Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Tonights southpark
Tonights southpark
2007-04-12, 12:04 AM #1
It was funny and everything, but I kept feeling like they were making fun of something. I couldnt quite put my finger on it :psyduck:
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2007-04-12, 8:27 PM #2
This is SOUTH PAAAARRRK!!!!!!
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2007-04-12, 8:51 PM #3
It was a pretty good episode. Weakest of the new season so far, but still above standard (and their standard is pretty high)
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2007-04-12, 9:41 PM #4
Back again
2007-04-12, 10:12 PM #5
I'm glad they brought the mexicans from the whale episode back. I love those guys.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2007-04-13, 5:06 AM #6
Si...
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2007-04-13, 5:10 AM #7
Si. My esse even wrote something back!
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2007-04-13, 6:51 AM #8
I thought the episode was far too heavy-handed in its comedy.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-04-13, 9:05 AM #9
To be honest, I thought it was very very weak. There was very little substance.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2007-04-13, 9:07 AM #10
Originally posted by Wolfy:
I thought the episode was far too heavy-handed in its comedy.

What did you expect? Remember, it's South Park. That's one of the reasons I don't watch the show anymore.
>>untie shoes
2007-04-13, 11:16 AM #11
South Park has been losing it's edge since around season 9. The older episodes always crack me up, and a lot of them are just plain creative. I think Matt and Trey are starting to lose some of that creativity. Episodes that have to rip off a movie plot to make jokes and keep the story moving just arent very funny or inspired. Both D-Yikes and the Easter Special fell flat for me, along with most of this season so far. Lice capades was just a joke. :psyduck:
2007-04-13, 1:52 PM #12
Yeah, I agree with the flinty guy.

I liked "The Snuke"'s style with the whole 24 thing but it just wasn't funny.

Good times with weapons was the bomb.

"Your Jew blood won't allow you to throw those away"

They haven't been ripping on political things lately.

I'm pretty sure Matt and Trey can relate Imus to...something outrageous as North Korea.

Hopefully South Park won't turn into the Simpsons...
Back again
2007-04-13, 2:01 PM #13
This season seems to have two different sorts of episode; the episodes were they relentlessly parody a movie or something throughout (24, 300, Da Vinci Code), or ones where they make really clever insights into politics or something by parallel to something entirely different. Both are funny, but it's the second sort that I really really love.
Like the '****** guy' episode, when the guy turns to the camera after 'People who annoy you' and says '******S!', I actually had to pause the episode and was constantly laughing for a good five minutes before I could continue. And then was in awe at Parker and Stone, for making such a cutting social commentary by reversal. And who else would think to cover the issue of global warming by hair lice? Some of the episodes are absolute genius, and even the ones that aren't are hilarious.
Eses, hehe.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2007-04-13, 2:51 PM #14
I will say this; the Easter episode was 100% pure gold. That was South Park its best.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2007-04-14, 12:15 PM #15
Cartman Sucks was hilarious.
I WANT TO BELIEVE
2007-04-15, 4:21 PM #16
I liked the slow motion coffee making sequence.

↑ Up to the top!