess. However, if your playing with friends or people you know who won't abuse it, you could start up your server with cheats and use the command /viewpos (to see what your position is, and /setviewpos <x> <y> <z> <yaw> to teleport.

------------------
/fluffle
/fluffle

↑ Up to the top!