Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Nintendo Wii!
Nintendo Wii!
2007-04-18, 7:10 AM #1
When's the last time someone saw one available in a store? Is it difficult to just walk in and buy one?

I havn't kept up with this stuff at all.
former entrepreneur
2007-04-18, 7:24 AM #2
Some people think the demand is too high, others think that Nintendo is making an artificial shortage (who knows why)

I think, personally, that they are holding back on opening more factories to make Wiis. What happens when the demand goes down and the gimmick wears off? Having to fire all those people in the factories wouldn't be good.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-04-18, 7:32 AM #3
I think people are going to be kinda bored with the whole idea in a year or so and the whole "we would like to play" ad campaign is gonna die off soon due mainly to the fact that they're only advertising the system and the way it controls. They need to start advertising more content as opposed to "features" offered by the system. The only problem with doing that, is the fact that many people will look at the graphics and say "this looks about as good as an xbox game."
>>untie shoes
2007-04-18, 8:16 AM #4
There were at least two Wiis and several remotes, nunchucks, and copies of Zelda when I was in EB Games yesterday.
2007-04-18, 8:45 AM #5
I haven't seen any. In fact, I've had problems just getting a nunchuck controller. I've been looking since november and finally found ONE in toys r us two days ago. Other than Zelda and Excite Truck, there aren't that many good games anyway. Most of them are collections of minigames that have you waving your hands around like morons. Hopefully more developers will take the platform seriously and make really good games like zelda and excite truck, rather than the gimmicky ones.
2007-04-18, 9:19 AM #6
No shortages in Germany. It's not a problem to get a Wii here.
Sorry for the lousy German
2007-04-18, 11:47 AM #7
Originally posted by Steven:
There were at least two Wiis and several remotes, nunchucks, and copies of Zelda when I was in EB Games yesterday.

You were lucky, then, to have nunchucks in your city at all. Whenever we get a box from Nintendo, it's a dozen wiimotes and a couple nunchucks (And the half dozen Wii-Plays don't help the ratio of remote-nunchuck any)

We have plenty of zelda though.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-04-18, 12:18 PM #8
Originally posted by Brian:
I haven't seen any. In fact, I've had problems just getting a nunchuck controller. I've been looking since november and finally found ONE in toys r us two days ago. Other than Zelda and Excite Truck, there aren't that many good games anyway. Most of them are collections of minigames that have you waving your hands around like morons. Hopefully more developers will take the platform seriously and make really good games like zelda and excite truck, rather than the gimmicky ones.

Super Paper Mario just came out. If you liked Paper Mario for the Gamecube, I'm pretty sure you'll like this. I got to play a friend's copy for a little bit, and it's funny and fun. :)

I'd say you're right about the needing of "good" games, and really, I agree, but the Wii's having a better game line-up than the N64 or Gamecube did during their first years, from what I remember.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2007-04-18, 12:20 PM #9
My TRU always has tons of remotes and nunchucks, but no systems.

Toys R Us is holding them for release on Sunday, April 22nd though.

↑ Up to the top!