Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → My dad just picked up 2 Wii's
My dad just picked up 2 Wii's
2007-04-20, 8:34 AM #1
My dad got a chance to play the wii it at his friends house; and he actually went out and bought two :o I havent even had a chance to try one out and next thing I know he called me up with this piece of news. He got it for 285 CAD (bout 252 USD) flat with a region free mod and an extra wii-mote for each system.

So what games are must haves? Keep in mind this is my first nintendo system since SNES! So any awesome games i'm missing out please fire them this way

= ]
\(='_'=)/
2007-04-20, 8:41 AM #2
My Toys R Us is supposed to have 54 on Sunday.
2007-04-20, 8:45 AM #3
Are you planning to pick one up?
\(='_'=)/
2007-04-20, 8:51 AM #4
Zelda: Twilight Princess - MUST HAVE

Excite Truck - I hate racing games and if I didn't own Zelda this would be my most played game. I absolutely love this game to death. My friends love it too.

Super Paper Mario - A mash of RPG elements with a ridiculous amount of hilarious text driven dialouge and side scrolling goodness. I would consider it a must have, but I know it isn't everyones bag.

If you are looking for a good party game I'd suggest Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, but the game gets old fast if you play it alone. Or you could just wait for Mario Party 8 to come out in a few weeks.
Think while it's still legal.
2007-04-20, 10:10 AM #5
Originally posted by silent_killa:
My dad got a chance to play the wii it at his friends house; and he actually went out and bought two :o I havent even had a chance to try one out and next thing I know he called me up with this piece of news. He got it for 285 CAD (bout 252 USD) flat with a region free mod and an extra wii-mote for each system.

So what games are must haves? Keep in mind this is my first nintendo system since SNES! So any awesome games i'm missing out please fire them this way

= ]

Um...they ARE region free...iirc.
D E A T H
2007-04-20, 10:20 AM #6
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Um...they ARE region free...iirc.

No, they aren't.
2007-04-20, 10:32 AM #7
Since you haven't had a system since the SNES era, you'll want to look at the Gamecube games, since you can play them on your Wii (though you'll need to by a GC controller and memory card too -- I imagine they're getting pretty cheap with the Wii out).

Some Gamecube games to look into:
-anything Zelda
-Resident Evil 4 (note, however, you might want to wait on the Wii version to come out)
-Super Smash Bros. Melee
-Soul Calibur 2
-Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
-1080 Avalanche (I personally think this game is under-rated)
-MarioKart: Double Dash!!
-Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requim

Also, the Wii virtual console has some pretty classic N64 games that you can buy/download, so you might want to look into those.

N64 games out so far to my knowledge (all good):
-Super Mario 64
-Star Fox 64
-MarioKart 64
-Zelda: Ocarina of Time

As for Wii games, SAJN pretty much covered the major ones, I think.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2007-04-20, 6:05 PM #8
List of top 20 games based on average review scores resides here.

TRU, CC, and BB are definitely getting some on Sunday. I don't know about BB and TRU, but for CC the ad says vouchers are to be handed out an hour before opening. I'll be picking one up for sure.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2007-04-20, 6:22 PM #9
Quote:
My dad just picked up 2 Wii's

last night i picked up my wii, and i didn't put it down

your dad picked up two? His and yours, right?
2007-04-20, 6:44 PM #10
lol penis joke lol
2007-04-20, 10:10 PM #11
Originally posted by Mystic0:
last night i picked up my wii, and i didn't put it down

your dad picked up two? His and yours, right?

Yeah, he resides in Hong Kong; and I live in Canada.

Thanks for all the recommendation guys. Looks like I'll be having one hell of a summer. I've been putting off the 360 as well because of uni; but man... i cant wait until exams are over... Ima game to my thumbs are numb :D
\(='_'=)/
2007-04-20, 10:39 PM #12
Dragonball Z Tenkaichi 2 is superb in my opinion. But you probably have to have been a fan of the show at some point.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2007-04-21, 10:02 AM #13
Originally posted by Acharjay:
Dragonball Z Tenkaichi 2 is superb in my opinion. But you probably have to have been a fan of the show at some point.

Prepare to be flamed by Rob. :rolleyes:

But yeah, that game is awesome.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2007-04-21, 10:22 AM #14

A friend of mine said that game sucks balls.
>>untie shoes
2007-04-21, 4:21 PM #15
Originally posted by silent_killa:
Yeah, he resides in Hong Kong; and I live in Canada.

Can you guys play together via some sort of internet magickery?
That's the whole idea of the system, I understand. To bring people together and whatnot.

-I'm not familliar with the Wii's connectivity, but I remember Gamecube's never truly materialized.
2007-04-21, 4:36 PM #16
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
Prepare to be flamed by Rob. :rolleyes:

Subject matter = stupid

Game = neat to play

They could have just made it a giant robot battle game and it would have been about 900% better.
2007-04-21, 5:21 PM #17
Super Paper Mario and Zelda.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-04-21, 6:56 PM #18
Quote:
Can you guys play together via some sort of internet magickery?

i heard nintendo will soon roll out it's new "penis over IP" technology. But until then...
2007-04-22, 12:36 AM #19

I hated that show so much.

I love this game so much.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2007-04-22, 9:40 AM #20
I am pleased to announce that I am a proud owner of a new Wii. In fact, this post was typed on my Wii. Hooray!
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2007-04-22, 9:53 AM #21
Wii Play's minigames are awesome. Want to stop alien invaders from abducting your Miis? How about a game of pool? Want to see how many scarecrows you can run over with a charging cow?

2007-04-22, 9:59 AM #22
I'm double posting to get used to typing on the Wii. It was funny this morning, I showed up at CC an hour before opening to pick up my voucher. There were 4 people, myself included. Next door is TRU, which opens an hour after CC, and there is already a guy waiting. When I show up an hour later, I walk right in and pick up my Wii. Next door, there are about a dozen people in front of TRU. I go to BB, 3 blocks away to pick up Paper Mario and component cables cause CC didn't have any. Next to the door is a cart with twenty-odd Wiis. Morons in front of TRU are still waiting in line.

This post took forever to type btw. Probably the last post I make from my Wii.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2007-04-23, 1:37 PM #23
sorry for the late replies, I had a few exams. Its awesome how you picked up one too Ric_Olie. Did TRU have a lot in stock? I still havent seen the Wii yet cause im not going back to Hong Kong until next weekish.
\(='_'=)/

↑ Up to the top!