Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → F'ed up computer problem
F'ed up computer problem
2007-04-14, 4:17 PM #1
this is weird but my friend just bought Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 and is having a problem using it/ installing/ uninstalling it

Before when it was installed it kept saying that the MPEG2 codec needed to be installed so we uninstalled it and went to reinstall it but it keeps saying that it needs to have offical install even tho it already is. So it wont let you uninstall, we found a way to get it off by doing some stupid sh** so we installed and now it is saying that the install is "fake" i guess and wants us to reinstall but it just keeps giving us the same dam error and it wont let us uninstall... how can we fix this problem?
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2007-04-14, 5:23 PM #2
I was considering upgrading from 7 to 9 but after seeing this post, I don't think I'll bother :P
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2007-04-14, 6:32 PM #3
Roxio hasn't make a working piece of software since... well... ever.
2007-04-14, 8:53 PM #4
That's not true. Roxio makes Toast for Mac. It works wonderfully.
2007-04-14, 9:15 PM #5
I think you just got lucky.

Roxio's software has been known to interfere with all sorts of crap.
2007-04-14, 9:18 PM #6
EMC for PC is total ****, I agree with you there.

However I have used Toast on countless Mac computers (I have myself used versions 6, 7 and 8), and never had a problem. It is non-invasive, and actually adds a lot of functionality to other applications, such as Divx playback in Quicktime. No need to instead the official Divx package, as it sucks major balls for Mac.

↑ Up to the top!