Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Battlestar Galactica Season Finale
Battlestar Galactica Season Finale
2007-03-25, 8:02 PM #1
I'm at a loss of words.

(If you feel obliged to post a "omg not another BSG thread!!!!!!!!!!!11", please don't...that's what a back button is for).

I got confused when the cylons met. I had no idea what was going on or why they all went to the same spot. Also, why don't they notice signs they were cylons? How could they be cylons if they lived normal lives for the past 40 years or so?

I also thought it was neat they had a BSG version of All Along the Watchtower in it.
2007-03-25, 8:15 PM #2
That song they were hearing? Only THEY heard it, and the followed the sound to it's 'source', that room they were in. It's pretty clear now that them + Kara are the final five.

Why didn't Sharon notice? Why did the sleeper 6 on pegusus? Cylons are indistinguishable from humans, we've known that since the start of the series. So, here's the series big secret you obviously haven't grokked: THE CYLONS ARE HUMAN.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-03-25, 8:15 PM #3
I was going to post a thread, and then was like 'meh whatever', but wow...this show keeps delivering. I haven't watched an episode since Helo fought the evil doctor (been busy with school) and tuned in by chance tonight. Holy smokes that was intense.

Also, looks like Darth called it about Starbuck.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-03-25, 10:59 PM #4
Season 4 begins with a StarFleet battlegroup warping in response to a massive group of ships that are not responding to subspace hails.
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2007-03-25, 11:02 PM #5
My dad changed the channel RIGHT when they revealed it was starbuck. What did she say?
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2007-03-25, 11:11 PM #6
She said words to the effect of "yes, it's me. I've been to Earth and I'm going to lead humanity there". Then the camera zoomed all the way out to the Milky Way, then all the way in to Earth. It was wicked.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-03-26, 4:20 AM #7
SPOILER TAGS.

We saw flore-ee-dah.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-03-26, 7:39 AM #8
Originally posted by Isuwen:
SPOILER TAGS.

We saw flore-ee-dah.

...barely
2007-03-26, 10:11 AM #9
If anything, the writers for BSG know how to end a season.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-03-26, 10:29 AM #10
This episode removed any doubt I had that the writers knew where they were going with the story. Season 4 is supposedly the last season, and they just got bumped (I think) to 22 episodes. I now firmly believe they know exactly what they plan to do, rather than just making it up as they go along.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2007-03-26, 10:52 AM #11
Originally posted by Darth J:
This episode removed any doubt I had that the writers knew where they were going with the story. Season 4 is supposedly the last season, and they just got bumped (I think) to 22 episodes. I now firmly believe they know exactly what they plan to do, rather than just making it up as they go along.

Yeah I really can't see BSG going into a 5th season.

11/12 Cylon models known.
Definitive proof that Earth exists.
Someone (supposedly) knows how to get there.
More things I can't think of right now...
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2007-03-26, 10:59 AM #12
Originally posted by Isuwen:
That song they were hearing? Only THEY heard it, and the followed the sound to it's 'source', that room they were in. It's pretty clear now that them + Kara are the final five.

Why didn't Sharon notice? Why did the sleeper 6 on pegusus? Cylons are indistinguishable from humans, we've known that since the start of the series. So, here's the series big secret you obviously haven't grokked: THE CYLONS ARE HUMAN.

No one knows for sure if Kara is the final fifth.

Cylons are probably not human, but rather the humans are cylons.

so like omg ur wrong lolol!!!!!!111
2007-03-26, 11:15 AM #13
That music could have been part of the "Switch" that makes them recognize they're cylons, and not something ANY cylon can hear.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2007-03-26, 11:20 AM #14
notice how they only heard it in full force when they jumped to that nebula?
and when they admitted they were cylons, the power switched back on?

I'm thinking its the proximity to earth thats doing it.

All of this has happened before and will happen again.

We also now have both male and female hybrid children.
2007-03-26, 7:20 PM #15
I like the idea that Kara is what spe coined "head-kara." She just appears to Apollo, much like the Six only appears to Baltar, and Baltar only appears to the Six.

So in a sense, starbuck is the arrow of Apollo, she's pointing him to Earth.

It was great. Loved it.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-03-28, 6:45 PM #16
Originally posted by happydud:
I like the idea that Kara is what spe coined "head-kara." She just appears to Apollo, much like the Six only appears to Baltar, and Baltar only appears to the Six.

So in a sense, starbuck is the arrow of Apollo, she's pointing him to Earth.

It was great. Loved it.

I like this theory.

I hated the song at the end though, it was way to grunge-rock for my taste and kind of ruined the moment (although even with the horrid music, I enjoyed the ending)
2007-03-28, 10:21 PM #17
I thought it was perfect
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-03-28, 10:31 PM #18
Horrid music? It was All Along the Watchtower, except not by Bob Dylan this time.

Again.

>.>
2007-03-28, 11:04 PM #19
Bob Dylan wrote it for Jimi Hendrix.
Pissed Off?
2007-03-28, 11:07 PM #20
Originally posted by Avenger:
Bob Dylan wrote it for Jimi Hendrix.

2007-03-28, 11:22 PM #21
Aye i'll say the hendrix version is better, but jesus... the dylan version of that song is ****ing spooky.

dont know why, its always put the ****s up me a little bit.
2007-03-29, 12:58 AM #22
Uhhh... Bob Dylan wrote it... and then Jimi Hendrix covered it.

Along with almost every single other band on earth. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Along_The_Watchtower#Cover_versions
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-03-29, 7:06 AM #23
Originally posted by Anovis:
Horrid music? It was All Along the Watchtower, except not by Bob Dylan this time.

Again.

>.>

Well as I said, this particular version was horrid. Grunge-rock style
2007-03-29, 1:25 PM #24
Now that we're here, you're so far away. :(
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-03-29, 1:48 PM #25
<3
2007-03-29, 2:57 PM #26
Michael Hedges playing All Along the Watchtower is one of the greatest things I have ever heard.

Also, the Dylan version makes me paranoid.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-03-30, 12:24 PM #27
It was a s***y episode, with a s***y version of an otherwise great song.
2007-03-30, 4:33 PM #28
I personally thought that the episode was pretty good (at least compared to how this season had been going for the past 5-10 episodes prior to the finale)

But I agree with you that the song was terrible.

↑ Up to the top!