Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Ledgend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (SPOILER PICTURES AND TEXT)
The Ledgend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (SPOILER PICTURES AND TEXT)
2007-04-01, 8:50 PM #1
Post your stats first of all...

Time: 42:00
Hearts: 15 (3/5ths)
Poe Souls: 45
Rupees: 600
Bugs Collected: 12
Times you had to change your pants because of the awesomeness of the game: Over 90

Second of all, where do you rank the game compared to the other Zelda games?

I'd honestly have to say this game takes the cake. Not because I just beat the game but because it was the Zelda game with the best overall gameplay. It had some of the most awesome dungeons in any Zelda game and it had the least amount of tedious tasks to perform (can you say WW sailing? Ugh.) The story was great and I loved the ending. At first I was a bit skeptical to see Midna in her true form of the Twlight Princess but when I finally saw her I was taken back. They did a really good job designing her. Also, I loved the fact that Zant was portrayed as a total badass, but at the end of the game you find out he's a complete tool and an ******. I think OoT (and even more in MM) had a really great starting town that you could interact with people in, but I think TP had a lot more entertaining side quests and shops that you could go into. This really was, for me at least, the best Zelda experience yet. Half of me can't wait for the next Zelda because it will have a lot better graphics and more of the same, the other half of me doesn't want another Zelda because this one seemed perfect!

Thoughts?
Attachment: 15928/tp.jpg (83,689 bytes)
Think while it's still legal.
2007-04-01, 9:14 PM #2
It was pretty good.

I think you're over reacting to how good it was, similarly to how you over react about how good everything you like is.
>>untie shoes
2007-04-01, 9:17 PM #3
this is the least tedious zelda yet. they finally fixed z-targetting and made it realistic 3d. its pretty great, but it would have been better on 360. :[
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2007-04-01, 9:17 PM #4
i actually agree for once, its an awesome game. there was only one guy that really frustrated me, it was that giant guy that had the ball and chain. i could not figure that one out for the life of me. everything else was really cool.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2007-04-01, 9:29 PM #5
Not the awesomeness that they showed off at E3 2 years ago. Stupid cartoon wolf platforming. Sucks.

(I haven't actually played the game. My opinion is snot. I'm just sore that it isn't the "adultlike" Zelda game I've waited for.)
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-04-01, 9:30 PM #6
yea, the ball and chain guy was annoying, and then i went 'ROLLAROUNDANDSTAB'.

Zant's battle is soooo freaking craaaaazy. and ganon's fights are EPIC

i just wished there was more of it after i beat it
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-04-01, 9:32 PM #7
Actually it totally is the adult Zelda game you've been waiting for.
2007-04-01, 9:33 PM #8
I also didn't really like the wolf parts... They were, like Kirby said, a bunch of annoying platforming.
>>untie shoes
2007-04-01, 9:40 PM #9
At first it was, but once you were able to choose between being a wolf or a person it was an entirely different story.
2007-04-01, 9:43 PM #10
I didn't like being a wolf. I didn't like anything about the twilight realm. It was annoying and not fun. The rest of the game was way fun, but not those portions.
>>untie shoes
2007-04-01, 10:27 PM #11
probably my least favorite zelda game.
2007-04-02, 12:10 AM #12
Probably my favorite Zelda game.
2007-04-02, 12:44 AM #13
Originally posted by Antony:
I also didn't really like the wolf parts... They were, like Kirby said, a bunch of annoying platforming.

Originally posted by Antony:
I didn't like being a wolf. I didn't like anything about the twilight realm. It was annoying and not fun. The rest of the game was way fun, but not those portions.

In other words, it zelda's version of "Xen".
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2007-04-02, 1:03 AM #14
i just noticed you spelled Legend wrong.
2007-04-02, 1:28 AM #15
I have not played the game yet. I do not own a wii and I dont plan to. At this point (after i no longer have my old one) buying a game cube would be assinine. I really want to play this and see what i think since i have been an avid Zelda fan since the first game, but i cant see it as being cost effective unless it is some day available on a different system. Sooner or later ill have a computer fast enough to run a gamecube emulator and ill just get the rom, though it is depressing to think ill have to wait that long.
(\_/)
(o.o)
(")(")
The bunny sees all,
the bunny knows all,
the bunny is always watching.
2007-04-02, 3:05 AM #16
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:

Well, it isn't Legond.

I thought we all reviewed this game monthes ago. In all those thousands of Wii threads.

I have the Gamecube version, the version that was designed to play as.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-04-02, 8:11 AM #17
Chances are I would have committed suicide if I had to do all that double hook shotting with my gamecube controller...or the arrow shooting on horse back. Wiimote roxorz.
2007-04-02, 8:12 AM #18
Originally posted by SavageX378:
In other words, it zelda's version of "Xen".

More or less. It's annoying jumping puzzles with fairly crappy controls.
>>untie shoes
2007-04-02, 8:35 AM #19
Kicked absolute *** on the Gamecube. Best Christmas present ever. My mom got my Final Fantasy X-2 (meh) and Twilight Princess. :D

One nice thing about the Wii - used Gamecube games are dirt cheap now. Although my GC is qoob'ed however.
2007-04-02, 9:28 AM #20
Originally posted by Victor Van Dort:
Chances are I would have committed suicide if I had to do all that double hook shotting with my gamecube controller...or the arrow shooting on horse back. Wiimote roxorz.

Bullcrap. Aiming the hookshot is easy with the GC controller, its precise and clean. And you don't need to aim while on horseback, just use Z-targeting.

With the regular controller, you can zoom in with ease. Not only that, you don't have throw your damn hands around doing a simple sword maneuver. I would be surprised if the motion-based action didn't get old and bothersome atfer a few hours.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-04-02, 9:54 AM #21
Originally posted by bradsh:
... zelda... 360. :[

Die.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2007-04-02, 9:55 AM #22
Zelda was the Wii game I played most relaxed. You don't have to throw your hands around, only a quick flick with the wrist is needed.
It's really nice that your left and right hand don't have to stay together with the Wiimote and Nunchuk. Thus you can sit back in whatever comfortable position you can find. With the classical controllers (I'm playing OoT over VC at the moment) you have to have your hands wedged together, which isn't really uncomfortable, but less comfortable than playing with independent hands.
Sorry for the lousy German
2007-04-02, 10:19 AM #23
Midna makes this game awesome.

I've yet to finish it though. Stupid Sols and twiligt wall masters >:(
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2007-04-02, 10:45 AM #24
Probably my favorite Zelda game.

Agreed:neckbeard:

Originally posted by Jon`C:
probably my least favorite zelda game.

DENIED:gonk:

My stats? First run through I beat it in like 43 hours. I then used a guide to clean up everything I hadn't gotten along the way and finished in 50-some odd hours.

I'm playing through again now, 11 heart containers, I just got the first Mirror of Twilight piece at Gerudo Desert. 30 poes I think. 18 hours playtime so far.

2007-04-02, 5:23 PM #25
Yeah it was an excellent game; it has one of the best pacing of any game I ever played. Aside from the ball and chain boss, the game seemed pretty easy other wise. I was surprised at what Midna looked like in human form though.
2007-04-02, 8:45 PM #26
Originally posted by The Mega-ZZTer:
Agreed:neckbeard:

DENIED:gonk:

My stats? First run through I beat it in like 43 hours. I then used a guide to clean up everything I hadn't gotten along the way and finished in 50-some odd hours.

I'm playing through again now, 11 heart containers, I just got the first Mirror of Twilight piece at Gerudo Desert. 30 poes I think. 18 hours playtime so far.

whats the point of spoiler tags in a SPOILERS marked thread? silly zzty

right now i'm at about 45 hours, but thats after beating ganon and then coming back to the pre-ganonfight save and running around getting stuff
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-04-02, 8:46 PM #27

Hahahaha. He can't even spell it right and it's on the ****ing box.

Way to go award winning poetry man.
2007-04-03, 7:05 AM #28
Originally posted by Echoman:
Bullcrap. Aiming the hookshot is easy with the GC controller, its precise and clean. And you don't need to aim while on horseback, just use Z-targeting.

With the regular controller, you can zoom in with ease. Not only that, you don't have throw your damn hands around doing a simple sword maneuver. I would be surprised if the motion-based action didn't get old and bothersome atfer a few hours.

Trust me, it's better on the Wiimote. Very much better.
2007-04-03, 1:44 PM #29
I concur with my webhoster.

Only problem I have with the Wiimote is that I have to lean back to get it to find the IR sensor. :( Pushing back my monitor a smidget mostly fixes it.

2007-04-03, 2:14 PM #30
The game kicks ***. My only complaint was I wanted more combat, but then I got to Cavern of Ordeals. Awesome stuff right there. Spoiler: My favorite part was when you have to take that imp camp or whatever in Gerudo Desert and the enemies just keep coming at you as you try to knock down the archers. Also, best final battle ever. I think it's awesome you go through, getting all these weapons and abilities, having these epic battles with crazy bosses, but in the end, it all comes down to whoever is the best swordsman.
My favorite boss of all time is still Dark Link from OoT, though.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2007-04-03, 2:29 PM #31
Originally posted by Echoman:

aiming is absolutely beautiful on the wii version but, yes, moving your arm to do a single canned sword swinging animation is counterintuitive and stupid.
2007-04-03, 2:33 PM #32
Originally posted by bradsh:
this is the least tedious zelda yet. they finally fixed z-targetting and made it realistic 3d. its pretty great, but it would have been better on 360. :[

No, it wouldn't have. It was fine on the Wii.

Originally posted by JediKirby:
Not the awesomeness that they showed off at E3 2 years ago. Stupid cartoon wolf platforming. Sucks.

(I haven't actually played the game. My opinion is snot. I'm just sore that it isn't the "adultlike" Zelda game I've waited for.)

Cartoon wolf platforming...meaning Okami sucks, despite being proclaimed one of the best games of 2006?
D E A T H
2007-04-03, 2:42 PM #33
Okami on the Wii would have been incredible. A killer app.
2007-04-03, 2:53 PM #34
Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
My favorite part was when you have to take that imp camp or whatever in Gerudo Desert and the enemies just keep coming at you as you try to knock down the archers.

That only happens if you FAIL at being STEALTHY. I liked how they didn't tell you specifically you had to be stealthy, but it was sorta inferred (enemies are resting, if you're spotted endless enemies come after you, etc).

On the other hand, at the Hidden Village , they tell you to be stealthy but it's just a normal enemy fight (just it hurts a lot of you fight them that way).

Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
Also, best final battle ever. I think it's awesome you go through, getting all these weapons and abilities, having these epic battles with crazy bosses, but in the end, it all comes down to whoever is the best swordsman.

Fishing rod :neckbeard:

↑ Up to the top!