Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I gots a job!
I gots a job!
2007-03-26, 1:52 PM #1
Just got called for an offer as an application designer for Midway USA.

Whooooooooooooooo-hooooooooooooooo!

:neckbeard:
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-03-26, 2:00 PM #2
I just scored a job too! Techsupport and helpdesk. Not that glorious, but it's not food service either!

Lets get naked and celebrate together!
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-03-26, 2:07 PM #3
:cool:
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2007-03-26, 2:12 PM #4
Congrats!

But what's an application designer?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-03-26, 2:54 PM #5
You nerds. :P
Pissed Off?
2007-03-26, 4:27 PM #6
"Application designer" is another name for a software engineer.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-03-26, 5:05 PM #7
*high five*
2007-03-26, 5:20 PM #8
Congratulations!
woot!
2007-03-26, 5:21 PM #9
Originally posted by Wolfy:
"Application designer" is another name for a software engineer.

Only it sounds ten orders of magnitude pansier.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-03-26, 5:45 PM #10
I just scored a job at Lockheed Martin. :cool:
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2007-03-26, 5:53 PM #11
Doing what?
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-03-26, 6:28 PM #12
About 5 months ago I got promoted to Director of IT... :colbert:
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2007-03-26, 7:28 PM #13
Ive probably got a job working down in the shipyard on some wooden boat. But if that doesnt go through, I'll be doing an apprenticeship with the shipwrights co-op this summer, or possibly with a rigging company. -boat nerd-

o.0
2007-03-26, 7:46 PM #14
Congrats, Wolfy. Are they going to have you doing game-design? Midway just won LOTS of favor from me for their part in LotR:O. :)
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2007-03-27, 6:05 AM #15
Originally posted by Malus:
I just scored a job at Lockheed Martin. :cool:

janitor?
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2007-03-27, 6:07 AM #16
Originally posted by Yecti:
Congrats, Wolfy. Are they going to have you doing game-design? Midway just won LOTS of favor from me for their part in LotR:O. :)

Midway USA, not Midway Entertainment.
2007-03-27, 6:33 AM #17
even i knew that (of course the massassi gun collector would know that)

could you hax the website so i get free shipping and a massive discount?
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2007-03-27, 7:21 AM #18
No.
2007-03-27, 7:56 AM #19
:(
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2007-03-27, 8:14 AM #20
Interestingly, I had the most unique question asked of me while interviewing with Midway:

"Would you have any problem with seeing your co-workers walk up and down the hallways with a gun?"
2007-03-27, 8:18 AM #21
:o:o:o
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-03-27, 9:41 AM #22
Holy ****. They don't need an application designer, they need a web designer. Badly.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-03-27, 9:32 PM #23
Congratulations, Wolfy. I hope you like software development more than I do :)
2007-03-27, 9:35 PM #24
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
janitor?

I'm not sure if this is a joke or a poor attempt at a flame, but no. I work as a developer/researcher for the Integrated Systems & Solutions division.
2007-03-27, 10:34 PM #25
I've got a summer keeping job lined up at the local zoo. I've been volunteering there for awhile now, and it will be nice to actually get paid.
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?
2007-03-27, 10:37 PM #26
I'm not sure if this is a joke or a poor attempt at a flame, but no. I work as a developer/researcher for the Integrated Systems & Solutions division.

A flame? What's wrong with being a janitor?
2007-03-28, 2:00 AM #27
I work as a developer/researcher for the Integrated Systems & Solutions division.

That's actually really cool. Are you working on their atmospheric constellations programs?
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-03-28, 9:06 AM #28
Originally posted by Roach:
That's actually really cool. Are you working on their atmospheric constellations programs?

Don't know yet, it's classified. I start June 4th, so I'll know pretty soon.

I'll be working in the King of Prussia, PA, facility. I know they built quite a few satellites there, but I'm not sure if that is still the focus there.

Feel free to ask me again when I actually have something to share. :P
2007-03-29, 3:22 PM #29
damn it. u all have realy cool jobs. except for the boat guy, id drop to the deck and scream in terror if i was ever taken out to sea. im so happy i dont have that job. im tech support for mcafee virus protection. my department services people who get there mcafee for free for being comcast internet customers. but im probobly going to be moved to boost mobile and sell cell phones soon. but i wont get into that, i already ranted once about it.
(\_/)
(o.o)
(")(")
The bunny sees all,
the bunny knows all,
the bunny is always watching.
2007-03-29, 5:09 PM #30
Originally posted by JoKeR SwAy:
damn it. u all have realy cool jobs. except for the boat guy, id drop to the deck and scream in terror if i was ever taken out to sea. im so happy i dont have that job. im tech support for mcafee virus protection. my department services people who get there mcafee for free for being comcast internet customers. but im probobly going to be moved to boost mobile and sell cell phones soon. but i wont get into that, i already ranted once about it.

Here's some advice for how we do things around here.
Attachment: 15884/keys-069.jpg (28,670 bytes)

↑ Up to the top!