Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I need to rip a DVD to play on my phone
I need to rip a DVD to play on my phone
2007-04-08, 10:13 AM #1
As the title says, I need to rip a DVD to play on my phone but I have no idea how to go about it. First off, the phone is a Blackjack (Windows Mobile 5 smartphone). I need something that can rip straight from the DVD to my computer, then allow me to format it to fit my screen and have a small file size at the same time. I have a program that will format both file and screen size already, but only if it's not a WMV apparently. So if anybody knows a program that will rip from DVD to say mpeg, that would be awesome. Preferably free, of course.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2007-04-08, 10:38 AM #2
Google...
2007-04-08, 11:23 AM #3
That was easy.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-04-08, 5:37 PM #4
I suck. I searched but I guess not good enough. Thanks.
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2007-04-08, 8:57 PM #5
Kirbs, it's not that easy I guess. It's not free.

Does anybody use any FREE programs to rip DVD's?
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2007-04-08, 10:09 PM #6
One thing that I know for sure... As a windows mobile 5 device, the file will need to be ripped to .wmv format. (which sucks, but otherwise it won't play on your phone) I know this from experience.

As to what to use to get it to that format, I can't help you. Does Windows Media Player rip DVDs?

Or, if you own the DVD, you might try downloading a copy from p2p or torrent. Might be hard to find in .wmv format though, but probably easier to find a program for free that will convert it out of .avi than it is to find a program that can rip it. (is it ok to suggest that if he has the DVD? If not I'll edit this, or some admin can)
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-04-08, 11:04 PM #7
http://dvd-create.sourceforge.net/libdvdread-0.9.3.tar.gz

http://dvd-create.sourceforge.net/dvdbackup-0.1.1.tar.gz
2007-04-08, 11:12 PM #8
Sarn, I have CorePlayer which allows me to play pretty much any video file type (probably audio too) so I'm no longer limited to wmv. I've had so many problems with spending a lot of time downloading a movie from p2p and having it be crappy quality, wrong language, wrong movie etc. that I just don't want to mess with it anymore. Especially when I have the DVD sitting next to my desk and all I need is to copy it.

Mystic, it seems the two you suggested don't work with Windows, am I right? I forgot to mention that's the OS I'm using.
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2007-04-08, 11:59 PM #9
just read the source code

oh wait, forget it, it's glunix, it won't make sense
2007-04-09, 2:07 AM #10
I ripped some DVDs a few weeks ago...I used DVD Decrypter to get the VOBs and then DGIndex, Virtualdub and Avisynth to make the avi files. You can get all four of those things at Doom9.org.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-04-09, 5:40 AM #11
Originally posted by Crimson:
I've had so many problems with spending a lot of time downloading a movie from p2p and having it be crappy quality

You're want to play a movie on your phone and you're worried about quality?
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2007-04-09, 7:27 AM #12
No need for him to lower his standards just because he wants to be mobile. I'm biowsing from my phone now as I type with full functionality. Why shouldn't we be able to watch movies the same way?

[/soapbox]
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-04-09, 7:52 AM #13
Because you're not real people.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2007-04-09, 9:10 AM #14
Originally posted by TheJkWhoSaysNi:
You're want to play a movie on your phone and you're worried about quality?

I have a nice phone.
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today

↑ Up to the top!