Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Video editing in Wax
Video editing in Wax
2007-04-14, 7:19 PM #1
A few weeks ago I posted a video editing topic and some people suggested I use Wax. I'm trying it out now, but no audio plays when I preview my movie. I have dragged the audio track along with the video one into the timeline, but nothing (the audio isn't on disable, either).

In project settings the audio box is greyed out. Help?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-04-14, 7:30 PM #2
Use their tech support and or FAQ?

I'd say RTFM but that should probably be obvious by now..
2007-04-14, 7:38 PM #3
I did check the manual. I'm posting here because there's at least two people who are knowledgeable. Jesus.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-04-14, 8:56 PM #4
If it's anything like Avid, most onboard sound cards are unsupported by the program. With Avid, you don't need anything wonderful, just a brand name sound card (Creative, M-Audio, MOTU, Digidesign, Edirol, Presonus, etc).

Don't know if this applies to Wax, though. So maybe that wasn't so helpful. Have you checked out their forums?
2007-04-15, 3:08 AM #5
It's a bug in Wax. Audio in preview is dodgy at best, and typically only works (dodgily) with .wav files, and not the audio that goes along with the video. Make sure you drag the audio to the timeline and then render, selecting the appropriate codec/quality.

If you need to scrub the audio to sync up with the video, export video only and use VirtualDub to fix it up.

Unfortunately with free software, most of the time you get what you pay for. Wax is pretty good for video editing, but shoddy when it comes to audio. The developers have known about the problem for a while now, they just haven't really been releasing updates.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.

↑ Up to the top!