Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Collection Agencies vs Dwarf Knight
Collection Agencies vs Dwarf Knight
2007-04-03, 4:18 PM #1
So we have 2 separate collection agencies on our tail for other people's screw ups. One is on my mother's case, and the other is on mine.

2 years or so ago I got a cat scan to see how blocked up my throat is (I recall making a thread about it here.) and all that jazz. We got statements saying that my father's insurance paid x amount, and the excess was so much, and then another statement saying that my mother's paid the rest. We owe: Zip.

There's now a collection agency harassing my mother and saying that she owed 180 some dollars for the bill. The last conversation with my mother went something like this:

Quote:
Man "Don't you feel responsible?"
Mom "No! I have a bill right here!"
Man "If you've got a bill, fax it. You have 7 days, or I will sue you for 3 times the amount."
Mom "But we're trying to pay off loans and the loaners are trying to increase our monthly payments and interest rates because of the red flag on our credit!"
Man "Too god damned bad. You have 7 days. *click*"

So she's sending him her paper and calling the attorney general's office. That'll all get fixed, of course, and the loans wont be effected.

But then I coincidentally get a collection agency saying I owe 500 dollars for the medicine and appointments I've been having for my acne treatment. I, of course, have statements saying that Medical Assistance paid it all in full. This is how the conversation went:

Quote:
Dwarf Knight "I'm sorry sir, there's been a mistake."
Man: *angry voice* "You owe me and my collection agency 500 dollars. Why can't you pay your bills?"
DK "Actually, I have a paid bill in my hands that claims otherwise. It clearly states that the "patient's responsibilities" equate to "zero." Do you REALLY want to risk you and your collection agency's image on this? I will counter sue you for 500 dollars plus the offset of my credit that you've caused."
Man *suddenly nice voice* "Uh.... Can you please fax me the bill?"
DK "It's snowing out, so I'll fax it tomorrow. Also, there's probably a red flag on my credit at the moment due to your snooping into my records. You might want to take that red flag down so you and I can stay friends."
Man "Of course. It's just a-you know, a procedure. I can take it-I will take it off right away. Sir. You're going to send that bill please?"

Yes, I'm bragging. I still feel proud. I made a man that's trained to be an *** into a "Yes sir" kind of a *****.

Post your success with telling people the business!
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-04-03, 4:45 PM #2
I got my English teacher fired my sophmore year because he wouldn't let me make up my work despite being hospitalized beyond my control (even when the entire rest of the staff would).

He insisted that it was his decision, and that I could have made the work up while I was in the hospital. Because I didn't, he thinks I am lazy and trying to get out of the work (despite the fact that I had already made up all the work by this point, he just wouldn't take it).

It ended up being that, with the help of my spanish teacher (who was an awesome man, I owe him immensely for everything he did), he was fired. We then talked the resulting sub teacher to pass me for the year.

He even went to the important meeting regarding the English teacher one night, when the baseball team was playing (he was a baseball coach).

Well anyway, that was more him than me, but I like telling that one. :p
2007-04-03, 7:49 PM #3
Originally posted by JediKirby:
So we have 2 separate collection agencies on our tail for other people's screw ups. One is on my mother's case, and the other is on mine.

2 years or so ago I got a cat scan to see how blocked up my throat is (I recall making a thread about it here.) and all that jazz. We got statements saying that my father's insurance paid x amount, and the excess was so much, and then another statement saying that my mother's paid the rest. We owe: Zip.

There's now a collection agency harassing my mother and saying that she owed 180 some dollars for the bill. The last conversation with my mother went something like this:

So she's sending him her paper and calling the attorney general's office. That'll all get fixed, of course, and the loans wont be effected.

But then I coincidentally get a collection agency saying I owe 500 dollars for the medicine and appointments I've been having for my acne treatment. I, of course, have statements saying that Medical Assistance paid it all in full. This is how the conversation went:

Yes, I'm bragging. I still feel proud. I made a man that's trained to be an *** into a "Yes sir" kind of a *****.

Post your success with telling people the business!

That's awesome, it's great when people like that get put in their place.
2007-04-03, 8:10 PM #4
I'm going through the same thing.

The dog bit me, on the face. Specifically he bit the **** out of my bottom lip and I had to get 4 stitches. I went to this place Immediate Care, and all they did was refer me to the hospital. I did however, give them my insurance info.

My insurance pays 100% of anything that is an emergency. (Emergency x-rays, surgery)

And on my statement it says they paid these *******s everything, and I owe nothing. But they still mail me a bill every month and call me. I don't even ****ing answer the phone anymore.
2007-04-04, 12:07 AM #5
seriously, take them to court. and i am dead serious! no joking, do it! if they dinged your credit and you DONT owe them, you can sue the S*** out of them, especially since it is affecting your monthly payments. you can seriously sue the crap out of these bastards!

... lol, sorry i just hate collection agencies, especially when they try to intimidate you. you should never have to put up with that crap. :hist101:
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2007-04-04, 4:09 AM #6
I have about fifty people calling me to try and collect from the guy who had my phone number before me. I cant sue any of them because there not really doing anything to my credit or costing me any money.

Basically, this guy "Jeff" who i actually met and i know where he lives (its even in my apartment building) racked up a whole bunch of debt and was dumb enough to let them get ahold of his phone number. now i get at least 2 or 3 calls a day (and some times as many as 10 to 20) from people looking for him to try and get money. its only an annoyance as far as every time i answer the phone theres a 50/50 chance that its somebody i want to talk to or one of them.

One by one i have been getting my phone number off there lists, but there always seem to be more. And MOST of the calls are by machines, that just keep cycling through there phone lists and telling you to call them at the number they give you (how ****ing lazy is that?). I hate talking to machines and so i very rarely ever call them back. Besides, sooner or later, if you dont call them, they will actually get off there lazy asses and dial the number in themselves to get you to speak with them.

Normally, i would raise hell with this guy but i happen to be on pretty good terms with our landlord, and it should come as no surprise that a guy who does not pay his bills is starting to fall behind in his rent. I am currently talking with her about some freinds of mine that i would like to have as neighbors, and when she gives him the boot i am going to clean the apartment for her. That means im going to get his security deposit as payment for the work, and anything in there that tickles my fancy becomes mine.

I think i can live with the phone calls. :D
(\_/)
(o.o)
(")(")
The bunny sees all,
the bunny knows all,
the bunny is always watching.
2007-04-04, 6:49 AM #7
Thank god I live in a country with a free health service and one where you can't sue everyone left right and centre.

>.>
nope.
2007-04-04, 7:00 AM #8
Except, "free health service" isn't really free, and has nothing to do with suing?
2007-04-04, 8:50 AM #9
I worded it a bit awkwardly.
nope.
2007-04-04, 10:00 AM #10
Originally posted by JoKeR SwAy:
when she gives him the boot i am going to clean the apartment for her. That means im going to get his security deposit as payment for the work, and anything in there that tickles my fancy becomes mine.

I think i can live with the phone calls. :D

that is pure genius :D

Originally posted by Baconfish:
Thank god I live in a country with a free health service and one where you can't sue everyone left right and centre.

>.>

how long does it take if you need an organ transplant, is it the same as over here where it take a while or is it relatively quick?
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2007-04-04, 11:12 AM #11
I would imagine it would take just as long. It's all a case of finding the donor really.
nope.
2007-04-04, 8:49 PM #12
Just a quick update: The second bill has been fixed, along with a deep nad sincere apology form the collection agency. My mother is still trying to set the other straight.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ

↑ Up to the top!