Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Um, since the tech forum is gone...
Um, since the tech forum is gone...
2007-04-22, 11:36 PM #1
I guess I'll ask here. Does anyone know of any benchmarks comparing the T5xxx and T7xxx Meroms? I need to buy a new laptop but I don't know if the price increase is worth the performance.

On another note, which manufacturers' generally have the best screens? Especially in terms of color reproduction?
2007-04-23, 10:45 AM #2
Well Samsung and NEC make pretty awesome LCD panels which are often used by other manufacturer's. Doesn't mean they are all good, though.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-04-23, 12:29 PM #3
I just got a Dell E1705, and I LOVE IT.

I've heard that when you get dell's most expensive screens you're actually getting sharp. Everything I've read as far as reviews of these screens says they're pretty awesome mcsauce.
2007-04-23, 12:46 PM #4
Be wary of LCD reviews, though. Most people who review them don't know what they're talking about.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-04-23, 2:34 PM #5
Originally posted by Rob:

I've heard that when you get dell's most expensive screens you're actually getting sharp. Everything I've read as far as reviews of these screens says they're pretty awesome mcsauce.

Samsung does Dell's high-end stuff. Apple's too.
D E A T H
2007-04-23, 2:40 PM #6
Originally posted by Rob:

17" is too big (do you still get discounts on Dells?). 14" is pretty much the sweet size as far as portability screen size is concerned.

↑ Up to the top!