Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Spider-Man 3 Villans... Don't participate if u havn't seen Spider-Man 2....
Spider-Man 3 Villans... Don't participate if u havn't seen Spider-Man 2....
2004-07-18, 7:38 AM #1
Ok, Sam Raimi said in an interview that the original script for Spider-Man 2 called for 2 villans, but the 2nd one was cut out, because he wanted to spend more time on the Peter/MJ story. Most of the rest was left the same. The way I see it, since this un-named villan was cut out of SM2, he will more than likely be in Spider-Man 3. Let's look at the Clues.

When SM2 was first announced, the fact that it had 2 villans was confirmed at www.imdb.com as having Dr. Octopus and The Lizard. After a while, they took off the Lizard, and said it would be only Doc Ock. Also, in Spider-Man 2, they went to lengths to prepare future villans.

1. Harry Osborn (Green Goblin 2)
2. Dr. Kurt Conners (The Lizard)
3. John Jameson (Man-Wolf)

Ok, now given the ending of SM2, Harry Osborn will Def. be in it as the Green Goblin 2. If not, he'll hire someone to kill Spider-Man or Peter and give them the glider, and then Hobgoblin could be the villan...

HARRY OSBORN IS NOT THE HOBGOBLIN....

Now, if Green Goblin 2 is in SM3, I can see them doing a 2 things to make it not seem like we're all just watching SM 1 again.

1. Completely Redesign the Goblin Suit, so it seems like a diff villan.
2. Introducing a 2nd villan to keep the story fresh. In all likelyhood this will be the Lizard because Man-Wolf didn't happen till later, and frankly, it's just LAME...

Here's my Ideal Spider-Man 3....

The first 20 mins will be of a Space expedition, shows some astronauts doing something on a meteor or on the moon... One of them seems distracted by something.. when we get a closer look it turns out to be John Jameson, still upset about his Illfated marrage to Mary Jane Watson. He then stumbles upon a black mineral than looks nothing like he has ever seen before. He returns to earth so that the new mineral can be studied. On the way back, John makes a stupid mistake because he is upset over MJ, and because he is arrogant (like in SM2- he always has to remid people that he's a military man and he goes to the moon... what a ***hole) The shuttle/craft crashes.

Spider-Man, hearing about the crash, races to the site to help anyone who lived through the crash. When he gets there, he saves them, and in the process comes in contact with the black mineral. It seems slimy when he touches it, and it liquifies almost instantly when he touches it... It gets all over him, and he flees the scene. After a few seconds, Spider-Man is completely covered with the black substance.. as he is trying to get it off, it instandly vanishes into his clothes, as if it turned into his clothes.

Next day, Spider-Man is swinging, and here comes the Green Goblin... "What? I thought he was dead!!" Spider-Man and Goblin go at it for a while, and Spider-Man gets his but kicked.. BAD... Goblin is about to kill him, when his clothes change back to the black liquid and quickly cover his body and shoots out some of itself to stop the goblin's attack... Spider-Man has no Choice but to continue fighting, as he does, he realizes that not only has the black tar like substance taken the form of HIS suit, but black, but it is also augmenting his Spider Powers... making him stronger and faster, and in essence, saving his life. Spider-Man gets away as soon as he can, because he is freaked out by his new suit and he wants to figure it out. Spider-Man is amazed at how ealisly he could defeat Goblin after he got the black suit, as opposed to how bad he was getting his butt kicked. A little frightened, he goes to Dr. Conners, the only man he thinks he can trust with his secret.

Shows Conners in a Lab, working on an Experement that he attempts to hide when Peter Parker walks in. Peter explains that he is Spider-Man, and shows Conners the Black Suit. Conners is amazed by the suit, and does a series of tests on it. He concludes that it is a Symbiot (likely extra terrestrial) and it lives by bonding with the Human DNA. He also concludes that the suit is actually ALIVE with it's own desires, and since it's alien, it's motives for doing something may be equally alien, and it would be better if Peter got rid of his new friend (his black suit) Right around this time, Goblin breaks in and terrorizes. Dr. Conners runs to protect his secret experiment he was working on when parker came in, but in the process an accident happens and there is an explosion... Spider-Man could not get Conners out in time. Peter feels he is to blame and feels extreme sorrow. The symboit, never experiencing human emotion before is horribly confused, and it also feels some how changed by Peter's emotion. Peter then hears on the news that Dr. Conners body was not found. It then explains that Dr. Conners was transformed into the lizard by the explosion because of his experiment he was working on. He was trying to use the regenerative properties of a lizard to re-grow his missing arm, but the explosion some how ended all his hopes of ever being normal. Dr. Conners blames Spider-Man, and comes for him as the Lizard. After a few battles the Lizard is dispatched by the Green Goblin. This Enrages Spider-Man even more, and this emotion effects the symboit also... Spider-Man seems unstopable, and he beats Goblin like a ragdoll. They happen to be fighting in a Church Bell Tower. Spider-Man is distroying the Goblin, when the Goblin's mask comes off, to reviel to Spider-Man that Harry Osborn was the Goblin all along, but the suit don't care, it continues to beat Osborn. Spider-Man is now trying to stop his suit from coming off his body in waves to kick Harry's ***. Spider-Man is now trying frantically to get the suit off before it kills Harry, and at that moment the church bell starts ringing. The symboit (coming from space) isn't use to Loud Noise, and it starts to weaken, Spider-Man is also caught off gaurd by the bell. On the bell's back swing, it nearly hits Spider-Man which would obviously knock him off the tower to his death, but the suit interveins, and saves peter's life in exchange for it's own. The Symboit crawls off weak and dieing. Peter then takes Harry (who is unconcious) back to his house, and we get a "revisited" feel from when Spider-Man did this for the first Green Goblin.
The screen now switches back to the Symboit, still at the church, and in agony. All of a sudden, the Symboit feels emotions... strong emotions comeing from the chapel. The symboit slides to the alter and finds Eddie Brock, Previously Employed by the Daily Bugel. He is praying for forgiveness for attempting to commit suicide. The Symboit feels the pain of Brock, and goes to him. When it bonds with Brock, it gets more than it bargained for. Brock's powerful emotions fill the Symboit, and it is too much for the Symboit to handle, especially in it's weakened state. This drives the Symboit insane, and Brock wonders off into the night screaming.

THE END

Then we get to see Spidey Vs. Venom in Spider-Man 4... HURRAY FOR VENOM!!

------------------
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-07-18, 7:45 AM #2
how long did it take you to think that up?^

Other than you having waaay too much time on your hands, that sounds like a better movie than sm 2, which was better than sm 1, so that leads us to believe that sm 4 will be the best movie of all time.

------------------
It is I who decides who lives and who dies!
I am the destroyer, the taker of life!
It is my will that this planet, and all who dwell on it, BE ANNIHILATED!
It is I who decides who lives and who dies!
I am the destroyer, the taker of life!
It is my will that this planet, and all who dwell on it, BE ANNIHILATED!
2004-07-18, 8:09 AM #3
While all that is rather plausible, especially compared to what I'm proposing, I'd still think it'd be awesome if they brought out Venom and/or Carnage. They were my favorite Spiderman villians.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2004-07-18, 8:42 AM #4
That was the point of putting the black suit in my synopsys... cause they need to have spiderman have the black suit for at least 1 movie before they introduce Venom... and they have to introduce Venom before they introduce Carnage... and it's rather obvious that Venom and Carnage Won't be in 3.. so we can hope for 4... by putting the black suit in 3... VENOM is my favorite... all the others are dumb... I should make a Venom Skin for JK... or something...

------------------
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-07-18, 8:54 AM #5
But most of the actor's are only doing the 3 movies. :\
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-07-18, 9:14 AM #6
Am I the only one that thinks that Harry won't be another green goblin?
Yet Another Massassi Map | Sadly I Have a Blog Too
2004-07-18, 9:47 AM #7
They actually said venom was going to be in 3...I hope it's true [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] He's so cool. My favorites bad guy ever.

------------------
Haggis: "For God's sake, snap out of it man! That bottle is empty! It's been empty since the first day we got to this godforsaken place and you drank it all! You're losing touch with reality!"
Otter stares at Haggis, a suspicious expression on his face.
Otter: "You just want my whiskey! I'm on to you!"
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-18, 10:09 AM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Aaron:
Am I the only one that thinks that Harry won't be another green goblin?</font>

Let's see...

1. He's hearing the Goblin laugh
2. He's seeing Daddy in mirrors
3. He didn't seem too mad he found the Goblin hideout
4. He knows who Spidey is

Sounds like another couch potato to me too. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-07-18, 10:16 AM #9
yah ^ and he was wearing the green tie at the wedding in the end of 2. possibly a sign that he already went into the chamber witht he gas from the green tube he found, and is already crazy.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|My Portfolio|My Levels
2004-07-18, 10:21 AM #10
I really doubt we're going to get the whole space exploration or "black suit" thing in Spiderman 3. Only hardcore fans are going to understand those things, since there's absolutely no foreshadowing of it in the other two movies. Plus, the concept's a bit too sci-fi compared to the other two movies, so it probably wouldn't 'fit' with the rest of the trilogy.
2004-07-18, 10:22 AM #11
I heard that Sam Raimi (the director) doesn't like Venom, and doesn't want to use him.

------------------
"Church, women are like Voltron, the more you can hook up, the better it gets!"
-Tucker
Red vs Blue

Ph34r t3h Cute Ones
"I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."

-Calvin
2004-07-18, 10:27 AM #12
Well the introduction of John Jameson in the movie leads you to believe that he will be used for another reason then just to be MJ's future husband, dont you think?

Also, if they try their best to stick to the comic book, then Harry is GB 2. Also...at the very end of the movie, when MJ is look out the window at Spiderman swinigng off, the sillhoutte of the GB 2 is in her Window Pane.

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-07-18, 10:48 AM #13
I think it was pretty obvious that Harry is going down the same road as his father. Aside from the less obvious fore-shadowing, the end of the movie pretty much laid it all out.

As for a second villian, I don't really care who they choose because venom and the lizard and carnage are all really cool.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-07-18, 11:19 AM #14
If you play the game, its Rhino who make a wierd apperance in the Spiderman 2 game.

------------------
Attack of the Clones TC For Jedi Outcast

http://www.aotctc.com

Clone Wars Project
2004-07-18, 11:19 AM #15
Mostly Mysterio

------------------
Haggis: "For God's sake, snap out of it man! That bottle is empty! It's been empty since the first day we got to this godforsaken place and you drank it all! You're losing touch with reality!"
2004-07-18, 11:20 AM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Clueless_of_Morg:
I heard that Sam Raimi (the director) doesn't like Venom, and doesn't want to use him.

</font>

*sigh* Looks like me and Sammy are gonna have a little heart to heart.

------------------
Truth is in the eye of the beholder.
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2004-07-18, 12:02 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evil_Tofu:
But most of the actor's are only doing the 3 movies. :\</font>

No, they've onyl signed up for three. The can always sign on for more, and it is very probable that they will, since the movies are doing so incredibly well.

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²[/i]
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-07-18, 12:09 PM #18
Dunst said she won't, and I am thankful.

------------------
Baby Mama's Drama
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2004-07-18, 12:09 PM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ubuu:
Well the introduction of John Jameson in the movie leads you to believe that he will be used for another reason then just to be MJ's future husband, dont you think?</font>

WEll, first off, he won't be MJ's future husband. she left him at the altar with was rahter incredibly mean of her, but whatever. its not happening.

------------------
-Outlaw Star
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
A Knight's Tail
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²

-----@%
2004-07-18, 12:30 PM #20
You clearly know your SM. I seriously think your mini-script for SM3 kicks the hell out of the last two.
"I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a person is, the more likely it is for that person to have extreme prejudices." -Clint Eastwood
2004-07-18, 12:31 PM #21
They could introduce Morbius and do a Spider-Man/Blade crossover movie. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
2004-07-18, 12:33 PM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zuljin:
Dunst said she won't, and I am thankful.

</font>

Ditto. She is a horrible MJ. MJ was supposed to be hawt.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-07-18, 12:43 PM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Noble Outlaw:
No, they've onyl signed up for three. The can always sign on for more, and it is very probable that they will, since the movies are doing so incredibly well.

</font>

Both McGuire and Dunst have said they aren't doing it again, and I don't want to see them switch the actor for Spider-man in between movies.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-07-18, 12:44 PM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evil_Tofu:
Both McGuire and Dunst have said they aren't doing it again, and I don't want to see them switch the actor for Spider-man in between movies.</font>

they have? why? they movies are making heaps of money. why don't they want to stay on?

------------------
-Outlaw Star
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
A Knight's Tail
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²

-----@%
2004-07-18, 2:33 PM #25
IMO Spiral I really liked your mini-script.

Yeah, why wouldn't they hang on atleast for the money?

And IMO Toby McGuire IS Peter parker now.

Hes just perfect, I think the role is good for him. Hes doing a great job too.

It'd suck to have SM3 without Toby McGuire

dunst, meh, might be a bit weird having a diff actor for MJ but I could cope.

------------------
"Judging by the name of the author, and the name of the work, I'd guess it's an energy "beam". You know, like in the Japanese cartoons where those guys with big hair fly around, talk philosophy, and shoot fireballs at each other." - Hellequin
*insert some joke about pasta and fruit scuffles*
2004-07-18, 2:39 PM #26
No Ober, the signed up for a trilogy, but both have said they don't want to do anymore.

Warning, course language.
2004-07-18, 2:54 PM #27
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Ditto. She is a horrible MJ. MJ was supposed to be hawt. </font>

[http://nude.maxcelebrities.com/kirsten_dunst/sexy_kirstengoi.jpg]

------------------
2004-07-18, 3:00 PM #28
Sajn's got a good point there.

------------------
I figure that one day I'll either be famous, or in prison. But I guess if I'm going to prison, I should probably try to do something that would make me famous anyway.
>>untie shoes
2004-07-18, 5:05 PM #29
In the comics and in the FOX network cartoon, Harry Osborn also becomes the Green Goblin. Hobgoblin was two different people because the second assasinated the first. The first was Ned Leeds, who was a very wicked chemist. Hijacked the Green Goblin gear and glider, made some suit modifications, took the syrum, and was hella wicked with pumpkin bombs ( had one that had a gas that shut down the Spider-sense for a while). Second Hobgoblin was Jason Macintile( not sure how to spell that one.) A touch of chemistry, but not as good as Leeds. Enough to follow formulas left behind though. Anyway, I like the script so far, except they need to introduce the disgruntled Eddie Brock at the very start of the movie. The only other thing I think should change is following the Cartoon a bit more. Spider-man should have the gunk on him, but just decides its oil or something and washes it. While he's sleeping, the symbiote comes off his clothes and bonds with Spidey. He wakes up outside, hangin on a wall with the new suit. Learns what it does and goes with the flow. Other than that, not a bad story line, Sprial.

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

"I'm seriously going to hump you until you scream like a banshee!"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-07-18, 7:12 PM #30
that would make one hell of a movie. Bravo.

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-07-18, 7:23 PM #31
Raimi won't do Venom.

That's SUPER tragic. So, when Meguire and Dunst leave and we get Jake Gyllenhal and *some young thing* in the roles, with Spiral as director......

We're set for Maximum Carnage, right?

/me loved those books
/me can't spell

------------------
"If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?"
"If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?"
2004-07-18, 8:28 PM #32
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> how long did it take you to think that up?^
</font>

As long as it took him to remember the Spiderman TV show, or perhaps the comics. That would be awesome.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2004-07-19, 5:57 AM #33
Well, Raimi said that He might do movies past 3, depending on weither he is still interrested in the charactors... Toby said he'd do more than 3 if his health premits it... Dunst said no movies past 3... but that's ok, cause I've been hearing she gets killed in 3... then we can have Felicia Hardy finially introduced (Flash Tompson's REAL gf.... Flash never had a thing for MJ)...

Also, about the Games... I feel that they are using Side villans for the games, because they won't be in any of the movies. That's why Hobgoblin hasn't been used yet, or the lizard.... these are villians that they can't base an entire game off of, (if they were basing it off of a movie) so they put them in as side charactors.

------------------
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-07-19, 8:34 AM #34
If they follow the comics, they better not friggin kill MJ.

MJ eventualy becomes spidermans wife and they have a kid together (daughter if i remember correctly, in a 'what if' comic series, they had spider girl, parkers daughter who inherited via genetics, the spider abilities.... but thats going to far off topic.)

venom is by far THE coolest villian and they BETTER have him in the new one.

------------------
Inter arma silent leges
The Gas Station
2004-07-19, 10:24 AM #35
I don't think mj ever ded in the comics, i was sure that she got pregnant and parker gave up being spiderman and handed the job over to ben reilly. Also it would be great to have venom in the next movie, but i never liked carnage so i hope he aint in it, and to clarify was carnage cleatus cassiday?

------------------
If you can read this you don't need glasses
nope.
2004-07-19, 11:07 AM #36
Yes, Carnage was Cletus Kassady. MJ doesn't die in the comic books and your right about Ben Riley. However, they might take the cartoon way out with this one. MJ "disappears" in that one( FOX never had the balls to show death in their cartoons.) And they never introduced Gwen Stacy.

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

"I'm seriously going to hump you until you scream like a banshee!"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-07-19, 1:33 PM #37
Wasn't the first movie based off of a comic.. I read that it was supposta be Gwen Stacy instead of MJ that he drops off of the bridge, and when spider-man goes to save her, he shoots a web at her, but the recoil breaks her neck

------------------
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-07-19, 1:39 PM #38
How cool would THAT have been? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-07-20, 7:52 AM #39
Thats what does happen in the comic, Parker falls for gwen stacy and the GG throws her off the bridge and spiderman accidently kills her trying to save her, then he gets pissed off and nearly beats the green goblin to death, when the Green gobin gets a chance, he distracts parker and the glider comes after him, but he jumps out of the way and the glider impales him against the bridge.

they sort of followed the comics in that sense, the Green gobin died the same way, but the circumstances leading to it and the exaxt way/location was diffrent.

------------------
Inter arma silent leges

[This message has been edited by Grant (edited July 20, 2004).]
The Gas Station
2004-07-20, 7:55 AM #40
The ps2 game ended in a similar way to that

------------------
If you can read this you don't need glasses
nope.

↑ Up to the top!