Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → PDA Theme beta 0.5
PDA Theme beta 0.5
2007-04-21, 5:50 PM #1
Yep, I am finally finished with the basic PDA theme for you all.

It's basic among basics, and only really intended for browsing the forums, making new topics, and replying so far. (In other words, I haven't even touched the UserCP or the Search pages, so they're horizontal-scroll madness)

Feel free to try it out and let me know what you think. I created it using a 240px screen as my basis, but it should resize to larger screens just fine. (Those with even smaller ones might find the message boxes too big and a LOT of scrolling. Can't be helped)

Edit2: I think I have fixed the major issues with the message boxes, you can reply just fine now. Quick reply doesn't seem to refresh upon posting though.
2007-04-21, 6:11 PM #2
It doesn't seem to recognize that I'm on a PDA...

I've still got standard formatting. Any specific instructions to get to "Mobile Massassi?"
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-04-21, 6:14 PM #3
You have to go to the bottom drop down box and pick "Massassi PDA".
2007-04-21, 9:29 PM #4
I "Emulated" [Made my browser window tiny] a pda it and it looks really nice.
2007-04-21, 10:06 PM #5
Berries and cream! Nice. :eng101:
Back again
2007-04-21, 10:16 PM #6
It'd be easier to read if posts didn't alternate colors.

(IE, make the colors like on Fancy)
2007-04-21, 10:34 PM #7
omfg I love you matty
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2007-04-22, 7:52 AM #8
Originally posted by Rob:
It'd be easier to read if posts didn't alternate colors.

(IE, make the colors like on Fancy)

This can be done, anyone else want all the posts the same color?
2007-04-22, 4:53 PM #9
Hmm...

Code:
gbk@katherine:~/dev/massassi$ du -sh pda/
253K    pda
gbk@katherine:~/dev/massassi$ du -sh standard/
393K    standard/

Those folders contain the full page (+ images, scripts, etc) of this thread in both the standard theme and this pda theme. 253k is still frickin' huge.

Does the pda theme really need javascript menus, ajax post routines, rich text editors, etc? Those JS files add up to 150k. Per page.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2007-04-22, 6:14 PM #10
I think I may actually use this on my computer for no particular reason. I kinda like it.
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2007-04-22, 6:58 PM #11
Originally posted by gbk:
Hmm...

Code:
gbk@katherine:~/dev/massassi$ du -sh pda/
253K    pda
gbk@katherine:~/dev/massassi$ du -sh standard/
393K    standard/
Those folders contain the full page (+ images, scripts, etc) of this thread in both the standard theme and this pda theme. 253k is still frickin' huge.

Does the pda theme really need javascript menus, ajax post routines, rich text editors, etc? Those JS files add up to 150k. Per page.

Honestly I tried to edit out as much javascript and ajax as I felt comfortable doing so.

There's a lot left that I am wary on removing because of just how picky the forms are. For example, the "Go Advanced" button on quick reply MUST be there.

Edit: I went back and trimmed a bit more, made the thread moderation tools appear instead of the useless post moderation tools appear for mods/admins, and cleaned up stuff like reply (now R), etc. Should be a little be leaner now, but probably not too much.

↑ Up to the top!