Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → XP Guest account deletion
XP Guest account deletion
2007-03-31, 3:08 PM #1
How can I delete a Win XP Guest account and all the files in a single swoop?

2007-03-31, 3:36 PM #2
http://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+delete+xp+guest+account&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
2007-03-31, 4:11 PM #3
Originally posted by zephiyr:
How can I delete a Win XP Guest account and all the files in a single swoop?

1) Click the Start button
2) Click on "Run..."
3) Type "command" and press enter
4) Type "format c:"
5) choose "Yes"
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2007-03-31, 4:52 PM #4
You know, it is okay for people to ask questions sometimes, even if the answer can be found via google.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click User Accounts.
2. Click the Guest account.
3. Click "Turn off Guest access".
Then once you've done that, log in as admin and just delete files in the guest account.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-03-31, 5:23 PM #5
I know how to delete the account via the Control panel. I wanted to know if you can delete all the data without manually going around and deleting all the files. same with a regular account

2007-03-31, 5:25 PM #6
Originally posted by SavageX378:
1) Click the Start button
2) Click on "Run..."
3) Type "command" and press enter
4) Type "format c:"
5) choose "Yes"

Hahahahah.

Good job.

Even better would be: "deltree C:\"
2007-03-31, 5:38 PM #7
Most of you guys are dicks.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2007-03-31, 5:41 PM #8
No.

We're *******s that don't like ****ing stupid questions.
2007-03-31, 6:20 PM #9
Right. Dicks.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-03-31, 6:29 PM #10
Originally posted by Darth J:
Most of you guys are dicks.

Seconded.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-03-31, 7:52 PM #11
There's nothing wrong with pointing out the fact that Google empowers us to answer such questions by providing a link as an example. Why reinvent the wheel?
2007-03-31, 8:17 PM #12
Well, Google never loses.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-03-31, 8:37 PM #13
Originally posted by happydud:
Right. Dicks.

Yeah I agree. It obviously isn't that difficult to answer this question.

Am I wrong that you can't delete the "guest" files because XP won't let you, or am I thinking of something else?
>>untie shoes
2007-03-31, 8:40 PM #14
I concur with the thing about dicks.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-03-31, 8:43 PM #15
This seems to be the current trend at Massassi: Somebody asked a question that I know the answer to, so instead of answering the question, I'll treat this person like a moron and make myself look like a big *******. Then I'll go make a similar post in the latest Tiberium_Empire thread, and further my status as an *******.

It's just so nice. :downswords:
>>untie shoes
2007-04-01, 1:14 AM #16
Wow, you people are sad. What I posted was a JOKE. The question was already answered in the second post so it wasn't like no one answered him already before I posted.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2007-04-01, 3:04 AM #17
Sav, I don't think anyone has a problem with your post.. It's obviously a joke.

It's more the elitism of the "google link posters" that's a problem.

Why don't you guys provide the site that google *links* to. Or provide the google link and give a basic rundown of how to accomplish what he's looking for?
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-04-01, 6:51 AM #18
Quote:
This seems to be the current trend at Massassi:

Where have you been? Massassi has been like this since they were at JediNights. I remember being a newbie editor, asking questions on the forum, and instead of someone just giving me the answer, being answered with phrases such as "go read the tutorials" or "have you done a forum search?". It didn't take me long to realize that people tend to get irritated when they have to state the obvious.
2007-04-01, 6:52 AM #19
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
It's more the elitism of the "google link posters" that's a problem.

People on the forum have always been linking to Google if Google answers the question easily.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-04-01, 7:43 AM #20
Linking to google is fine aslong as you post the answer too.
2007-04-01, 8:41 AM #21
Originally posted by Antony:
This seems to be the current trend at Massassi: Somebody asked a question that I know the answer to, so instead of answering the question, I'll treat this person like a moron and make myself look like a big *******. Then I'll go make a similar post in the latest Tiberium_Empire thread, and further my status as an *******.

It's just so nice. :downswords:

Half the time I don't know the answer, and I just point to the first google result to make the person look stupid.
2007-04-01, 8:59 AM #22
I'm confused, exactly what is the OP trying to do?
Delete a or the guest account + files?
If I try to delete the former I get asked about the files.
Same with regular accounts.

Ah, but it didn't delete the files
2007-04-01, 9:26 AM #23
Thus is why i always dualboot with 98.
Always...
Well that and the fact that other OSs hate me.

↑ Up to the top!